Why Don't You Like MLM?

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by Matt Zenittini, Sep 11, 2010.

1. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Matt Zenittini: I don't really ever say much. But I will say I'm 20 years old with an organization of several hundred people and I am able to work full time from home.
    Good for you! I kinda thought you were pretty young - I must say you are on of the nicest young 20 year olds I have met so far.[​IMG] (besides my own kids. lol)

You seem to have your head on straight.[​IMG]

My hat is off to you, man!
  2. Matt Zenittini

Matt Zenittini Silver Member

mountainmom5: Good for you! I kinda thought you were pretty young - I must say you are on of the nicest young 20 year olds I have met so far. (besides my own kids. lol)

You seem to have your head on straight.

My hat is off to you, man!

Thanks M5 =].

I did get started with MLM when I was just turning 17. I didn't really start seeing success until I was 19.

Thank you for the compliment!
  3. mtran2000

mtran2000 New Member

MLM sounds simple and would be if you could build matrix with just 2 and help them get 2 and they help their 2 get 2 and everyone use same method down the line. People would start making some money fairly soon and cover their monthly product cost or get close to it and then stick with it.

The real problem is most people do not like to sell and even just getting 2 is selling and people try it and get shot down and they drop out quickly.

The other real problem is most MLM products are not special enough to keep members buying if they aren't making any money.

Now if there would be super products, good payout plan and solid, duplicatable marketing plan, success would sure be easier.

Mark
  4. Matt Zenittini

mtran2000: MLM sounds simple and would be if you could build matrix with just 2 and help them get 2 and they help their 2 get 2 and everyone use same method down the line. People would start making some money fairly soon and cover their monthly product cost or get close to it and then stick with it.

The real problem is most people do not like to sell and even just getting 2 is selling and people try it and get shot down and they drop out quickly.

The other real problem is most MLM products are not special enough to keep members buying if they aren't making any money.

Now if there would be super products, good payout plan and solid, duplicatable marketing plan, success would sure be easier.

Mark
    There is one thing I can think of that solves all of this.

A person who has a good enough WHY.

There are MANY MANY people out there that NEED this. That have different but very strong reasons for doing this. People who won't quit and will get 2 like minded people.

In my eyes.. Getting 2 people is EASY... Getting 15 people is EASY.. Getting however many people I want is EASY..

The reason why is I believe in the product. I can tell friends and family about the product.. I can network with people and be proud about the business.. I can market the product and the business separately online.

It's all about promotion =].

For the most part people don't need to get into the marketing aspect.. Because in reality they are doing their family members a disservice by not telling them about the product.

It's all about finding like minded people that make it happen in my mind.

Matt
  5. Interesting subject,

No doubt, there will always be pros and cons in any business, but MLM has the most in my experience which were listed above, so I won't repeat them.

I have researched them all, and have started traditional businesses as well as affiliate MLM's, and yes, they work, but only if the distributors work, and most don't, hence, why so many fail in MLM.

When I hear that these pH water machines sell themselves, I cringe, very few things sell themselves, and when I can produce all the alkaline water I want for pennies, why would I want to spend thousands? This is one of the biggest problems in MLM, over hyped and overpriced is typical reason why most fail, selling the dream only goes so far.

Success to all,
  6. EMiller

EMiller New Member

FREEBUSINESSES
    I suppose you cringe because of your healthy skepticism concerning my statement that they sell themselves.

When a person who had suffered for years with fibromyalgia including severe leg pain found total relief of all of her fibromyalgia symptoms after 24 days of trying free water she bought the machine.

Another woman who suffered for over 20 years with leg and back arthritic pain was able to straighten her back without pain after 11 days and insisted on buying the machine against my advice she wait another two weeks. Now her renal failure from years of prescribed ibuprofen is reversing and her doctor took her off her cholesterol medicine.

Not all ionizers are the same, period; and over the life of this machine, the cost is much less than what most people spend on bottled water. Without this MLM these and many other folks who need the machine would never have found it.

I respect the intent of your comment regarding over hyped or overpriced products but they are misplaced with regard to this medical device. This machine has been the answer to many prayers, not a dream or fantasy.

