Worse Advice You've ever recieved

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by opendomain, Mar 20, 2008.

1. opendomain New Member

To Piggy Back gojade's idea:

"Fake it till you make it" - ...seriously, I was told this in an MLM recruitment/interview meeting. I asked the guy...so are you faking it or have you made it? ....He got awefully quite.
  2. dmitch31 New Member

opendomain: I asked the guy...so are you faking it or have you made it? ....He got awefully quite.
    LOL!!! I love that. I'll have to remember that response next time I hear someone say that.

Personally, some of the worst advice I see is people saying, "All you have to do is read free forums and you can learn just as much as you can from any educational program." What a crock. I mean, nothing against free forums, I think they are great, but they're no substitute for some quality training material.
  3. Morgana New Member

Worst advice... well, my upline, who was a close friend (at the time, and I should say "former" upline) was pretty nasty and insensitive, and if people were having problems or stuck, she would say, "oh - just get over yourself!"

hahaha - she had a lot of attrition in her business (if you can imagine!)

Cheers!

Morgana
  4. Marktech Member

Worst advice: Invest in the stock market.
  5. westfam11 Member

Worst advice:

Make a list of 100 people and talk to all of them about whatever you are marketing.

Becky
  6. JenniferF New Member

Worst advice - and from a relative.

"Just sign up, you don't have to do anything but wait for spillover and compression"

Sadly I was so green behind the ears, I didn't even know what he was talking about, so I did just what he advised, paid my monthly fee and waited for something I didn't know anything about to happen. Guess what, it didn't happen.

Even though I find this a bit embarrassing to admit.. it's rather funny now when I look back on it.
  7. ownyourlife New Member

Worst advice-Having to ask your friends and family to get started....
  8. opendomain New Member

ownyourlife: Worst advice-Having to ask your friends and family to get started....
    This is by and far the WORST advice anyone in an MLM can be given.
    Your family knows you best in alot of cases.

Sadly many MLM's promote this in the hopes that their member's reputation are so good they can simply work off of that. Unfortunately when the company goes south so does your reputation.
  9. VictoriaNTC Silver Member

The worst advice I ever received was from a well-known IM Guru:
    "Learn To Steal"..
    Meaning reverse engineering other people's businesses, stealing content and articles...
    Never!
    I mean we all have something to offer and if we focus or meditate we have Universal creativity via our Solar Plexus.
    And I totally understand the Universal Laws have a special way of taking care of these things...
    In the long run...we are way better off not stealing.
    Researching for ideas is fine..but re-arranging articles and copying add seems to be unethical. Besides, isn't it a great feeling to see your original writing being published on websites and ezines?
    Victoria[IMG]
  10. Freedom New Member

Worst advice-
    put your money in real estate. I did and collecting rent is harder than anything I have ever done.
  11. rglar6 New Member

Worst advice, start off by trying to sell to friends and family. Luckily I didn't take that advice. Its nonsense.
  12. kpm2319 New Member

Worst advice is to do business with friends or family. You could not only lose money but you could end up not speaking with someone you were once close to.
  13. jpolito830 New Member

rglar6: Worst advice, start off by trying to sell to friends and family. Luckily I didn't take that advice. Its nonsense.

I agree with you here...I received the same advice, and I find it hard to believe.