work at home process cash payments for businesses question

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by walman, Feb 2, 2008.

1. walman

walman New Member

I've been getting a ton of unsolicited emails the past 3 months from a lot of different companies. They all say their company is in another country. They all basically say this: we need home based workers from different states to support our network of expansion in the US market. - Able to process payments for items we supply to our clients in the states. 1. Receive payment from our Clients. 2. Cash Payments at your Bank.
    3. Deduct 10% which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed. 4. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the offices
    You will be contacted to send payment to (Payment is to be forwarded either by Money Gram or Western Union Money Transfer). They give no contact ph # - they only say reply in the email giving them your personal name, ph# address and date of birth. Are these scams?

2. Casper

Casper New Member

I'd stay away from this if I were you because this is known as money laundering & you could end up with a criminal record & go too jail.

3. emmjay

emmjay New Member

If there is any problem whatsoever with the initial payment at your bank you will be held responsible for it.For example if the cheque should bounce your bank will hold you accountable.Stay away.There are plenty of legitimate business opportunities out there.Check out my signature link;the promo price ends at midnight today.

4. Homeboy

Homeboy New Member

Oh gosh, that sounds a bit iffy to me. Personally I prefer income streams that are quick, easy and as automated as possible. I use paypal for just about everything, it makes life so much easier, lol. I hate dealing with checks....

5. Marktech

Marktech Member

I've been getting similar emails - some from Nigeria - Big Red Flag! If theses scam artists are not just stealing your private info when you apply, then you are getting involved with money laundering. My guess is that they are stealing private info - but hey, that's just my guess.

6. pcwork

pcwork New Member

They are all payment processing scams and you could end up in jail.

7. CSGWAHM

CSGWAHM New Member

Stay far away from these. Like some posters above said, they're scams and you could end up in alot of trouble.

8. dkennedyaz

dkennedyaz New Member

The new scam that is out there now is from the government of Nigeria stating that they have $100,000.00 to issue to people that have been scammed by illegal email programs. It even suggests that you qualify if you think you may have been scammed. It's just another ploy to get you again. Imagine someone being taken for a sum of money on one of these scams, then receiving the new email, thinking that they are going to be reimbursed their losses, only to be ripped off again. The information that they ask for appears to not give too much information, but guess again. They can get your entire credit profile with just your name and address. They don't need your social security number to run you credit report. After they run your credit report they will be able to obtain your social security number along with everything else, mortgage info, car loans, credit card accounts, etc. Identity theft is easy. Don't make it easier for them.

I have over 30 years in credit & collections and security fraud.

Dennis