Will buying google Adwords create profit for you Adsense?

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by just4funoutlet, Nov 14, 2008.

1. just4funoutlet

just4funoutlet New Member

I am doing pretty well without adwords, but I'm wondering if it could increase my adsense profits. I don't currently advertise but I'm getting a lot of traffic based on my content. Please let me know if adwords have worked for you. Thank you.
  2. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Depends on the PPC for the keywords, if it is high, it is more risky
  3. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

From what I understand, if your website has Adsense, you aren't allowed to use Adwords (or any other PPC venue) to get traffic to it for the SOLE PURPOSE of getting clicks for Adsense (this technique is known as arbitrage). Having said that, generally speaking, you would probably be wasting your money anyway, since Adwords clicks are generally more expansive to pay for than the Adsense clicks you would generate. In short, you would most likely lose money and possibly get banned by Google...
  4. Claire

Claire New Member

It's totally okay to advertise your website with adwords even though you have adsense on the page. You're advertising the content, not the adsense.
    The strategy that can be used is to use a low cost PPC advertiser, not Google, or use less expensive keywords.
    Your site uses high paying keywords--that's why you make good money with Adsense, so you've got that part down.
    Now just use cheaper advertisers and cheaper keywords to advertise.
  5. CopynProfit

CopynProfit New Member

You will not make any money doing that, please do the math.
  6. samda

samda Member

Adwords will work. But if you try to advertise your adwords website to drive traffic you may not end up in profit all the time. I did this a couple of year and went into loss.

Based on my experience, this is not a good one to try.
  7. wahl2008

wahl2008 New Member

Hi just4funoutlet,

If you think about it, it's impossible to to make money from AdSense by advertising with Adwords on a content site.

Think about it. The AdSense ads on your site are directly related to your content. Where does the money come from that pays you for AdSense? From advertisers using AdWords of course!

So if your site is about work at home jobs, the AdSense ads will naturally advertise accordingly. If you use AdWords, you'll want to advertise a work at home jobs related ad, of course. The best that you can hope for is that you'll see your own AdWords ad on your own site [​IMG]

You'll pay, for example, $0.50 per click with AdWords, and you'll make $0.05 per click from Adsense. That just doesn't make any adsense [​IMG]

If what you are suggesting were possible, just think about what would happen to Google. Put a dollar in and get 2 out? They'd be done in a week.

As far as what getagrip was saying about not being allowed to use AdWords if you use AdSense, you can use both. I ran a free campaign with AdWords that we've discussed here on the forum, and I have a content site with AdSense ads. Reference the threads if you like.

Google AdWords?
    How much is too much?
    Here Is How I Spent My $30 AdWords Credit

I've tested free advertising on my site with Google, Yahoo and Bidvertiser. Bidvertiser gave me the best result by far, but clearly I need to stay away from PPC with a primarily content only site.

[Affiliate link removed - Admin]