Who here actually works at home?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Farmer_Ted, May 30, 2007.

1. sparquel

sparquel New Member

Farmer_Ted: Does anyone here actually work from home? I think it's a relatively small success rate that makes me feel like giving up haha. But w/e I've only been in it for a month

I currently work from home on a semi-part time schedule to help supplement my hubby's full time factory job income. I expect my work from home schedule to expand closer to full time in the very near future.

Ted, I would strongly encourage you to not give up, especially if you feel it in your heart to pursue and find credible home employment.

I do understand how you feel in terms of contemplating giving up after about a month of searching. However, for many (including myself) it took a while. Fortunately for others, the search ends much sooner.

To avoid all of the scams and garbage, I had to learn how and where to effective search for legitimate home employment. I remained diligent, positive, persistent, and confident because I KNEW there was a credible job out there for me. I even went a step further and approached someone (my current boss) ... lol, which paid off for me.

If you have the right mind set, stay focused and frequently visit good forums (like this one) ... you are bound to find what you are looking for.

Much success in your search [​IMG]
  2. alexa

alexa New Member

I've only ever worked at home and wouldn't want it any other way. (I'm a part-time university student too, but that's not income-producing, of course, so I don't really call it "work").
  3. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

I takes a lot of research to find the right opportunities, but it is possible to be successful.
  4. ladyjerusalem

ladyjerusalem New Member

Hey there! I work at home and then stay home with my five year old. I am new to this forum. I also have a membership at WAHM.com. I transcribe for a company in PA and am in a newsletter that sends me free offers that they pay me for signing up for. They are good for $20 or more a day. With the transcription, I make about $400 a week, before taxes. Nice to meet you all!
  5. footbag_man

footbag_man New Member

Farmer_Ted: Does anyone here actually work from home? I think it's a relatively small success rate that makes me feel like giving up haha. But w/e I've only been in it for a month

I feel you pain my friend... when i hear ppl saying they make xxxxx amount every day .... im like HOW???
  6. adelaida17

adelaida17 New Member

Hey, I am a stay at home mom who just got started in an online business. Hard to find time with my baby but I like the challenge and the promised land too.
  7. K8perron

K8perron New Member

I work at home and I am only 22. I do Medical Transcription. My mom got me into it, and now I am certified.
  8. karma

karma New Member

It has been said already but ill say it again. Persistance is the key. It helps if you know what you are doing aswel. Most people will pack it in just before the results will begin to show. This has to be the single biggest reason people fail to make it.
  9. Aaronbiz

Aaronbiz New Member

Maybe we have all had it to easy???

Lets face it if you still have a J.O.B, you will probably be working in a service industry, based in an office or maybe Hungry Jacks.

None of the above compares to 100 years ago a J.O.B was very labour intensive.

Food for thought

Aaron Riddell
  10. johntanyishin

johntanyishin New Member

You probably want to check out elance, if you want to earn money online through jobs.

There are other opportunities online as well, it doesn't mean that you have to start your business online entirely.

JTYS
  11. unselfishbuddy

unselfishbuddy New Member

I work from home full time as well. I've graduated from a Business and Accounting program. However, I have learned that money can definitely made from home. I love earning residual/passive income as it allows you to do the work on the front end and receive payments regularly, for the long term, with small amount of effort. Of course, it takes some time to establish this income, but it's absolutely worth it. [​IMG]
  12. FactFind

FactFind New Member

I do both actually! I was working full time outside of the home and loosing precious time with my family. I decided to start working online and only work part time outside of the home. This is working for me now but with some added online opportunities I recently started, I should be able to give up my part time job by the first of the year. [​IMG]
  13. fear

fear New Member

do you who work at home get paid by doing the work and just working? or do you have to let people buy the product or view your article first? or things like that?
  14. glitch00

glitch00 New Member

I enjoy working at home, I guess I can say full time, but based on my experiences, not only do I have the privilege to earn from my efforts in the online industry, but I've learned so much about marketing etc., and I've made wonderful friends as well. It's been a good 2 months so far and I'm hoping to go further.
  15. pip87

pip87 New Member

fear: do you who work at home get paid by doing the work and just working? or do you have to let people buy the product or view your article first? or things like that?

I work from home marketing my own website so i only get paid when someone purchases something.

I have only recently been able to work from home but i made the decision to do it when my daughter was born, now i wouldn't look back!

Im still waiting for it to become easier though as i do work everyday for most of the day so it is hard work, but it's worth it to be able to stay at home at the same time.
  16. bkamanski

bkamanski New Member

I was set free from the workfarce less than 4 months ago! I love working from home too. Talk about FREEDOM! [​IMG]
  17. HappyHamster

HappyHamster New Member

I just started working my online income system. I have been doing it for a week, I know thats not a long time but I hope it works out. Is anyone else working the same program? If so can u tell me if you are having any luck with it.
  18. kingjim

kingjim New Member

I have a part time job in I.T. and work from home about 20 hours a week. My wife is full time and is giving me this opportunity so I work hard!

Finding a good business with a long term approach, with a great product/service, good support and proof of success (happy customers and [for online business] top 3% page ranking) is quite rare.

I think we need to look at who is working in the business now, can you talk to them and get an idea of how good it is. If a business say they can't dislcose this - run away! You should be able to get lots of info about an opportunity before handing over one dollar.

It IS possible to work from home and it is well worth it, but you may need to prepare yourself mentally. The laws of success can be learned and there is a bit of work to do, yet as already mentioned Persistance is a key. Just don't give up! Due diligence is also required unless you wan't to get ripped off.

Good luck!

KJ
  19. Gailtravel

Gailtravel New Member

I do not work at home. I have a home based business. There is a HUGE difference. I make my own hours, work at my own pace. I have no dealdlines other than the ones I set for myself. In addition there are legal tax deductions that I can take when I do my taxes, (see a CPA who is knowledgeable about home based businesses) You can't do that with a work at home job!
  20. WorkyAtHome

WorkyAtHome New Member

I do Work At Home from a long time.

8 - 14 hours daily.