As Mark above is looking for, this is a super product with a great payout plan, and the marketing plan is solid and duplicatable.

Best Regards
  7. Interesting,

Sorry, but Kangen is not a medical device, nor does it produce anything more than alkaline pH adjusted water through the same ionization process all similar machines use. Although I agree with the benefits of proper pH for good health, I can achieve the same results for pennies in comparison, so that was my point, not that pH should be ignored.

All these machines have been overhyped for past few years, and for good reason, they do not sell themselves, sorry, but almost nothing does, that was my point. I have tested them all in my quest to learn all I could about proper pH benefits, even met with Dr. Young back in 2003 who wrote the book on pH, so if you can sell Kagen, great, I wish you well, but I can't knowing what I do, so good luck.

Wealth Without Health is Worthless,
  8. EMiller

EMiller New Member

FREEBUSINESSES

Great tagline, can I use it?

No apologies necessary and I am impressed with your PH knowledge. I have Dr. Young's book and I am very familiar with him. Though I have not met him, my sister was under his consultation and owned an ionization machine he recommended when she lost her battle with renal cancer. Another sister now has that machine but she now gets her water from my father who owns the Enagic machine.

We will have to disagree about the comparative effectiveness of the machines and our first hand knowledge will have to suffice for us both. Having tested them all is a very comprehensive and difficult to swallow claim given the number of knock offs out there.

Nevertheless, Enagic is certified and licensed by Japanese regulators to manufacture and market these medical devices. No other manufacturer has such. http://www.enagic.com/technology_certificates.php

I guess I still failed at my point as well, the machine sells itself by the results it provides. Not by my or anyone else' hype.

Sorry for the thread drift folks, lesson....you must be passionate about your product in order to be successful in any MLM.
  9. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

I hate to bust bubbles, but people don't fail in mlm because they don't like to sell.

They don't fell because they don't have the latest greatest gizmo, gadget

And they Don't fail because there isn't some duplicatable marketing strategy.

These are the facts, and they are proven in the history of the long standing existence of mlm, since the birth of Amway.

All those reasons given for people failing in mlm have all been thoroughly addressed in this industry so the suggestion that such is an excuse for a lack of success is not correct and supported by history.

First what is failing in mlm? Failing is not getting to the point where that opportunity gives you the financial flexibility or freedom that you sought that was shared in the presentation that got you excited to join.

People join a business to make money, unless that is not why they are joining, such as a supposed wholesale price. I don't understand why people think anything else. People in business to make money find themselves lost in product when they don't really make money to justify, why they should keep doing something in business that isn't profitable.

Network marketing has made popular some of the greatest, and not so great products, over the years and people still fail to succeed.

Network marketing has produced training that dwarfs many top corporate companies sales training, thus again, that ain't the reason.

A) People fail because they mentally don't know how to prepare and maintain the mind to manifest success. We live in a society that conditions you, the average and ordinary person, to be a slave to a job, and all your "friends" and family simply reinforce this and therefore unless you take on a different thinking you cannot think outside of the sphere of your own intellect to rise above being a slave.

B) People have failed to generate significant monthly residual income in mlm on a grand scale because the typical networking companies have compensation plans that rival moving up the ladder in corporate America. They demand that the average and ordinary person establish a team that would fill a basketball arena in order to get some significant degree of financial flexibility and freedom, not to mention earning a high 4-5 figure monthly income.

Many people that have dedicated years to their company, often have a team but no significant monthly income that would even give them the option of quitting their job.

How the heck can a person succeed working a compensation plan that is by nature designed to work against them as they give their all, or send them on a marathon race that most will burn out while pursuing success. Mountains of qualifications, promotions and sales volumes, along with recruiting; and the recruits having to be come additional super heros of the business in order for you, the individual to succeed.

Most people simple do not know how to size up the probability of a compensation plan to determine success. They get fixated on Possibility, and possibility only makes a few money. Just like the Lotto.

Sorry product is the hoodwink trick that has manifest massive failure. Simple look at all those that were in "x" business with that greatest product and see the continued failures.

MLM Training is a plenty, like ocean water, to heck with your upline, you could practically learn how to be successful in network marketing buy reading the plethora of content on this and many other forums. The internet is a life saver, so that not an excuse worth a penny these days.

