Why you people don't want to get your income only from Internet?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by manas1, Feb 5, 2012.

1. manas1 New Member

Just interested. I know that a waiter in the US makes about $1500-$2000 a month. You can earn with your blog, focus groups etc about that and I know that not all of people have a higher degree(so they work as waiters, shop consultants etc), so why don't you want to eat from Internet, at least those of you without a diploma?
    I lived on about $1800 a month in Illinois for a whole year and I was eating only from restraunts(IHOP, McDonalds, Subway, Papa John's etc)(which are expensive) and my apartment for three month was about $1000 a month and then $500 a month(which is expensive again). I also was buying clothes at malls(not Walmart).At that time I was stupid and wasted my money. But it was a pretty expensive life, pretty comfortable and tasty life. After that I've cut my expenses more than in a half(still being in need of a room for rent), but still I was eating a lot of stuff from bananas and olives to ice-cream and cookies. And it was again a good life. Americans can get a lot of money from Internet, then why don't you live on it, instead making it your "extra" income?
  2. happywife Gold Member

I think most people DO want to make enough money from their internet marketing efforts to live on it, but it's not something that most people can do quickly. It takes time to build an online business, just like it does an offline business.

It took me 3 years to earn enough to live on quite comfortably. After 2 years I was making enough to live on a very strict budget, but still was pleased with my progress.

Everyone progresses at different speeds depending on how much time they have to devote to their online efforts and what methods and tools they use, as well as the niche they choose, and many other variables, too.

All in all, though, I think everyone, American or otherwise, would be quite pleased to make enough online to live off of, even if they start out with just earning a little "extra" income. [IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie
  3. robinincarolina Silver Member

The Internet supports me completely! My finance can actually quit his job if I would let him. [IMG]
  4. talfighel Silver Member

Wanting something badly is NOT enough.

You need to find a good mentor who is doing well and can really show you his or her techniques. The sad part is that not every "GURU" out there teaches their real strategies for online success. I have seen many of them.

For so many people, they want to make a decent income within a few weeks. Many want to see results in a matter of a few days. Then when they don't see any, they quit and then tell everyone else that it is IMPOSSIBLE to make it online.

I know some TOP and successful marketers online who are making a killing on the web but yet it took some of them YEARS to master.

It took me 5 long years and THOUSANDS of dollars that I spent on credit cards.

For anyone who is new or struggling, I totally recommend you find a good MLM company online and stick with it until you make an OK income and your team is duplicating.

Then you can find another program and rinse and repeat. BUT never work with different programs at the same time. Work with one.
  5. dothistoday New Member

Absolutely, I now make more money from home than I ever did working a job full time. However, I learned the hard way that fast money is not always good. Usually, it either disappears or you end of benefiting from the loss of others...which is something I personally could not live with.

The key is building something you can be proud of and that you can rely on. I for one, would rather spend a few years building a solid residual income...than working 30 years to make someone else rich : )
  6. mountainmom5 Gold Member

I have heard that even though you are making several grand a month from the internet, you should never totally depend on that, but keep something going offline as well, and when the last Google Panda happened, I realized what they were talking about.

Your internet income can get drastically cut overnight by some changes that Google or anything you depend on for income online, may make.

Just don't have all your eggs in one basket! [IMG]

I personally like to have something else going offline, where I can interact with people as it gets boring to just do internet stuff for money! [IMG]
  7. talfighel Silver Member

dothistoday: I now make more money from home than I ever did working a job full time. However, I learned the hard way that fast money is not always good.
    And that is one of the reasons why many people FAIL to generate real income online and even offline with network marketing. They want FAST money NOW.
  8. dann New Member

When you just work at home you're usually interacting less so this is a factor .

Also it takes more research to work at home, as well as more self motivation. Some people don't have the drive for it.

Many people want to, but are just dreamers in this way. some people may even prefer it to be just an extra source of income. The latter sounds more balanced, IMO.