Who is using Wordpress?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by Barb Thornback, Dec 8, 2010.

1. CatherineK

CatherineK Member

I also use and love WordPress. The flexibility with plugins and widgets is amazing. Mind you, any plugin-aholic can find too many interfere with the site, but aside from that it's SEO abilities are awesome. As Vishal says too, Google loves site with some interaction and social signals matter. I now use the Disqus commenting system on major sites. This beats the spam hands down.

jeffreysloe likes this.
  2. ShirleyM

ShirleyM New Member

What I like most about Wordpress are all of the plugins that make life easier and the templates that are available to help make your site look better. Many of the plugins are free or very low cost. It takes away the fuss of dealing with coding.

3. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

WordPress is the best!
    It's so flexible and extremely easy!
    I remember I used to design everything in HTML and CSS but now with WordPress I hardly need to do any coding myself! :)

4. Pauldadathome

Pauldadathome New Member

Ok I just created my first blog on WP using their domain. I'm learning so much so quickly about blogs, monetizing, affiliate marketing, ppc, argh! I am 40 yrs old and just getting into this, can I compete with people that talk about optimizing websites in a language i am finding hard to follow? Well I am putting my little fingers out there everywhere first and see if I can earn a dollar from this before investing any cash. It's so nice to find a forum like this, seems like an incredible resource to have.

WP seems a little intimidating to me, a guy who knows his way around a computer only as an end user. But I managed to crank out that first blog (for free) and get it published so if I can do it anyone can. I love all the comments about how great it is for SEO.

payment proof likes this.
  5. Erica Martin

Erica Martin New Member

I have a self-hosted Wordpress website and a few wordpress.com blogs. I love my wordpress self-hosted site because o the versatility, I may actually migrate one of my wordpress.com blogs to a self-hosted site eventually, but I want to see how much traffic it gets first.

6. Dereco Cherry

Dereco Cherry Member

I love the fact that I own and control all of my content that's on my blog. I don't have to worry about it getting shut down because of some rule I didn't know about.

7. jeffreysloe

jeffreysloe Member

Hi Dereco,
    Yes, it's nice when you (we) are in control of what goes on the site. That was a BIG problem with blogger, you had to abide by their rules, of some I didn't agree with. I started with WP.com and then moved over to building and hosting my own WP sites way back in 07-08. I really like the way the developers stay on top of bugs/issues, as they arise. I like how easy it is to change a theme to give your site a new and refreshing look. Plus, within the past few years, the cPanel has implemented and easy WP installation feature. Early on the one thing I wasn't to fond of was all the spam, but now with ALL of the security plugins available, spam does not seem to be an issue.

8. WorkAtHome_Pam

WorkAtHome_Pam New Member

Totally agree with everyone who is on board with WP. All of my sites are WP, as well as my customers....Google loves them, they are much more SEO friendly, and they are easy for others to learn when I turn their business back to them.

Yes, they have plugin glitches....but generally not a big deal. I have one customer who sells mobile homes and he wanted me to create an online presence, he also needed a mobile version to for his site.
    When I logged into the site I realized this was custom made from HTML files, the only way to modify ANYTHING was to upload a new HTML file, really? I don't "write code", maybe one day when I am bored I will learn....only because I would like to know all aspects of website building. That said, I know enough to realize this was about as anti Google as it gets, and I converted it to Wordpress last night.

I am big on people knowing how to manage their own website and not being at the mercy of some "guru" will charge a fortune and make sure they are always at their mercy, WP offers that with an easy interface.

Totally agree with Virshal with the comments, and the value they add. My boss (restaurant owner) is a very popular lady who is well loved by our customers near and far, and it her site is so low maintenance as far as SEO, because of the content (comments) people leave on her site as well as many others.

With some of customers I have integrated Facebook within the pages and posts of a WP just to encourage that fresh content and easily have it shared by posting to their wall.

If you are not into coding, want a simple interface, easier indexing and SEO, and the ability to change your entire site with a few clicks, WP is a great solution!

Dereco Cherry and Just2EZ like this.
  9. SkipTheDrive

SkipTheDrive New Member

I love WordPress! The huge community makes it such a a great CMS, because there are so many great free plugins, support, etc. It's also pretty SEO-friendly right 'out of the box', but you can also add SEO plugins. Most of the newer themes are responsive, which is going to be a huge plus when Google rolls out their mobile-friendly algorithm update 4/21/15.

10. Tom Nalis

Tom Nalis New Member

For the creation of our updated site I hired several webdesigners but ended up creating it myself as a total newbie in WordPress. Not even 3 weeks later I had the website up and running with all features I possibly wanted. I totally recommend this way over having someone else create the site for you. Another option would be to use a more easy platform like Weebly but the problem there is that you're mostly too limited and you're stuck with the functionality offered. The great thing of WordPress is that the platform itself is easy to use but at the same time is suitable for more advanced features. Extremely powerful are the thousands of Plugins that give you access to features not long ago were only within reach to die hard programmers.
    Besides WordPress part of my positive experience is because of using a highly flexible and easy to use WordPress theme called Divi from Elegent Themes. It allowed me to quickly create a professional looking site by drag and drop with their advanced Page Builder. So in short; if you're looking for a way to easily set up your own website but at the same time want to make sure you're not bound to limitations with too little functionalities use WordPress with Divi 2 theme (or any theme like it) and add plugins for any functionality you lack off! You might struggle a bit to figure it all out but after you'll be surprised of what you can achieve!

Cheers, Tom

[Links Removed - Admin]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2015
  11. shubha

shubha New Member

I use wordpress , I really love working on wordpress , Yes google like wp BUt you just cant ignore bloggers work for their own blogs , content always play important role in any website