Why I never used the Coastal Synergy Group System

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by jnapier, Jul 13, 2007.

1. jnapier

jnapier New Member

From the day that the Coastal Synergy Group teamed up with E2Impact, I was at a loss for words.

You see, at the time I lived in the country and high speed internet was not an option. So, while others were watching the movie...I had nothing.

I've been an internet based network marketing pioneer, so I know what works and what doesn't. The first CLUE I got was that everyone had to watch the movie and then opt into further information.....so, if you talked to Peggy today....she watched the movie, but didn't fill out the lead capture - you were left thinking she'd not done anything - WHICH CREATES MORE WORK.

The next CLUE I had was that people don't want to be spoon fed info. They want it all and they want it now ( that could be a great song). So, a page with all the information made more sense.

Now - How do I find out who's serious and who's curious?? Toll Free Voice Mail with call notification. So, when Peggy calls to get the information - I know she's serious. When Don doesn't - I can take him off my list.

The CSG system is not designed for success, it's designed to be Eye Candy - That's it. It "Looks" great - but it's really not successful. You can tell this because now there seems to be a seperation taking place withing the CSG. There are now Groups within the Group....Why? Because people are seeking information about what works and what doesn't work.

Jay NaPier
    Level 3 Director/ Master Trainer
    Coastal Vacations
  2. rhondap

rhondap New Member

I totally agree with you about the MAC system I saw it and used it when I was looking at Coastal last year. It was just that - it looked great!!!!!!!!!

I hated, hated, hated the Global Theatre they do nothing like a live Q&A call can do for a prospect and to pay so much extra just to have all the bells and whistles was outrageous!!!!!

Rhonda
  3. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: rhondapI totally agree with you about the MAC system I saw it and used it when I was looking at Coastal last year. It was just that - it looked great!!!!!!!!!

I hated, hated, hated the Global Theatre they do nothing like a live Q&A call can do for a prospect and to pay so much extra just to have all the bells and whistles was outrageous!!!!!

Hi Rhonda,

Yes, the Global Theatre System was designed to give visual and auditory information about Coastal. They were doing OK with it, but a few months back converted to a 4 picture, white background presentation with canned testimonials.

It's not worth the $65 to upgrade to it. The CSG University is a training sales system. They bring in someone to do a presentation and then sell training programs and audio cds.

It's ALL about Money! I did make 7 sales last year because of it, but quit promoting it when they changed the schedule for their q and a calls to REQUIRE more members to sign up for the global. The conference calls are more effective.

Jay NaPier
  4. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Quoting: jnapierIt's ALL about Money! I did make 7 sales last year because of it, but quit promoting it when they changed the schedule for their q and a calls to REQUIRE more members to sign up for the global. The conference calls are more effective.

Yes I noticed that as well...... [​IMG]

Sad very sad.....

Rhonda
  5. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

I was very entrenched in the CSG. I was actually part of the CSG Leadership for 16 months. I was there when they created the Global Theater. Now to be honest it wass a great idea. If everyone could use the technology it would be perfect. The idea was genius. Unfortunately it didnt work for everyone. God forbid you have dial-up. Again the idea was a good one it just wasnt practical. Now as many people are not having the success they desired they have had to branch off into other things. Products to market , coaching, and unfortunately higher and higher prices. They in my opinion have overpriced themselves. The CSG MAC professional edition is $149.95 a month. Thats expensive. Especially when there are systems like Vacation Power that are about $20 a month. Thats a big difference.

Another issue has been all the activation fees added to get started. If you are a new business owner with limited cash how can you compete? You cant.

Also there are way and I mean way too many calls and trainings. It doesnt give people a time to actually run their business. Everyone would rather hear a leader train them or make calls then make calls themselves. That is really unfortunate. The leaders are successful as they made calls, not just listen to other.

This is a "doing" business. You have to do something. Whether its get in front of people or call them on the phone. You have to do something. If you do it long enough you get good and make money.

The CSG was a great idea but something got lost along the way. For that reason I made my decision to move away from them. Unfortunately the break wasnt as friendly as it should be and alot of hard feeling linger. I will say I wish them the best and anyone using their system the best. I will have to say I made a great living when I was part of them but I make an even better living after them as now my team is successful as well. And with a team believe me your income will skyrocket.

Adam
  6. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Oh about the calls. I truly believe that was a mistake. I used to host one of the live calls each week and omg were they powerful. I know for a fact I closed hundreds of deals on those calls for the group. Over and over again people say they heard the story of The A-Team and used it to close a deal. Getting out of that format wasnt a good idea but I guess with the CSG University coming down the pipe they had to get everyone ready.

It seems its all about the CSG MAC system and its money making capacity.

