Work at home jobs

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Vishal P. Rao, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Jgibbs88 New Member

Anyone here work for west at home or one of the other phone ops jobs? Do you need previous experience to work for them?
  2. lildlege New Member

jGIBBS,
    Go to workplacelikehome.com sign up for free to the forum and you can read all about these jobs. They are legit. I have been a member there since last year and they too are very helpful and the jobs are very legit. Go check out the forum and they will give you all the information needed. Hope this helps.
    Debbie
  3. pcwork New Member

West at home is a legit company , many agents post their experience at work at home forums
  4. robertlaf New Member

I just joined West. It is a great company I think. First you take an honesty quiz, personality profile thing. Pass that and you take a recorded call interview. Pass that you give them your SS # and authorize a background check. Then you take basic certification test after studying the certification material. I studied it for about 8 hours and passed. It wasn't real hard. Some could do it in less time.
    I can start work as soon as I pass the company's certification I will be taking orders for. I have 10 days to do that and if I pass background check as I have some minor misdemeanors from 15 years ago .
    The great part about West is the flexibility in your schedule. You work a minimum # of hours to stay active and you can pretty much pick and choose hours and add hours.
  5. lildlege New Member

IF I may ask, what is prepaidlegal. What is involved. I graduated paralegel school a long time ago and was wondering if this was something I should look into. Any information or a link to the website would be gretly appreciated.
    email at:[email protected]
    Thanks
    Debbie
  6. robertlaf New Member

Prepaid legal I sell also along with loss mitigation I will be selling soon.
    Prepaid legal is a great company, none better, though PPL may not be for you. A person who you sell signs up for $10 fee and monthly fees range from $17-$27 and they get beneifts of prepaid legal like free will, protectcon if they are sued, and 25% off lawyer fees among other things. . You get paid per sign up and it is MLM though you could make it without recruiting. They have selling seminars everywhere with unbelievable support. I let my website run out but just google prepaid legal. I think the $49 start up fee to sell is back.
    It's hard work it on the streets but if you promoted it via internet I have no idea how much you could make. I am trying to find that out. Having experience in legal matters won't help that much really. It's about selling, they are pros at that. PPL has never raised their fees in over 30 years too.
    You also sell identitiy theft protection for $9.95 too.
  7. myspacefortunes New Member

My mom is getting ready to retire early next year but would really like to start doing something from home. She is not savvy enough for an internet marketing position but actually was looking into something that paid hourly or was a book keeping position. She does accounting tasks now so do you know of any positions or sites I can direct her to that are legitimate?

Thanks in advance

Holly
  8. mistydawn128 New Member

Quoting: skeeter531
    Hello All- I am a nurse of 18 years- would like to begin working at home- I have an interveiw with Convergys to begin work at home- has anyone worked for Convergys? Can any one give me any advise-------Thanks

I worked at home for Convergy's until a couple of weeks ago [IMG] It's a great job and I was making more than $9 per hour. You do have to be able to go into the center once per week though, so it isn't entirely at home. I would have stayed with them, but the Convergy's up here is switching from DirecTV (their client that supports at home) to Comcast... I'm doing the in center comcast for now, but am on here trying to find a replacement that I can do at home.
  9. Kmontez34 New Member

I am a DR agent for West. Very legit. I've made enough spare money to take my kids on our first family vacation this summer!
    Easy money, and great for single moms who cannot leave the house to work a 2nd job!
  10. thang New Member

Guys its really interesting when you all talk about it....its been a long time i have been looking for home base work...but till now i cant get the home basis work....please can anyone advice me who to get job like typing any paper work or anything related to transcription....because i am a transcription background living in Delhi......thanks
  11. talfighel Silver Member

When a company does not charge you a up front fee to join it as a "job", then you know that it could very well be a job.

Tal
  12. madnawat New Member

Yes At home customer care repewsentative is great work at home job for single moms, stay at home moms, guys who want to supplement their existing income, students(you must be at leat 18 years old), people with disabilities. This is avery legit job !
  13. navakanth_goud New Member

hai vishal i think ur well experinced in internet jobs...i am student doing my graduation in india .can u tell me any of the online jobs vich work in india.....
  14. pcwork New Member

There are many freelance writing positions available, but you need to have good English with correct grammar and spelling
  15. aaa New Member

Quoting: lildlegeIF I may ask, what is prepaidlegal.

There is a guy here at my work that sells this and tried to recruit me. It seems to be one of those pyramid schemes. My wife's office was asked to sell for them as part of their insurance agency and there were a couple of DVD's to watch that went right in the garbage.
  16. PeterB New Member

Sure, there are some affiliate programs out there where you can make some money.

Regarding NM, the question remains if you choose the right company with the right products.

No hype, not too pricy, not too much qualification costs.

Everything that says you make thousands in a few weeks is scam.

Regards, Peter
  17. pcwork New Member

Quoting: PeterBEverything that says you make thousands in a few weeks is scam.

Thats true, for most legit work at home jobs, you are lucky if you can make a thousand in a three to four weeks
  18. Casper New Member

What about opportunities from Australia do any of these sites cover Australia?.
  19. pcwork New Member

Quoting: CasperWhat about opportunities from Australia do any of these sites cover Australia?.

Freelance writing, online tutions can be done from any country
  20. PeterB New Member

Casper, Google "Australia MLM Info" and you'll find many sites worth a look

Regards, Peter