Why Do 98% Of Home Businesses Fail?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by sundown16, Feb 26, 2009.

1. sundown16

sundown16 New Member

People jump into these opportunities and unrealistically expect to
    earn massive income overnight! It just doesn't work that way.
    The so-called gurus never reveal all the pieces of the puzzle. They
    give you a few strategies, but no all.
    Why would they? Most people enter a saturated market, without
    a clue how to promote their site. They don't do the market
    research, study the competition or stick to their business plan.
    They are doomed to fail, and probably give up to soon.

till next time....
  2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

sundown16: People jump into these opportunities and unrealistically expect to earn massive income overnight! It just doesn't work that way.
    That's right. Unless you win the lottery or inherit a fortune, success doesn't suddenly drop into your lap.

sundown16: They don't do the market research, study the competition or stick to their business plan.
    Another great point. Inadequate preparation will deliver poor results every time.

sundown16: They... probably give up to soon.
    True again! They are not sufficiently committed to the pursuit to weather the marketing storms they encounter. As a result, they end up getting discouraged after only a few early challenges.

Great observations, Sundown!

3. Matt Zenittini

Matt Zenittini Silver Member

A8ch: Unless you win the lottery or inherit a fortune, success doesn't suddenly drop into your lap.
    Even if you do that.. Most people are poor one year later. Success is something totally different in most cases [​IMG].

Have you ever read rich dad, poor dad?

Here is an excerpt (in my words).

If you take a rich person and a poor person and take away everything they have, put them in a foreign country with nothing, in 2 years the rich person will be rich again and the poor person will still be poor.

If someone took away from Bill Gates everything he had. Do you think he would become rich again?

I think so =].

Matthew Zenittini
  4. samda

samda Member

I agree with this and commend the post starter. Yes, Gurus will never give the exact strategy.

Just imagine if you have found a secret after all hard work why you want to share with some one else and make this method more competitive.

If at all the person shares the secret, it must be outdated on or simply a saturated one.

This is why most of the fool proof ways of money making doesn't work because there is no fool proof ways.

You have to carve your own way !
  5. gridellas

gridellas New Member

I have learned through my experience that they give you the general idea but it is up to you to do the extensive research to find the little things that make you succeed. There is a lot of research that people have do on their own. The ones that don't make it, expect everything to be handed to them. So as Matt said the poor will stay poor.
  6. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Sundown,

98% of businesses fail due to lack of preparation, commitment, and hard work.

Everyone loves the idea but few are willing to go through the motions with the full being each and every required step of the way.

Who will commit to being the 2% (or is it more like 1%?) who will do what ever it takes for as long as it takes.

Remember, there is no try, there is only do. Write that on your wall in black marker and focus on it every day.

~Newbie Shield~
  7. darioizaks

darioizaks New Member

Many people think that starting an on line business is a quick way of getting rich, however they don't realize that as you follow a career out there in the world so internet marketing becomes a career, where you will have ups and downs. Will have to learn some new stuff and also work hard to succeed. I think people have a whole wrong concept about internet marketing
  8. thebart

thebart New Member

Plan to Work & Work the Plan...

Very few people who are looking to make money online actually want to do any WORK. We all need to generate something, whether it is a physical product or a "soft" product like marketing; IT ALL TAKE EFFORT.

Those people who are willing to work and put in the effort will see the rewards. Those that are out for a get rich quick scheme will fail.
  9. Sonni

Sonni New Member

I agree NS except if I don't try I never do. I have noticed there are some things I try and find out I'm not too keen on it or can't seem to grasp it at all. No matter how hard I try to do it I can't get it.

Then I will try something else and it clicks. I guess it's about aptitude a bit as well as attitude. I've heard other people say similar things.
  10. gowriter

gowriter Member

Because 98% of the gurus suck.

I agree that some people can't get out of their employee-mode of thinking to put in what it takes to make money online, and some are just downright lazy.

However, those aren't the ones interested in making money through hard work. Those are the ones looking for get rich quick.

But we've got many people out there who are very willing to put in the hard work to be successful. If you're working hard in an office job to earn your pay, you have the gumption and the talent to work hard in putting your business together.

However, I put most of the blame on the gurus. If they really cared that much about helping people making money online, they would not hold back anything.

