Who here actually works at home?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Farmer_Ted, May 30, 2007.

1. kohuether

kohuether New Member

I work at home, too. I make a living as a writer and I also supplement it with Get Paid To sites.

I work at home full time, and make around $2000 a month. I am not the main source of income in the household...
  2. gchildren

gchildren New Member

Working from home can happen just like so many people have shared.

The key is to commit to learning how you can make it succeed and then testing what you have learned. And give yourself the time that it is going to take for you to achieve your success.

Don't give up. If your success is not happening, learn a new marketing technique and test it. Learn - try - adjust!

To your success,

John
  3. Power_Advisor27

Power_Advisor27 New Member

Quoting: decker2006I think Bigrich is right. In the beginning you have to put a lot of time and learning in to it and setting up your infrastructure. I think that is why a lot of people fail because it is not always immediate success. You have to have long term goals.

I completely agree with BigRich and Noreen! Setting up an online business is no different from setting up any other business. it takes time, effort and energy. Most folks want instant gratification. I've been with my opportunity for more than half a year now. And though I've been making money with it for quite a while, I've just now gotten to a point where I feel completely comfortable (as in, it's pretty much automated now, and I can afford to spend less time working it and more time enjoying my freedom). Most folks just aren't willing to put in that much time before they see results. For me, getting back into the working world just isn't an option! I've been working from home for too long to want to get into that rat race again!

With that being said, I'll add my name to the list of folks on here who work from home. I enjoy what I do, and it's taking care of all of our bills, allowed both my fiancee and I to quit our jobs, and we're both now working completely from home in our own ventures, and starting another one. I have been with my current opportunity since Feb. of this year, and was able to quit my job back in April (without the need at any point for a part-time or anything else). My home business has been able to sustain this household, fund our vacations, new home, new furniture and other new ventures and is allowing us to save up for our wedding. I couldn't be happier!

Working from home successfully is definitely possible. You just have to find a program you're comfortable promoting (and that will actually benefit others), and get to it!

-PA27
  4. Sean Byrne

Sean Byrne New Member

Quoting: Power_Advisor27I completely agree with BigRich and Noreen! Setting up an online business is no different from setting up any other business. it takes time, effort and energy. Most folks want instant gratification. I've been with my opportunity for more than half a year now. And though I've been making money with it for quite a while, I've just now gotten to a point where I feel completely comfortable (as in, it's pretty much automated now, and I can afford to spend less time working it and more time enjoying my freedom). Most folks just aren't willing to put in that much time before they see results. For me, getting back into the working world just isn't an option! I've been working from home for too long to want to get into that rat race again!

With that being said, I'll add my name to the list of folks on here who work from home. I enjoy what I do, and it's taking care of all of our bills, allowed both my fiancee and I to quit our jobs, and we're both now working completely from home in our own ventures, and starting another one. I have been with my current opportunity since Feb. of this year, and was able to quit my job back in April (without the need at any point for a part-time or anything else). My home business has been able to sustain this household, fund our vacations, new home, new furniture and other new ventures and is allowing us to save up for our wedding. I couldn't be happier!

Working from home successfully is definitely possible. You just have to find a program you're comfortable promoting (and that will actually benefit others), and get to it!

-PA27

Well said and I couldnt agree more.. I started the Profitlance course 4 months ago... I have make a small amount of money with it so far. But in time.. as I become more skilled in internet marketing.. I will see better results!

Good luck to you all and I wish you every continued success.. You fully deserve it! Well done!
  5. Trojan9

Trojan9 New Member

I work at home also, but I do have a full-time job, and I am continuing my education. Its a hard juggle but when you get some things to work, the payoff is quite exhilarating. There is nothing like your first pay pal payment or seeing traffic visits, or rank jump from high 6 to a low 5 figures overnight. I put in a lot of work though , and I mean a lot, I sometimes fall asleep at my computers, ha. I agree with everyones comments it can be done, but its no walk in the park. It is real work and takes sometimes 4 to 6 months to even move. My main focus is on graphic design , then in affiliate marketing and IFW's. I'm just glad I found a forum that I feel is a good indirect support line for me.

best of luck.
  6. newbie8100

newbie8100 New Member

I work at home as a medical transcriptionist. It is interesting; never a dull moment. I make good money doing it and have tons of flexibility. I have research the heck out of other "online" making making opportunities and work-at-home jobs and this was the only one that was legitimate! I know when I sit down at my computer and spent time working that I am actually going to get paid. It is a nice feeling.
  7. cmartel

cmartel New Member

I work at home- I make an average of 5K a month or so.
  8. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Quoting: cmartelI work at home- I make an average of 5K a month or so.

Do you have a job or business
  9. sheilanoel

sheilanoel New Member

I work from home 9 months out of the year. The other three months I work for a winery as a Sugar Sampler. I volunteer a lot in my community so I need to have a flexible schedule. I also have three daughters and two are still in school. They are very active in sports and I enjoy watching them play.
  10. aldanson

aldanson New Member

been working at home since july 13. Its been about 2.5 months and I have earned about $1500.00 so i think its possible if your willing to work
  11. advoc821

advoc821 New Member

Quoting: aldansonbeen working at home since july 13. Its been about 2.5 months and I have earned about $1500.00 so i think its possible if your willing to work

Hi aldanson!