However, you can't make a company have a winning compensation plan that works truly for the average and ordinary person to succeed and the company. Just like you can't make a person edify their mind to where they want success as bad as they want to breath, and thus there is but one option....

Give Me Success...or Give Me Death...Get Rich, or Die Trying!

"Whatever maybe said in praise of poverty, it is not possible to live a complete and successful life, unless one is rich." -- Wallace D. Wattles, The Science of Getting Rich
  10. EMiller: Nevertheless, Enagic is certified and licensed by Japanese regulators to manufacture and market these medical devices. No other manufacturer has such. http://www.enagic.com/technology_certificates.php
    Interesting,

Medical device in Norway, sorry, that won't fly in U.S. with FDA, but hey, it looks good to those not educated on what defines a medical device. This again falls in the category of hype as I see it.

11. EMiller

EMiller New Member

FREEBUSINESSES

Well according to WHO's ranking of health systems, Japan is 10 and Norway 11 while the U.S. is 37. http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.html

Maybe we can learn something. The fact is over a hundred Japanese hospitals use commercial versions of the Enagic Kangen water ionization machines for many medical applications. Not hype, fact.

Likewise, the elimination of my acid reflux, my father's arthritis pain, my mother-in-law's knee pain, my son's allergies is not hype. No need for hype here. Anyway, as I mentioned, there is obviously no convincing you given your experience with over hyped inferior products.

Best Regards,
  12. FreeCashMan

Are you guys really arguing about Water, who's is greater and is it worth the price.

The price of good water, however you do it is worth it. People can make their own bread, but they don't, but some do.

The reason for the water solution to problems is probably because of that fact that most people are dehydrated and without sufficient water in the body. See the the water cure: www.watercure2.org, or www.watercure.org.

The other fact is that Oxygen is a nature killer of a mass of diseases, and if you drink H20 (oxygen) sufficiently you will KILL alot of ILLS, and prevent a lot of ills.

Water and Sea Salt and most people are dropping the Dr. bills and pills.

As to selling a water machine mlm, hey great, if it makes you money gives you some financial freedom, then cool. Whether or not someone can do, what they are NOT doing has nothing to do with what people can sell if people are willing to buy. Value is in the eye of the beholder.

One can easily say something is over priced, but then if they get a few on their team and essentially get it free, then it's would be priced just right! [​IMG]

Loving network marketing for how it truly can empower the individual to have financial freedom
  13. EMiller: Well according to WHO's ranking of health systems, Japan is 10 and Norway 11 while the U.S. is 37. http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.html
    I am not promoting U.S. health system, it is a disaster and FDA is about a worthless of all gov. regulators, I am just stating the fact that ionizers are not a medical devices no matter what Japan or Norway may say.

14. EMiller

EMiller New Member

FREEBUSINESSES: I am not promoting U.S. health system, it is a disaster and FDA is about a worthless of all gov. regulators,
    We are definitely on the same page here.

Best Regards,
  15. Matt Zenittini

Anyone looking to get into MLM or that is ALREADY in a MLM.

Take notes [​IMG]!

This thread has very valuable feedback from real people. Big companies pay money for this stuff..

It's yours free. Read and take notes =].

Matt
  16. FreeCashMan

17. FLP_Mom

FLP_Mom New Member

i am with mtran. It is a great topic and your thoughts and posts make it interesting to read.

Thanks for the helpful insight
  18. yahia

yahia Member

Just got another reason to dislike MLM:

When my upline start selling other opportunities to me, and at the same time want me to keep working on the current one.
  19. yahia

yahia Member

FreeCashMan: The other fact is that Oxygen is a nature killer of a mass of diseases, and if you drink H20 (oxygen) sufficiently you will KILL alot of ILLS, and prevent a lot of ills.
    Sorry for the interruption, but as far as I remember our bodies do not generate Oxygen from water. We, humans, don't have photosystems II and I that plants use to split H2O into hydrogen and radical Oxygen.

The only source of oxygen for our bodies is our lungs.
  20. jjs5618

jjs5618 New Member

mtran2000
    Hello just a thought, what if the product of a mlm was the same brand name groceries that you already buy to live