Who uses which advertising tracking software?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by cyberchick, Sep 17, 2006.

1. cyberchick

cyberchick New Member

I would like to get some feedback in regards to what sort of traffic software is recommended, so that I can track were (from which ad exactly) my traffic stems from.
    I am a member of trackthatad, but I really am not too keen on their URL's. I'd like to keep my domain name as the URL and still be able to track it.
    Any suggestions please on what has worked for you.
    Thanks in advance [​IMG]
  2. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Use Awstats, it is free and you get details of upto 1000 referrers.
  3. cyberchick

cyberchick New Member

I checked out Awstats, but it appears to be a lot of advertised links? Couldn't find the info I was looking for really. Maybe I have to re-phrase my question. I know of tracking sytems like aweber, and getresponse to track your different adds, newsletters, and campaigns. Then there is the free trackthatad. I would appreciate some feedback from existing users and others who might want to suggest something else they use. Also anything free and realiable...tnx [​IMG]
  4. arunkumarsuri

arunkumarsuri New Member

If you want a very comprehensive ad tracker you can try myadstracker but it is not free. All free trackers have some limitations.
  5. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Awstats is a free software which you upload to your server and is one of the most widely used webstats package. There are no advertised links, you have reached the wrong page.
  6. cyberchick

cyberchick New Member

Hey, thanks a lot for this info. I found the right page on Awstats. It tells me that I need firefox and talks about uploading to my server. Does this mean uploading to any domain name servers I own? So if I own the name myname.com and host it with godaddy, can I upload this directly to it, or do I need advanced knowledge in webdesign?
  7. moremagic

moremagic New Member

Hi there Cyberchick,

If you would like to track your advertising well and still for free you might want to look at fastclickSQL available here:

http://www.ftrsoft.com/fclicksql.html (no affiliatelink)

You have to upload it to your own server but this is explained very clear in the installation manual. It shouldn't take to long.

Especially since you would like to keep your own domain name in the links which this software is capable of doing as well it might be a good choice.

I am using it myself as well and am more then satisfied with it.

Hope this will help,

Harrold

PS: No limitations discovered so far, you can create categories, name the links the way you want and have immediate details as to where your visitors came from.
  8. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Quoting: cyberchickDoes this mean uploading to any domain name servers I own? So if I own the name myname.com and host it with godaddy, can I upload this directly to it, or do I need advanced knowledge in webdesign?
    You need to upload it to your webhosting servers with GoDaddy. You dont need firefox but you will need SSH access to your server.
  9. cyberchick

cyberchick New Member

Hi all, sorry for my absence and therefore lack of participation! I have spent some time in hospital and am now back on the mend. I appreciate all your helpful comments and will certainly take time to research them all. It's really great to be able to get so much great advise from this community and a great way to expand ones knowledge base [​IMG]
  10. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

cyberchick: I would like to get some feedback in regards to what sort of traffic software is recommended, so that I can track were (from which ad exactly) my traffic stems from.
    I am a member of trackthatad, but I really am not too keen on their URL's. I'd like to keep my domain name as the URL and still be able to track it.
    Any suggestions please on what has worked for you.

I personally use stat counter. Just in put the code in every page.
    It is so simple
  11. molyda

molyda New Member

Wow... installing the softwares seems so complicated! Instructions are very technical! No screenshots... Not sure I'll play with that.. anything simpler? [​IMG]