Work at home jobs

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Vishal P. Rao, Feb 13, 2006.

1. tanz27

tanz27 New Member

Vishal P. Rao
    Hi Vishal

I am an HR Manager with 4 years of relevant experience, but because I am on a dependent VISA, i cannot work full time here in U.S.Could you please suggest FREE legitimate WAH job sites. Would truly appreciate.

Tanz
  2. marcromero

marcromero New Member

For those of you in the USA just wanted to let you know that my mother in law has worked for live ops(one of the jobs in the list) and has made some decent money. I introduced it to her after I decided not to follow thru with it. I joined for a while but just got bored of being on the phone, but for those of you who have more patience I'm sure you can do well with it. You wont get rich off of this but you can make a decent income....once you get used to it. like with anything there will be a learning curve. There is also advancments you can take advantage of. Instead of taking calls now my mother in law is doing some kind of data entry for them.
  3. marcromero

marcromero New Member

By the way I'm not sure if live ops is available to othe countries but its worth checking into. if you dont have time to look into it, let me know and I'd be glad to do so and post results here.
  4. marcromero

marcromero New Member

Ok Just found this on the Live ops site

Q: Do I have to be a legal resident of the United States?
    A: Yes.
  5. harrisonsmith

harrisonsmith New Member

Interesting links shared by you vishal.Some of the links are suitable for me.So i will see it. [​IMG]
    Thanks.
  6. Starchild

Starchild New Member

UntroddenRd

I just thought this was important to post. A must read for want to be home assembly workers. I personaly have never done it, but probably because I read this. Good luck out there.
    http://www.friendsinbusiness.com/scams/assembly.shtml[/url]

Also, someone should go up against mturk. As you know, they have workers from almost everywhere, but if you do not have an american bank account, you end up being paid in amazon.com gift certificate money....i mean,
    isnt there a law that says if you work, you should get paid in money should you choose? I dont know peoples,
    help me look that sh*t up!!
  7. Angelesrosa

Angelesrosa New Member

Vishal P. Rao
    I tried all of these business after researching them. You need to have previous experience to do these jobs. I applied for all of them and was turned down by all of them. I've taken computer classes, I have customer service experience and more of the things they ask for, but because I have not worked at a call center before they will not hire me. I wasted alot of time on this and have nothing to show for. [​IMG]
  8. BusyBee23

BusyBee23 New Member

Vishal P. Rao
    But it is very hard to get hired by some of these companies. I've had 15+ years in customer service, passed all of the online testing for Alpine Access and LiveOps and still didn't get hired. Any advice?
  9. syxx

syxx New Member

I've added adsense and infolinks to my blog and have been making a little extra money with it, however not very much. Anyone have some other recommended programs similar to these that may pay more, or it it that my content is just not high paying? I do post fresh content every day or so, and post updates to our facebook/twitter page for our main business, which is growing and growing everyday. I've started submitting updates to social bookmarking sites such as reddit, digg, stumbleupon (though reddit is really the only one i get noticeable traffic from, anyone have this experience?)
  10. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

syxx, with your sites I would monetize them with products your readers want.
    Like the fishing apparel ad you have now except add rods/reels/baits, etc.
    Not to overwhelm your audience, just enough eye candy to whet their appetite.
    A few banner ads here and there is not going to offend anyone these days.
    If you don't have your own items to sell, then Share-a-Sale or Commission Junction
    should have some name brands you can represent for a percentage.
    Usually about 20% but better than Amazon or eBay in most cases.
    Nickels and dimes per click versus dollars per sale.
    You can even have tour and hotel ads for your visitors.
    Those can be real healthy commissions.
    10% on a $200 hotel room or tour.
    Really, really, depends on your audience's habits.
    If clicking ads is their habit then stick to adsense.
    I think reading about fishing is their habit. Books?
    So many ways to monetize a website.
  11. Paige

Paige New Member

I have been searching and searching for a work at home opportunity for several years now. I work full time form 8-4pm daily. I am interested in something that I can do a couple nights a week and primarily on weekends. I have tried the surveys at home, I have tried the posting links for companies at home and various others. The survey opportunities seemedto be good fit, but most of them took way to long to complete. Is there truly anything legitimate that doesn't require major money invesment. I deal with people all day, so I am not so much interested in customer service agents from home. I love to be on the computer......what is really out there that is not a scam. I have been scammed several times, but have been fortunate enough to recoup my losses. Does anyone have any ideas.

Paige
  12. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Paige,

Have you considered building a website about something that you are interested in or know about? It doesn't make you instant money, but if you work on it a couple of nights per week, you can definitely make some long term money that will continue to grow as the years pass.

