Work at home jobs

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Vishal P. Rao, Feb 13, 2006.

1. MedTranHome New Member

Dion Data is good for data entry. I heard they were hiring last week. They hire quickly and there are many people applying.

For general transcription, Ubiqus, Accutran Global, and Tigerfish are all good companies.
  2. gracebarb New Member

Would anybody know of any transcript jobs in Canada. I have 26 years experience as legal assistant
  3. MouthpiecePC New Member

Great, thanks for the links. Has anyone here worked for any of these home based businesses and made money. I guess I am trying to find something ligitamate because everything I have tried so far hasn't worked. Thankyou for the help in advance. [IMG]
  4. happywife Gold Member

I have made money from my sites I've built using SBI. I wouldn't keep using them to build more sites if it didn't work the first time. [IMG]

They are legitimate and a very good company. They tell you exactly how to build a successful home based business website, but they don't actually do it for you. You've got to have the persistence and patience to follow their advice and do the work.

It definitely works if you follow the instructions. [IMG]
    Hope that helps.
  5. mupegasus New Member

I live in Malaysia. Wondering the list is suitable for us here?
  6. happywife Gold Member

Hi mupegasus,

I don't know about the other opportunities listed, but I do know you can build a niche website from anywhere. SBI is a company based in Canada, but I live in Australia and still use them. I've met SBI web builders from all over the world.

Hope that helps! [IMG]
  7. robgriff New Member

does anyone know of any work at home jobs that doesnt consist of selling anything and doesnt cost a lot to sign up for. if so email me and let me know. email [email protected]
  8. mhmgs08 New Member

Thanks for your valuable information.
  9. zeropoint New Member

What's the advantage of using the SBI site as opposed to winging it on your own?
    Anybody know?
  10. happywife Gold Member

Quoting: zeropointWhat's the advantage of using the SBI site as opposed to winging it on your own?
    Anybody know?
    Winging it on your own may result in you having a lovely site that took you hours and hours to produce only to find you can't seem to get traffic. [IMG]

Why do I love SBI? Let me count the ways... [IMG]

I had no idea whatsoever how to build an website or online business. SBI took me step by step through the entire process from choosing a niche topic, researching the keywords, building the site block by block, submitting to the engines, building the backlinks, building a relationship with newsletters, etc., and finally monetizing the site.

They provide excellent written and video tutorials, software that does all the work, and they even automatically ping your blog, and submit your pages to the major engines every time you build new ones.

SBI also has a members only forum that is the best I've seen as far as people being willing and able to help you when you get stuck or want to do something outside the box.

I suppose I could go on and on, but I guess the main advantage of SBI is that it actually works! If I'm going to put time and effort into building an online business, I want to do it right the first time rather than wing it and hope it works. [IMG] $25 a month is a small price to pay for a proven business building system.

Angie
  11. zeropoint New Member

I asked this on a different thread but please explain how do YOU actually get money from building it via SBI? Pardon my ignorance,what might be apparent to you isn't to me.

You sell some product?
  12. zeropoint New Member

Wait a second "all about parasites" right?
  13. happywife Gold Member

Quoting: zeropointI asked this on a different thread but please explain how do YOU actually get money from building it via SBI? Pardon my ignorance,what might be apparent to you isn't to me.

You sell some product?

I'm sorry that I am not making it clear enough for you. I did try to explain this on another thread, but I'll try again here.

Building your site via SBI itself doesn't make you money. Building your site with SBI helps you get targeted traffic to your site - that is most people's biggest hurdle. You can't make money if you don't have visitors.

If you had a regular offline store, it wouldn't matter how great your products or services were if no one ever entered your shop doors.

Building a site with SBI is like building an offline business on a prominent main street that gets lots of traffic.

How you make money from that traffic is up to you. I have 3 different sites I'm building with SBI. I monetize (make money) in different ways from them.

With my chocolate site, I recommend other chocolate and candy making companies and earn a commission on sales generated. I also make money from the Google ads when people click on them. If you take a look at the site, it may help you to understand better.

With my newest site (all about parasites), I have only added one method of monetization so far. I recommend products from a network marketing company that I belong to.