Adam
  7. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Adam brought up some great points. The Global had alot of tech issues. I never had them, but many guest had them. When you have issues with technology you can only help if you know how. And most people are not going to tell you there was an issue.

TOO MUCH TRAINING.....Oh yes, remember ANY business is about activity. ALL the successful teams have training, BUT not near as much, redundant trainings as CSG. If your a part-timer you don't have time to work your business AND attend the trainings.

The primary reason I left the CSG had to do with the costs and the direction they are taking their business. It appears that they are going to convert to selling mortgage systems for $3500.

Adam mentioned the $99 activation fee for the system. That's Pure Profit. And frankly, that was the beginning of my discust for the group and the way they are doing things now.

Jay NaPier
    Coastal Vacations
  8. This is a great string . I am so happy to say that Aviva and I have switched over from the Mac system. We have used the COA system now for two months and are just loving it. Its clear and consise giving people the information and not so much Fluff. Best of all its now paid for. With only 3 signups they wave the cost of all of my COA system and that is truly helpful to anyone just starting out in business. As I read in an earlier post "The CSG has become a selling machine"
    I could not agree more with that. I can now bring people into my business and have their systems paid for very quickly. I am able to sign up people under my team members.
    So it truly is Win Win
    So often we find that the people who fail in this business are those who simply run out of funds.
    Our system is now free. We've done the same with our leads and are now able to get people up and running AND in profit right away.

Sean Keely
    Level 3 Director
    FTV Super Elite Distributor
    Expect Your Success Marketing
  9. leadervisions

leadervisions New Member

Hello everyone,
    I have been doing coastal vacations since May 11 and with the CSG system and I have only made one sale. I have been researching a better way to get the information out, I do not like the go to the the global and see this and that movie. Jay is right the people want the information now. [​IMG]
    I am new at this but I know there is a better way..
    Thanks to this forum and all those who are nice and tell the truth.
  10. CSGLeader

CSGLeader New Member

I am just amazed and completely disappointed that former members of the CSG posting here are doing what they are doing.

Guys - it's fine if the CSG model doesn't fit for you, but you are supposed to be leaders in your industry - and what you are doing here is being just completely immature and vicious.

Noboby likes to hang out with whiners and complainers. And that is all you are contributing to the marketplace with these intentional strings of bad mouthing and smearing.

The CSG model may not work for you, and that's fine. But with close to 500 people at our annual event in Vegas, it's kinda hard to deny the momentum we have and the fact that people want the personal development environment we offer and create.

I wish you all the best in whatever you decide to do. I respect each of you as fellow leaders in Coastal Vacations.

Please do us all a favor - Just let it go...
  11. SAS78

SAS78 New Member

I can totally resonate with many of the issues that have been raised in this post. I am currently associated with CSG and I am also still working my full time J.O.B. My hope is that one day I will be able to earn enough in Coastal to support myself so I can quit my f/t J.O.B. My initial goal was to be able to do that in 6 months, however after now working my Coastal business for 1 month I am thinking that I need to adjust my timelines and goals.

I initially thought I would have 15 hours/week to dedicate to my Coastal business. Get home from work around 6 p.m. and work from 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. Mon, Wed, Thurs, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. Tues, and 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. Sat. I realized that there was some major flaws in my scheduling in that I have not left time for ANYTHING ELSE let alone making and eating dinner! Then there are all of the CSG training calls and other presentations. I think that it is all great informaiton, but it is scheduled for those who are working this business full-time! Sure there are things scheduled at night, but if night is the only time that you have to actively work your business then you're not left with much choice as to what to do, something has to go! Of course there are the late night calls, again though I do need to get a good night's sleep so I can wake up in the morning somewhat refreshed to go to my J.O.B.

Lastly, the costs are killing me!! I think the CSG Mac system is great, it's costing me a small fortune though and I know that once I start to make some sales and build my team I'll be fine, what until then though??

Anyways, I suppose I am looking for the light at the end of the tunnel through all of this venting....
  12. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: SAS78I suppose I am looking for the light at the end of the tunnel through all of this venting....

Hi Stephanie,

I appreciate what you've said and this ALL makes sense. As a business owner I've ALWAYS had 1 rule. It's all about Profits and we control the profits. Someone who has invested $40,000 over a year should make at least $40,000.

The think I saw most was people who had too many choices. Anyone who trains knows that you CAN'T give too much too soon. I didn't learn everything about Coastal in a day - I tool it in small pieces.

We get paid to talk to people and the CSG training program does not allow for both talking to people and training.

