Why Some Pleople Like Blogging and Some Prefer Article Writing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by HiAchiever, Jan 27, 2011.

1. tkyles1009

tkyles1009 Member

I have to admit after reading this article I'm really a lot more interested in creating my own blog. I'm very familiar with article marketing and it's benefits but not so much with blogging.

Thanks
  2. Jacq1292

Jacq1292 Member

It takes a LOT of articles to really generate traffic. I am just not that interested or disciplined to write, write, write, write. It is a very effective method, so I'm going to try to push myself to do more. Time versus money. If I have some extra, I'll go the paid route. I would not recommend GoArticles (though they are among the top 10). Check through stats for most articles and you will see generally less than 10, or 5, views for most articles up to a year old. I thought 36 views was horrible until I took a look. Even on the #1 site, EzineArticles, I saw that a popular article was "stolen" and spread all over the web - so I got no credit :-( Fortunately, everyone isn't a thief, but that potential always exists online. EzineArticles gives great stats so you know how your articles perform.
  3. amicof

amicof Member

I think it's important to combine both. It's actually easy. If you use wordpress to blog, you can download the Ezinearticles.com plugin that allowas you to post directly on their site!
  4. amicof

amicof Member

I know...I'm the same. The pay off, however is huge. It's always better than working all your life for a company that doesn't care for you! If you start making money, then you can always outsource article writing. Then the growth is esponential.
  5. Jane Crisanto

Jane Crisanto New Member

I have a big interest on how to write my own article, but I am not sure how to start. Have you heard about this MLM site Chatching.com? I saw this site and they said it is approved by SEC. I am looking forward to learn more about article writing.
  6. Jane Crisanto

Jane Crisanto New Member

Thanks for writing this helpful tips regarding article writing or creating my own blogs. Have you heard about this mlm Chatching.com? They said it is approve by SEC, and I am looking forward to learn more about this multi level marketing so I could enhance more on my writing skills.
  7. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

I like both, I have a great blog on my website, but I also write articles. One more thing that doesn't get mentioned often is press releases. I post two a day and it gets me a lot of traffic. I direct people to my blog and my website that way and it is totally non obtrusive. I recommend all three though as on any given day one may outshine the others!
  8. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Here is the main advantage of creating your own blog (or website) over article directories:

Whether you are using a blog or article directory, in both cases, you are creating an article. The difference, assuming you are hosting your own bog, is that with blogs, you can control a lot more of the content. For instance, have you ever submitted an article that was rejected by an article directory? A lot of articles have rules and regulations about what you can and can't post. With your own blog or website, you have freedom to do whatever you want.

Above and beyond that, article directories only allow you to promote yourself in the "resource box" of your article. Using your own blog or website allows you to post your links on any part of the page. Additionally, with article directories, you are competing with THEIR advertisements, usually AdSense. The Ad blocks are usually placed in such a way that the reader will click on the ads before they even get a chance to see a link to your website at the bottom of the article.

Article directories can offer back links and in some cases traffic, but if you can optimize your own content to get search good engine rankings, you are going to be much more profitable in the long run if that content is used exclusively on your blog or website, rather than an article directory.
  9. Cristi Doncea

Cristi Doncea New Member

You can't post the same article in different articles directories, i've tried. That's a shame, i still need to write for every directory an article.
  10. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

I write articles and I have two blogs. The blog on my website is world class and gets visits from all around the world everyday. I use the second blog to drive traffic to the one on my site. I also write two press releases everyday, it's a lot like writing articles but there are differences. All of these things get me traffic and I don't think I really have a favorite method.
  11. It is correct that if you write articles and post them to different article directories, chances of getting traffic is high as you can easily leverage the content you wrote since you can spin and have different variations of the articles. However, you will now have issues with the quality of your articles as we all know that spun versions are hard to understand especially if you are using a software to spin them.

I would still go for blogging since it doesn't have to be formal. All I need is to make sure that I'm giving good information to my readers. I will use social networking sites then to drive traffic for my blog.
  12. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

Article writing can get you a lot of traffic, I don't recommend spinning. It takes minutes to write a new article and as we all know content is king. Fresh content will get you noticed and pushing traffic will get you noticed more.