I, too, tried the surveys and posting links, etc., when I first started a little over 4 years ago. I realized I was getting nowhere with that and found an free affiliate marketing course that explained about how to build an online income by building a theme based website around a hobby or passion.

I decided to give it a try and began my chocolate site. Best decision I made as far as online marketing was concerned. I now have a few sites and am doing really well.

It's not get rich quick at all. It takes a lot of effort up-front, but it's effort that is focused and follows a specific plan for long term success, and well worth it.

(flemingstuart - this post would apply equally to you.)

Hope this helps.
    Blessings,
    Angie
  13. bhuff85

bhuff85 New Member

Angelesrosa: I tried all of these business after researching them. You need to have previous experience to do these jobs. I applied for all of them and was turned down by all of them. I've taken computer classes, I have customer service experience and more of the things they ask for, but because I have not worked at a call center before they will not hire me. I wasted alot of time on this and have nothing to show for.
    Angela - what other jobs have you applied for? I've known people with either no to minimal call center experience and they've gotten jobs (WestAtHome is one place I know of that hired one of my friends with little experience). My advice is to keep on trucking and keep your head up. You'll get there!
  14. Ruth Rotem

Ruth Rotem New Member

HELP !! I want to work (type, transcribe, write, rewrite, proofread, etc.) and get paid for productivity. I do not think I would do well at sales after years of working at administrative/personal assistant positions and office management. I can't seem to get past the scams and those who just want my cc details. Can anyone help, direct, advise or even instruct me on how to proceed? Many thanks.
  15. lilwallace92

lilwallace92 New Member

It is extremely hard these days to find any legitimate data entry jobs, typing jobs and things like that. And the few jobs that are legitimate either pay very poorly (20 cents per task), or the companies don't send out jobs very frequently because of how many users they have hired. What i strongly suggest doing is taking paid online surveys. Its fast, fun, and you get paid for getting your voice heard. Most companies will send you a check in the mail or through PayPal. This job is great for anyone. feel free to visit my site to get the details.
  16. kspitse62

kspitse62 New Member

happywife: Have you considered building a website about something that you are interested in or know about? It doesn't make you instant money, but if you work on it a couple of nights per week, you can definitely make some long term money that will continue to grow as the years pass.

I, too, tried the surveys and posting links, etc., when I first started a little over 4 years ago. I realized I was getting nowhere with that and found an free affiliate marketing course that explained about how to build an online income by building a theme based website around a hobby or passion.

I decided to give it a try and began my chocolate site. Best decision I made as far as online marketing was concerned. I now have a few sites and am doing really well.

It's not get rich quick at all. It takes a lot of effort up-front, but it's effort that is focused and follows a specific plan for long term success, and well worth it.
    Angie,
    I started about 5-6 years ago the same way, trying surveys and other stuff. I just finished an affiliate marketing course and I think I am finally on my way. I like your idea about designing the site around a hobby or passion. I do cross-stitch in my spare time, so maybe I will do some research in that niche and see what I find.

Thanks for the tips. And I really liked your personal website.
  17. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Karen,

Sounds like a good idea. I love cross-stitch too. I haven't done much since I started my websites (they've become my new hobby).

Thanks for the kind words about my personal site. The poor thing is sad and neglected. I simply MUST make some time for it. My other sites seem to be the squeaky wheels at the moment. [​IMG]

If you are going to build a site, I can't recommend anything higher than SBI to ensure you do it right. Let me know if I can be of help along the way.

Blessings,
    Angie
  18. carl

carl New Member

Paige,

I feel your pain. I've been scammed many times, too. (We probably all have).

But, sooner or later, you WILL find something that will change your life if you keep trying.
  19. ohmygosh

ohmygosh New Member

Hello Vishal,

I live in Canada am really in need a home job. Can you kindly guide me to website that are reliable and really will earn $? I been scam before but really forgotten the company name cos this been more than a year before I know your forum. I am definitely willing to contribute lot of times to do this and don't believe in 'working an hour a day and get $$$$. Thanks so much.
  20. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

ohmygosh: I live in Canada am really in need a home job.
    You have to first decide whether you need a home job or a home business opportunity. Both are poles apart and many mistake them to be same. A home job enables you to work from home just like you would at a day job and get a fixed salary. A home business opportunity doesn't have a fixed salary and your income is directly proportional to the effort you put into your business.

What I have provided in this thread is a small list of companies that enables people to work from home and pay a fixed salary. This is not a comprehensive list and there are not many companies that offer work from home positions. If you work for an existing company, and have a good reputation, you can try negotiating if they can offer you a work from home position. This is the easiest way to get a work from home job.

Regarding business opportunities, spend time in this forum, read member's posts, see if they offer value, visit their signature and I'm sure you'll find an opportunity to your liking.