Work at Home Forum is for sale!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Vishal P. Rao, Oct 2, 2014.

1. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

As with everything on the internet, it is in constant flux and with Google attacks in last few years which has hurt many sites and the battle with SEO to keep your sites on top of organic search engines, it is a full time plus job to keep on top of search results and each time Google makes a change, the effort compounds to an almost impossible task, so I can understand why someone would want to sell.

The future is never an absolute, so who knows what will happen with forums like this in search engine results. As we all know, if you don't come up in top organic search results for specific targeted key words, you are lost and traffic will plunge. I too have seen this trend hit my websites, and as frustrating as it is to see your traffic plunge, it runs in cycles as I have learned. Been on top of Goolge for years, knocked off by penquin and panda, but was able to recover top position with weeks of SEO work, so I feel your frustrations.

I wish you well, and if I had more time would consider owning another forum. Had one going strong a decade ago and let it go as it was just too much of a drain on time management. This was back when Google ads worked well, but like all things on the internet, it too died as more and more people will not click on paid to click ads knowing most are nothing more than fly by night get rich quick ads. Most experienced internet users will only click on organic search results now, and if not, everyone soon will. Once revenues drop, obviously it forces a decision, so hopefulle someone who have been here for a long time can appreciate the quality of members here.

Success to all,

Vishal P. Rao and payment proof like this.
  2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Luckily, even though when my online ventures were doing well, I was always wary of the uncertainties of the online world and hence never really relied totally on them for my living. I always had this feeling that this is not for ever; so is everything in life. And to be frank, I was tired of this whole SEO thing. I believe in creating something unique, for which there is market, and for which I do not have to struggle to market it.

Marketing is required only when you don't have something unique to sell. Of course, little bit is required initially, but that should not form a major part of your life. Else, it will take out all the juice from your life and make you lethargic.

Creativity is the essence of life and we all have it in us to create/possess something unique that people will flock to you for. Once you discover that, it's an awesome feeling. You'll taste what is abundance and you no longer have to run after it.

Fortunately, by the grace of god, I seem to have discovered it and am pursuing just that now.

3. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Good news! Google was stuck at 37,200 index entries for 6 months until you fixed it.
    In the two weeks since the sitemap was fixed it has risen by 200 entries to 37,400.
    It also has updated the latest posts to reflect recent activity instead of looking dead.
    Funny how such a little thing can make a huge difference in search engine ranking.
    Now that Google and Bing know it's alive & well,
    WAHF could shoot back up to the Top 20(k).

paulms and Vishal P. Rao like this.
  4. Vishal P. Rao

5. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Yes, I discovered the same thing when working SEO, you can't overlook anything, especially the obvious. Also, never shut down a thread, just one post can boost it in organic search results all over again, never mind the ones that are already ranking for specific key words, keep all threads open, there is no reason to shut them down, they will live or die on their own.

Success to all,

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
    Just2EZ likes this.
  6. Sorry to hear that you are selling. This is a very nice forum, hopefully the new owners will take good care of it.

7. paulms

paulms New Member

Wow, I just came back to the forum and discovered this thread. Glad that you've found a new path, though, Vishal.

8. annadenise

annadenise Active Member

I have not been around for more than a few months due to personal issues with family. I am so sad to see that Vishal is selling this forum. I participate in a few forums and this one has always been my favorite. People also get along much better here than on some forums. Best of luck to you, Vishal in whatever you do.

9. drknlvly6781

drknlvly6781 Active Member

You got to it before I did Anna....I wanted to know how goes the sale anyway? I will miss Vishal as well...this is one of the first forums I joined when I first became interested in marketing and working from home...I only come around periodically but still will miss Vishal's posts on a future go round...

Vishal P. Rao likes this.
  10. Vishal P. Rao

Looks like a divorce is not on the cards soon... I guess I'm married to this forum for life :)

11. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Vishal,

A lot of us here think this is awesome. :)

I've been here for about 8 years and this is still a great forum! So many other forums have come and gone.

drknlvly6781 and Just2EZ like this.
  12. Lisa R. Morin

Lisa R. Morin New Member

I hoping this will stay open for a while, sorry didn't post before.