Work at Home: Scam Keyword Suggestion removed from Google Autocomplete

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by payment proof, Mar 31, 2011.

1. payment proof Member

Apparently, this just happened today. Google removed the scam keyword from Autocomplete (when you're typing in your search term and Google finishes it for you).

This could have some affect on work at home searches, especially for beginners.
  2. payment proof Member

3. onedumbaussie New Member

I've had 1 site in particular Just about die, It hasn't been delisted but it has been relegated to the backwaters.

Its not due to the "scam" keyword its in the kindle niche.

I've seo'd my butt off, Backlinked it to death to no avail.

It Just sits there Now and does pretty much nothing.

On the other hand I have had several sites Jump quite sharply, I heard there was a second google farmer update as many of googles big clients got slapped.

Who knows what they'll do next, Just keep variety and keep trying to improve content and users interacting with your site. I notice my low bouce rate sites grow faster and more steady.

Its all about good content.

Cheers

ODA
  4. payment proof Member

onedumbaussie: I've had 1 site in particular Just about die, It hasn't been delisted but it has been relegated to the backwaters.

Its not due to the "scam" keyword its in the kindle niche.

I've seo'd my butt off, Backlinked it to death to no avail.

It Just sits there Now and does pretty much nothing.

On the other hand I have had several sites Jump quite sharply, I heard there was a second google farmer update as many of googles big clients got slapped.
    Sorry to hear about that one site. But you were smart to have multiple sites and it's great that several of them jumped up in the rankings. I hope that makes up for the one that went down.
  5. abdncwithlj New Member

What does "SEO'ed" mean?
  6. happywife Gold Member

abdncwithlj: What does "SEO'ed" mean?
    Search Engine Optimized - basically just means that you have not only written good content for your visitors, but you have also done it in a way that the search engines will find appealing as well - chosen good keywords, used them in the right places on the page - linked back to the page with in context text links, etc.

Blessings,
    Angie
  7. Just2EZ Gold Member

happywife: abdncwithlj:
    What does "SEO'ed" mean?

Search Engine Optimized
    Also, a SiteMap.xml file is a crucial element in SEO indexing.
    Too many sites don't index themselves or update the index.
    You can generate one free on-line so there is no excuse, other than no pages.
  8. Rach72 New Member

Google is dancing all over the show at the moment - especially the free blog and article directories.

A couple of my Squidoo pages suddenly started making 3 sales a week [IMG]... and just as suddenly stopped again [IMG] and my EZA articles are bouncing around between page 1 and page 30 like basketballs.

My stand alone sites seem to be staying pretty steady though (phew)

I know that the content is good and that there is variety in the links so am not worried either way.

Rach
  9. payment proof Member

Rach72: Google is dancing all over the show at the moment - especially the free blog and article directories.
    Agreed. And Google has continued to make changes. A lot of sites that ranked really well no longer rank that well. Changes have hurt article sites for example.