Jay NaPier
  13. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

CSGLeader,

We all appreciate your post but just because 500 people came to an event does not change anything that has been said about the CSG. Many of the people that post here have had experiences with the CSG that have led them to say what they are saying. I for one was very entrenched in the CSG as I was once one of their board members and served with you on their board. I respect you as a person and business owner but we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. We wish you the best in your endeavors but to be honest its time the real deal comes to light. The CSG has a culture in my opinion of nickel and diming their members. Successful leaders like you and myself can handle the extra charges and such but a new person trying to get off the ground will be hard pressed to keep up. I just think they have overpriced themselves in this market and I think the upcoming months will show this to be a major mistake on their part. For that reason I have severed ties with them and see alot of others doing the same. Again I wish you the best with the CSG as I have many friends there. I just cannot stomach bringing new members to an organization I feel cares more for its leaders profit than about its members. Business is business but when your philosphy is all of us need each or us and you dont follow that I cannot be a party to them anymore.

Adam
  14. goldmills

goldmills New Member

When CSG first moved over to the MAC, I said to my friends....

She's pretty, but she cannot dance.

People also have the right to run their business so it is a profit model business, give the CSG some proper props....

They are making millions selling tools and have learned well how to "monetize" a membership site.

Although, at other members expenses.

I don't think people like Jay and others liked it that they new members got pitched all the time, and he had no control over that.

But ya, it is an expensive system, and many do like it, while many also choose to move on and join other coastal systems and groups which are more of a match for what people are looking for.

Jeff
  15. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: CSGLeaderI am just amazed and completely disappointed that former members of the CSG posting here are doing what they are doing.

Guys - it's fine if the CSG model doesn't fit for you, but you are supposed to be leaders in your industry - and what you are doing here is being just completely immature and vicious.

Noboby likes to hang out with whiners and complainers. And that is all you are contributing to the marketplace with these intentional strings of bad mouthing and smearing.

The CSG model may not work for you, and that's fine. But with close to 500 people at our annual event in Vegas, it's kinda hard to deny the momentum we have and the fact that people want the personal development environment we offer and create.

I wish you all the best in whatever you decide to do. I respect each of you as fellow leaders in Coastal Vacations.

Thanks for sharing your opinion Leader, but you and all the CSG Leadership KNOW it doesn't work. That's why MANY CSG Leaders NOW follow my lead and are doing some of the things that put me at 5-13 personal sales a week and on the Double High Five Club
    ( and I might add that you've had 0 people on the double high five club list in the last 2 month - that's only 10 memberships. Thanks for putting that one together, it's exposing your lack of success. I truely thought there were more people in the CSG making incomes like mine).

What your calling whining and complaining is really EXPOSING the Truths about the CSG. On the CSG calls people will praise everything...same at an event. We all know that many of your Leadership Team were not making money with Coastal when you invited them. Today, it's a buddy, buddy club...hey, I tell it like it is. You've done well getting people to work for FREE!!

As for the 500 people in Las Vegas - I had 2 tickets and didn't go. I helped a former CSG member sell 6 tickets. 500 people at an event does not make for a Successful Group - It make MONEY for the people who put on the event. The information must be applyable and MUST WORK. I happen to know that the person who'd putting together alot of your "eye candy" fundraising and business to business brochures doesn't even do fundraising or B2B.

I wish you the best in all that you do, no hard feelings I have alot of respect for all the groups within Coastal, but the CSG - has totally lost my respect.

Jay NaPier
    Coastal Vacations
  16. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Jay,

Share your secrets/tips to 5-13 sales per week. [​IMG]

Rhonda
  17. CSGLeader

CSGLeader New Member

Well Guys - just as I expected, some (not all - thanks Adam) of the responses to my post here are irresponsible and vicious.

Jay - let's see - you were successful in bringing over 10 people in one month into the CSG system - at the current pricing...

Thanks for pointing that out. It shows that you were able to sell people on a system that obviously people like and want - knowing the cost. It's too bad that one month later you were trashing the system that brought you 10 sales - what does that do for your team members that just got started? If you brought 10 people into the system - then what's the problem? Are you saying you can't duplicate that with your own team? That just shows your lack of integrity.

I am glad that I contributed to this post, as I believe 100% in the CSG team & system.

It's too bad that the people here posting have had personal experiences that have made them bitter and angry. It's kinda like the scam posts that we read where people aren't successful or have a bad experience with a director or what not, and then go out and put scam posts all over the internet. It means nothing about the system or the opportunity - but everything to do with the person.

Most readers understand that when people start whining and complaining - it just reflects that person's perspective and usually means they just need to blame a system, or a person, rather than take responsibility and focus on their part in whatever situation they've created.

There are always two sides to every story. Most intelligent people know that. You've all got your perspective - and you have every right to have it. But realize it is YOUR perspective and it doesn't mean that every person in the CSG feels or SHOULD feel the way you do.