When sales are made, I make a commission on the products for the first sale and every time that customer purchases again in the future whether they go through my site or not. If they decide to actually decide to promote the products themselves, I will also get a commission on any sales they make, etc.

I, personally, don't want to sell my own products yet do to my own circumstances, but you can do that if you choose to.

Does that make sense, now? I do hope so.
    Angie
  14. biggles New Member

What is SBI like? I personally use XsitePro for building my websites which I find a great tool - it automates a lot of the processes for you.
  15. zeropoint New Member

Quoting: happywifeBuilding your site via SBI itself doesn't make you money. Building your site with SBI helps you get targeted traffic to your site - that is most people's biggest hurdle. You can't make money if you don't have visitors.

Thankyou, this also was a problem with my "non-internet" business in that advertising costs where eating up all my profits and/or I had to price my services out of range of the competition,thus bankrupting myself.

Your answer was helpful thanks.Is this affiliate marketing , network marketing or called something else?
  16. happywife Gold Member

Quoting: zeropointYour answer was helpful thanks.Is this affiliate marketing , network marketing or called something else?
    As I described to you, you can use any form of marketing you like. I use affiliate marketing on one site and network marketing on another site. One site will have affiliate marketing, direct marketing, and network marketing.

How you decide to market is entirely up to you. They'll "talk" you through the different forms of marketing and how to implement them, but the main advantage of SBI in my opinion is that they provide you with the tools and knowledge to build a site that ranks well in the search engines and draws in free traffic.

Quoting: bigglesWhat is SBI like? I personally use XsitePro for building my websites which I find a great tool - it automates a lot of the processes for you.
    It's hard for me to compare SBI to XsitePro because I have no idea what all XsitePro offers.

SBI is is a package deal. It comes with your domain, hosting, web building tools and very 'user friendly' written and video tutorials.

You don't have to learn html if you don't want to. They have a "blockbuilder" that you can use (it's what I use) that is like filling out a form on a page. You put in the info. you want and they build the page with all the code around it.

You are also free to upload your own html (a lot of people do) if you have the experience to do that. Apparently, it isn't that difficult, but it was all 'Greek' to me when I was starting and now I'm used to the way I use the blockbuilder. Of course, I've learned a bit of html along the way, so I can add more cosmetic things to the site than I used to be able to do.

SBI also has an analyzer that checks each page for you before you send it live to be sure it is optimized correctly for the search engines. It tells you what you need to do to fix it if you haven't got it right. I love that feature. I think it is one of the secrets to their success.

Also, they have a very comprehensive brainstorming tool that makes your keyword research a breeze and enables you to find the most 'profitable' keywords in your niche as far as supply and demand are concerned.

They do automate a lot as well, with pinging your blog, automatically submitting to the search engines when a new page is built, implementing your auto responder, etc.

The amount of time and effort they save me is far more than the cost of the yearly subscription.

I guess you'll have to determine for yourself how it compares to XsitePro. [IMG] Hope that helps.
  17. desmoines50309 New Member

Just thought I'd chime in as some have wondered about legitimacy. I'm familiar with several of the companies listed, and yes they are legitimate. Hope this helps.
  18. jascls New Member

On the pre-paid legal. Its a mlm. There a lot of companies out there like that and some people make a lot of money at it. I sell tupperware and its also a mlm. On a talk show they asked Donald Trump if he had to start over how would he make his millions and he said mlm. If you are a good sales person you can too. I am looking for stay at home jobs and have found a lot of potential ones for me. I have been doing merchandising and mystery shopping for 4 years just part time. You can make money with those too. I like merchandising because it does get me out of the house but I don't have a boss hovering over me and it gives me a lot of flexability if anyone is interested in those kinds of jobs.
  19. Aryn New Member

I was just wondering if anyone around here knew how often these posted "jobs" hire. I have been applying to essentially every listed job over the past two weeks and have not heard, " Boo!" from a single one of them. I fill out questionairres. I take online tests. I send in resumes. So far nothing. Do these companies only hire those with previous tele-commute skills or something?
  20. pcwork New Member

Most companies hiring will contact after at least 3 to 4 weeks