Work, Study, Family, Friends, Health

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by Dimasalang, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Dimasalang

Dimasalang New Member

I need help on how will I be able to fit those four things that I have to do for 16 hours a day(8 hours sleeping time removed).

I work 8 hours
    I study for 6 hours
    2 hour break.

My work and studies are all done online.

My family don't recognize me anymore.

Help?

2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Recognize that it's not the amount of time you spend that matters, but the quality of time that yields the best results.

Break up the 14 hours you devote to work and study into smaller chunks of time, and make room for family, friends and health.

Success is empty without family, friends and health to enjoy and share it with.

Hermas

3. Matt Zenittini

Matt Zenittini Silver Member

A8ch: Break up the 14 hours you devote to work and study into smaller chunks of time, and make room for family, friends and health.

Excellent advice =]

4. residualcash

residualcash New Member

Don't sleep 8 hours a day, and all the above. There's a time for everything under the Sun and often that time involves getting less sleep so that you can sleep well on a great vacation you've worked for [​IMG]

5. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Yeah.. it's been awhile since I had 8 hours of sleep! But then that's not because I work online too much... it's because I have teenagers and a full life and I don't get to bed as early as I should. 6am comes around really fast!

6. ericsquest

ericsquest New Member

Excellent advice Hermas!

7. Teddy

Teddy New Member

You also need to have a life. I once worked my life away where my own dog barked at me as it didn't recognise me. Friends and family is important and can't be replaced.

Take the time to live [​IMG]

8. vemma

vemma New Member

I have done before 8 hours job and 4 hour school - it was really tough. I believe our goal and dream s what keeps us on going. Whatever you start takes time to develop and the main key is to stay plugged in. MLM is an amazing business of opportunities. Everyone can do business based on their personality

9. ryanbiddulph

ryanbiddulph New Member

A8ch: Recognize that it's not the amount of time you spend that matters, but the quality of time that yields the best results.
    Yes he's on the money. Have you ever read "The Science of Getting Rich" by Wallace Wattles? There are free copies online. It's short book but contains a world of wisdom. He states that getting rich - in mind, body, and spirit - is not the result of doing certain things but of doing things in a certain way.

Break up your chores and focus on each one. Seek to be efficient and remember that each act is important. The more successful you are with each act the less you have to do = more time for you.

10. writerros

writerros New Member

residualcash: Don't sleep 8 hours a day,
    I totally disagree with this. If you don't get enough sleep, you won't be able to function, and you will get even less done.

I agree with the other posts - the quality of time is important, and so is keeping your goals in mind and visualising what you will be able to do when you have achieved them.

You must always stop and smell the roses too [​IMG]

Ros

11. dslavinski

dslavinski New Member

i usually devote 6 hrs to my online business everyday and then take a walk out side for 30 min and then do consulting for 2 hours, I love my line of work though so.... and the good thing is, I get my work done before my wife gets home so i get to spend time with her in the evenings.

12. MickProvel

MickProvel New Member

Where do you work? A regular 9 to 5? Work on making a residual income and you'll definitely have more time to do what you want.. And let your family know that (if this is true), You are working for a better future.

13. reyeshane

reyeshane New Member

Do you study 6 hours everyday? If you feel like you are tired of spending all of your time at work or at studying and you feel like you can't think well, you should take some time to relax and unwind.

Catch some time for your families. Even if it's just a few minutes, as long as you can make them happy then go for it.

If you are not working at home, call them or join your family every meal. You can talk and catch up things while eating.

Hope these will help.

14. Cjoyce

Cjoyce New Member

Glad to see someone raise up this issue. I am aware of myself that many times I have gotten addicted and need to force myself to leave my desk and do anything else except sitting before computer.

I have to take a break after maybe 2 or 3 hours' working on computer otherwise my health would have a red light. After all what you can do if your health is a problem!

Also reminding myself: exercise regularly and go to bed when my brain can't function anymore! I am lucky because I don't work ( I just don't have one.) I don't think I can handle both internet business and work at the same time. It is rough!

15. HopeIsFree

HopeIsFree New Member

Dimasalang
    Hi Cjoyce, Relax! That's first.

Visualize. That's next. Where are you trying to go? When you get there, who will be there with you? Don't go where you're headed alone. Take your loved-ones with you.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Neither is your business. Re-chart your day. Make sure you get your proper rest and relaxation. That means time for having fun. That will keep you HEALTHY! And without health, you can't do much of anything.

Next, your study-time can be cut in half if you learn to speed-read. Use your finger, and "Pull out" the subjects and verbs from each line. You rarely need to read every word.

And finally, work 6 hours. Not 8! Of course, if you work for someone else, you don't have that choice. You HAVE to be at work for 8 hours. But if that's the case, you Definitely want to cut back on the study time and add more time for your family and yourself.

Make a "date" with your loved-ones and keep your date! That would be the most important appointment of the week.

Life is short. Enjoy it. [​IMG]

16. katereber

katereber New Member

Hi there,
    Do you also work on sunday? What I've known was sunday is family day.. You can spend your time during that day, give time to your family because for me family is most important in our life..