How would you feel if you paid $35,000 to get a university degree, but the teacher never showed up, only taught you part of the stuff that was on the test, gave you one set of skills but graded you on skills you never even heard of?

Yeah, I understand that teaching people to make money online is a big business, but a real business doesn't pull "ENRON" type stunts on its people. They need to be professional and present themselves as professional.

A business who grooms another business should make their apprentices aware of that very thing. They should teach them to research their niche. Teach them that they are no longer in employee mode. Teach them to think long-term and meticulously. To be aware of short cuts in the system, pitfalls they could fall into and what is considered spam. Many newbies end up spamming and not know it because NOBODY taught them how not to spam. So Newbies end up learning the wrong way and the hard way.

And gurus have the nerve to say, "Well, you shoulda known better."

You know how they say it all goes back to parenting? Well, I say in internet marketing, it all goes back to teaching.

Yeah. You're gonna get that lazy student. You're gonna get that drop out who can't handle that first big cost. You're gonna get the person who doesn't get traffic after the first week and then go ballistic and call it all a scam. They exist.

But the rest of the people out there are ready and willing, and gurus need to hold up their end of the bargain.
  11. seeyalater72

seeyalater72 New Member

Most people getting into a home business have no idea how much time and effort it really takes to succeed. They have been mislead into believing their computer or some system will do all the work for them. It cracks me up everytime I see an ad saying "turn your computer into a cash machine" or "our system does all the work for you". Some systems may make the work easier but no system generates money for you with no effort on your part.
  12. unselfishbuddy

unselfishbuddy New Member

Lack of action and strategy... that's what cause home business failure. People lack the knowledge on how to promote their website/products. Here's another thing. After getting all the effective information/resources, people tend to NOT implement the ideas and just let these resources stay on the shelf due to lack of time or they just don't have enough dedication towards their home business. This is a major problem that needs to be resolved in order to avoid failure in home business.
  13. morellojoe

morellojoe New Member

If instant overnight wealth were possible then of course everybody would be doing it. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. Get rich quick? Get scammed quick.

Internet marketing is no different to any other job in that you must be prepared to put the time and effort in to reap the rewards. In the long run it's well worth it.
  14. sjames23

sjames23 New Member

I agree with you. No matter what opportunity you are involved in YOU MUST bring targeted traffic to that website day in and day out in order to succeed.
  15. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

Guru didn't lies, they do put in their effort and time to develop the system. The system itself will do the selling. All you need to do is to advertise and bring visitors to your sites. That is all the simple task that you will need to do.
  16. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

Yes, right~

Many companies just share one of thier strategy to paid memebers!

We paid to get only a few strategy that we can apply for internet

But, [​IMG] Think about us, we want see results first, before putting

serious efforts.!! I think there are many scam programs on online.

To avoid and choosing right internet marketing program is this,

* Research first before purchase them(Look on forums, feedback.)

- Don't be fallen when you look on Affiliate websites..

- Look on the posts or feedback from previous experinced people.

* Once you choose a program you stick with them.

- Most people tend to try others or fasinated by other programs
    while they are working on a affiliate programs.
    Once, you choose, just stick with them, and put serious time and
    efforts.!! You will be all right[​IMG]

* Don't give up

- Giving up because you don't get much results then what they
    are promoting to.... What they are advertising you is the best
    possible result you may have!! not quick, and overnight results!

- Be patinent Keep working hard, someday without notice,
    You will touch some $$$$$$ unless you give it up.[​IMG]

- Think, you are investing your time, But still not spending money

I hope this helps you guys

HAPPY DAY~^^[​IMG]
  17. healthguy

healthguy New Member

Success is determined by how hard you work at it, and that all there is too it!!!
  18. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

You won't get the point that Affiliate programs shows to you on

their website quick!!

That is the best results you will get..[​IMG]

They are showing off( Making $500 without finger fliping)

Let's say, You make 1.$50 for your entire month,

2.Work twice harder than first month

3. Twice Harder than second month

4. After 6 months You will be working 64 times
    harder than first month.

5. Make it year plan, and see what's making
    Years from now. and keep going year after

* There is nothing easy to earn whether offline or online.
    If there is someone say easy, it' mostly SCAMS.

Work consistant will be paid out for sure!

Happ day~^^[​IMG]