I checked out your signature. Is that where your $1500.00 come from? Does this online data entry really work for you or are you an affiliate of it?

If you can honestly say that it is legit and there will be ready jobs for anybody without having to wait for a company to accept my application (particularly the "worlwide data-entry processor) I'd give it a go.

I have plenty of time in my hands![​IMG]

Work Hard, Play Hard! [​IMG]
  12. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I work part time from home. I'm not earning enough yet to go full time, but I get paid on a monthly basis, and I hope to go full time at some point in the future.
  13. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Quoting: Farmer_TedDoes anyone here actually work from home? I think it's a relatively small success rate that makes me feel like giving up haha. But w/e I've only been in it for a month

My husband and I both work from home.It is a business though and not a job...We have been able to do well enough at it , that we are doing it full time, but it takes several months in most business opportunities before you start seeing a significant income.

So hang in there and don't give up!Make a poster of WHY you are doing this and hang it up where you can see it often - When we are working from home, and aren't under the pressure and stress of a boss, we need motivation to keep us on track... Or at least I do![​IMG]

Have a great day!
    ~Viola
  14. fear

fear New Member

PNL Travel: I DO! I DO!

I work from home full time -- well not full time. More like 15 hours a week.

I do not work out of the home any longer and I don't plan on ever going out to get a job again!

Lora

lucky for those who work at home [​IMG]. I also want to work from home since im still going to school and i want to make some money from home as well as you people here. how do you do it, what do you do? sell, typist, etc? how much do you pay or is it free? man can anyone help me please? haha thanks
  15. Kecia08

Kecia08 New Member

I also work at home. When I decided to go back to college, I had to quit my full time job to do so. I had been doing sponsored blogging and freelance writing project for almost a year when I decided to quit, so my husband and I decided that I could just work from home around school.

I tried those "Get Rich Quick" programs, but felt like all of them were a waste of time. Now I just make money writing for others.
  16. Hattrrrick

Hattrrrick New Member

fear: how do you do it, what do you do? sell, typist, etc? how much do you pay or is it free? man can anyone help me please?

Like it has been mentioned earlier in the posts, look at most peoples signatures here. These are the programs they are using.

I have just recently started my online marketing, although I have tried in the past and failed. It was mentioned that most people quit because it's part of the learning curve. I totally believe that is part of the learning curve. One of my favorite quotes is "If you've never failed, you've never tried."

Anyway, I'm not looking to quit my full-time regular job anytime soon, I would just like to use some extra income to fund my trading account. With small goals like this, eventually it will snowball into something I could never imagined, but it will be good if it just makes me a few bucks.
  17. TexasMom

TexasMom New Member

I have worked from home for a over a year now. I am able to supplement my husbands income and able to raise our daughter. We have another baby on the way and I am so excited because I have my systems in place this time around.
    Remember that working from home can be a struggle if you do not manage your time well. I learned that I was the best boss that I have ever had. I can be flexible with the hours that I work. I normally get 2 hours a day for my work and earn plenty to pay my bills. I am working to increase this so that my husband will be able to take a different job that gives him more time with us! You have to set goals and try to accomplish them. You have to have someone that you can lean on that will lift you up, not bring you down. Just don't quit! That is the biggest mistake that anyone can make!
  18. genebx

genebx New Member

I work from home full-time. My wife and I own a Home-based Child Daycare, caring for up to 12 children in our home. We work about 11 hours a day, five days a week, and we're barely making ends meet.

I've been reading forum posts for an hour or two now (our kids are taking their nap) and I'm seeing two groups of people - one who wants to make money and another who IS making money. And I'm reading things like "I work four hours a day and make a full-time living." or "I make better money part-time than I ever did at a full-time job!" I won't say all these people are lying, but I will say after ten+ years of reading and researching, I've read those kinds of claims so many times that they immediately make me suspicious.

I've read elsewhere today that people are mistaken to ask for a "guaranteed income." I can agree with that, but I do wish there were some way to weed out the scammers and dreamers, and get down to the real people making real money who are really willing to teach others how they did it. My experience has been that even the marketers known for their integrity tend to leave out vital information, and I'm just tired of that. I wish it were a bit simpler.

Just thinking out loud, I guess... [​IMG]

Gene.
  19. opendomain

opendomain New Member

I work from home part time doing book keeping as well as working online in my own business as well as promoting affiliate items, as well as a full time employee, as well as being a father of 5[​IMG] I make enough money to enjoy life and dabble in my own business ventures from time to time... lets put it like this, I moved up a tax bracket this year[​IMG]...just one though[​IMG]

I will say that I make more money from bookkeeping than any of my business opportunities...though the gap on that is quickly closing. You can find guaranteed income online, but that typically comes from a job and not a business. The upside is it's guaranteed, the downside is ti's usually a static amount. Having a business is not guaranteed, but for the most part the sky is the limit...that's why I do both[​IMG]
  20. kevink88

kevink88 New Member

I work from home for my websites and earn money mostly from Adsense. Even though I still have a full time job, the cash generated from my websites is quickly catching up my salary. So I will probably quit my job in a few years. My experience is everything need persistence and hardworking. Treat your work from home as a business. Have a business plan. Find your niche. Then do the hard work and never give up.