We all choose to create our reality and contribute to our world by what we think, feel, and do. And if we are experiencing a negative situation, well, we know if we are proponents of the SECRET that every situation we experience - we are 100% responsible for creating it. We are 100% responsible for attracting to us whatever we are experiencing.

Again, I respectfully challenge the intentions of these posts. And I really do feel that what people want from you as leaders is to focus on yourselves, focus on prosperity, abundance, your new chosen paths, and contribute to the overall good of all Coastal Vacations reps.

It is proven time and time again that when the elections come around and the political leaders degenerate to strictly focusing on negative campaigning, it completely turns off the voters.

And usually the negative energy given to the opponent merely adds momentum for the other side. The people are completely turned off by the negativity and everything said after that point just makes the voters question the overall character and integrity of the leaders.

So, I will not and can not continue to waste my time in here with such negativity. You can count on me NOT continuing to participate here again. I'll leave you all to fester...

Good luck with that!

I'm glad to have said my peace...

Best of luck to you...
  18. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: CSGLeaderJay - let's see - you were successful in bringing over 10 people in one month into the CSG system - at the current pricing...

Thanks for pointing that out. It shows that you were able to sell people on a system that obviously people like and want - knowing the cost. It's too bad that one month later you were trashing the system that brought you 10 sales - what does that do for your team members that just got started? If you brought 10 people into the system - then what's the problem? Are you saying you can't duplicate that with your own team? That just shows your lack of integrity.

Thanks for bringing this up Carol Ann,

First off, AGAIN....From Day 1, I've NEVER used the CSG System as the CSG has trained it's people to use it. I used pieces of the system and my team was trained on how to use the pieces I recommended, so as for the integrity punch....Sorry, but you've been knocked out!! @%&8?

You might also remember that there was not a $99 activation fee for the MAC system when it was launch and only after a year was it put in place. I did voice my opinion to the csg co-founders, but it was obvious they were not listening.

My team members are converting over to the Official Coastal Vacations System and Contact Talk. I've also got a few other things in the works to Kick their marketing up a knotch or two.

We could go on and on. I appreciate your opinion, but the fact of the matter is that the CSG is the most expensive system and is NO LONGER the best system for Coastal - Especially when you consider that Yahoo emails are no longer delivered - Yet another candle for the cake!! And yea, I know there's a fix, but that SHOULD be in the hands of E2Impact, not the subscribers.

People want to know EVERYTHING they can about Coastal. That's why people are happily discussing Coastal here. When a group holds back information - they are making business decisions for independent business people.

LIKE THAT OFFICIAL COASTAL VACATIONS TRAINING IN NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE ON SEPTEMBER 7TH AND 8TH.

Thanks for sharing you idea of what "The Secret" is all about, BUT I'd like to also share that the CSG has attracted these and other responses with the way they run their business. Yea, they've got people who are happy with the system - BUT, do they REALLY know what's going on??

I know for a fact that SEVERAL CSG Leaders are working on their exit strategy. I even heard that YOU were not so happy with being on the CSG Leadership....got that from someone with a similar name...ring any bells??

Jay NaPier
    Coastal Vacations.

P.S. - Everyone, should plan to attend the Nashville, Tennessee Official Coastal Vacations event. There's a new tool coming our way that will allow you to more easily share Coastal with new prospects. AND Pat Mesiti, Australia's version of Tony Robbins will be speaking....I've seen him TWICE this year....you DO NOT want to miss it!!!!
  19. Judy

Judy New Member

It's sad that CSG Leader feels she can't post in this forum because people keep knocking the system down. I'm sure there are some good points about it or there wouldn't be so many success stories coming out of there.
    However there are also success stories coming from the WCYS system and the fact that we can sell the memberships on our own as well as use the call center is great. We do make more profit when we sell it on our own, however not all of us have that opportunity as I find that a lot of people using WCYS as their sole system have full-time jobs. So we have the people at the call center do it for us and I think they are very good as they sold it to me!

Anyways, the point I wanted to make was I for one welcome any Coastal Directors to post here if they can find the time with ideas that have worked for them, trip testimonials and encouragement for us new folks. This forum is what keeps me going in this business as I, like so many joined under a director who I feel is not there to encourage me.

Judy
  20. CSGLeader

CSGLeader New Member

Thanks for your supportive contribution to the post. I appreciate it. It's not that I feel I can't post here - its simply that I choose not to engage in mudslinging and/or creating rumours about other teams, systems, or groups.

I just came in here to say my peace, and that's it.

But thanks for coming in and changing the direction of this thread.
    I'm sure that your leadership in being a positive contribution to the Coastal Vacations marketplace will serve you quite well no matter what team you are with.