Who's Clicking And Buying

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by duckbird, Oct 15, 2007.

1. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Who the heck is buying stuff on the internet or even clicking on those little Google Ads? My site is all over the internet but yet I'm getting zero sales and maybe 2 to 3 clicks per week. I guess my question is, do I have to spend $500.00 to over $1000.00 a month to start making a little bit of money.

And speaking of spending money, pay per click may be the best thing going, but it makes no sense to me. As I understand it and let me know if I'm wrong, you have to pay every time someone clicks on your link and or you can bid on keywords?

If you are using PPC, tell me if you are paying for clicks and bidding on key words then how are you making a profit?
    Let's say I can spend anywhere from $40.00 to $100.00 tops no more. Can I use PPC?
  2. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

You have to spend $10,000 per month for each penny of income.
  3. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

You don't have to spend money to make money as free blogs and free traffic generation techniques are adequate enough to make you money. Just out of interest what is you traffic information for your sites
  4. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Quoting: HemjoeJust out of interest what is you traffic information for your sites

I'd like to answer your question, but I'm not sure I understand it.
  5. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

What do you mean that your site is all over the internet?
    You need to be getting a ton of traffic in order to make a lot of money with google adsense. Make sure that you use the wordtracker keyword tool to figure out how many people are typing in your keywords every day. If there are only 10 ppl per day typing in the words, then you won't make any money.
  6. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

sorry i was in a bit of a rush i mean how many people are visiting your site per day
  7. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Quoting: Hemjoehow many people are visiting your site per day

About 20 to 30.

Yesterday was a good day for me, with Adsense, I made $2.29.
  8. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

although that traffic isn't high no sales leads to a couple of conclusions firstly the traffic you are getting may not be targeted and therefore it isn't interested in the content you have to offer. The second could be that your content doesn't show a fair reflection of the products and therefore the visitors want buy. thirdly You could be trying to promote the wrong products, products that customers don't like or not interested in. I am not saying these are the definite reasons for lack of sales it is just a few possibilities you might want to look at. Hope this helps
  9. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Quoting: Hemjoealthough that traffic isn't high no sales leads to a couple of conclusions firstly the traffic you are getting may not be targeted and therefore it isn't interested in the content you have to offer. The second could be that your content doesn't show a fair reflection of the products and therefore the visitors want buy. thirdly You could be trying to promote the wrong products, products that customers don't like or not interested in. I am not saying these are the definite reasons for lack of sales it is just a few possibilities you might want to look at. Hope this helps

I'm promoting online businesses such as Profit Lance and others on my site. When advertising, I try when possible to place it in areas like Business To Busines, Internet, Business Opps etc. Not only am I submitting to SE's, I'm also placing ads in the free classifieds.
  10. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

You seem to be using a similar strategy to what i am using, how much time do you spend on this a day, on average and how long have you had the profit lance course
  11. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Quoting: Hemjoehow much time do you spend on this a day, on average and how long have you had the profit lance course

Give or take, I'm spending about 3 to 5 hour throughout the day on the project. I've had Profit Lance since late Aug 07
  12. kalien

kalien New Member

I've been hearing (reading) alot about Profit Lance lately. What exactly does it offer that the other ebooks and such don't?

Does it work only for those with established sites?

I'm tired of wasting money on material that says the same things in different ways.
  13. LuckyRon

LuckyRon New Member

It seems to me that many of these programs rely on the inexperience of internet users. I know when I click on link that takes me to one of these money making programs that is selling sizzle and no steak I hit the back button quick.

I am not naming names or pointing fingers because I have not researched that many in full. I have observed that many are only selling so called marketing secrets that can be used to sell the marketing secrets. It reminds me of a pyramid scheme.

I am not against developing a good marketing strategy however I believe you should have a product to market. With enough research most of these marketing secrets for sale can be found free.

I noticed Kalien has a link posted above me here that goes to an online mall. Now she has not restricted herself to one product. She offers a vast array of products where almost anyone should find something of interest.

Now perhaps these secret marketing strategies could help her but since they are a secret the only way to know would be to risk an investment. The key word here is "Risk".[​IMG]

My motto:

"Keep your money in your pocket and your fingers on the keyboard"
  14. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Quoting: LuckyRon"Keep your money in your pocket and your fingers on the keyboard"

Truth be told, the same information we're paying for, with a little effort, you can find it on the internet for free and be just as sucessful in my option.
  15. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Quoting: duckbirdGive or take, I'm spending about 3 to 5 hour throughout the day on the project.

That's a respectable amount of time especially if you have a busy schedule.

Quoting: duckbirdAbout 20 to 30.

Yesterday was a good day for me, with Adsense, I made $2.29.

Did your submissions pay off then? Is the impatient Duck starting to think about smiling some day? I'd say that's a big improvement.

Quoting: duckbirdTruth be told, the same information we're paying for, with a little effort, you can find it on the internet for free and be just as sucessful in my option.

That is correct. I'm glad you have seen the light. On the other hand, compiling and categorizing are time consumming and easier said than done. It's hard to decide if you should buy books, something like PL, or compile your own info. Maybe a combination of the three is a good choice for some. Personally, I have a LOT of every type.

Keep on progressing. It usually starts with a very small and sporadic income.

Newbie Shield
  16. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Quoting: Newbie ShieldDid your submissions pay off then? Is the impatient Duck starting to think about smiling some day? I'd say that's a big improvement.

The submissions seem to be getting me a few more visitors which is a good thing. I'm starting to see the big picture.
  17. happywife

happywife Gold Member

duckbird,

Hmmm. Where to start? I guess the Google Ad question. People do click on Google ads or Google wouldn't be rich. [​IMG] There are some strategy's to help you get a higher click rate. Google offers tips and help in your Adsense account section. Some of the most basic to implement is ad placement. It has been determined that more ads are clicked on that are across the top or in the upper left corner above the fold of the page.

Having said that, you definitely need to build more traffic to your site to expect any remarkable amount of income from Adsense. Click thru rates are not huge in general, less than 10%, sometimes as little as 1%. So you need a lot of visitors to get a lot of clicks.

I personally am not impressed with these programs like Profit Lance, Rich Jerk, etc. (no offense to ANYONE intended) that are basically getting you to sign up with claims of large income generation so that you can get other people to sign up with claims of large income generation, ad nauseum.

I was as guilty as the next person in the beginning of my online venture. I was just doing what I was instructed, but I felt extremely uncomfortable making claims of success that were not mine. It seems the only one who is being successful in these types of ventures are the ones who wrote the hype in the first place.

My point is, you would be more likely, in my opinion, to succeed if you developed YOUR OWN site on products or services that you can feel comfortable recommending.

This isn't meant to be a sales pitch for SBI, but I have to say this.
    SBI has an affiliate program. Actually, a very good one. However,
    when I joined SBI, they didn't simply try to get me to promote their products. The opposite in fact. They encourage you and guide you to find a personal niche that is suited to YOU.

They help you build your own successful site's (knowing full well that you are going to be so wowed by their materials and support that you will hardly be able to keep yourself from promoting their products). Do you see what I mean? The emphasis is on building genuine businesses first to help you and then you expand their business as a side effect.

Granted, you can just become an affiliate without owning any of the products yourself, but you probably won't be quite as successful at it since you won't really grasp the magnitude of what you are promoting.

Okay, okay, this is becoming a lot longer than intended. I do hope that it may help you out some though.

To your success,