Write Out What You Plan To Do - Stick It to Your computer

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by ginasands, Jul 12, 2007.

1. ginasands New Member

I often get sidetracked from my daily advertising activities with forums and sending email and reading email. i set aside twenty minutes per day to take care of this.

After the twenty minutes I get back to my list. I read the Science of Getting Rich first thing in the morning and last thing at night, the short version.

I follow this rule "Whatever your action is to be, it is evident that you must act NOW, You cannot act in the past and it is essential to the clearness of your mental vision that you dismiss the past.
  2. pcwork New Member

What you say is true, if you skip daily advertising activities, it immediately reflects on your income
  3. talfighel Silver Member

You have got to set yourself with a schedule to do things.

That is how I do things.

Good info.

Tal
  4. sschech1 New Member

Sticky notes on the computer screen definitely help me!
  5. Solomonhuey New Member

I actually have 3 to-do lists, which is probably a bit much. I have split them into my daily schedule, business, and school. But my lists have made a tremendous difference and puts some sanity into my crazy life.

Some helpful hints for building your lists:

-SORT your list and decide what is most important
    -You don't have to schedule an exact time for everything
    -Set aside 30-60 mins to plan your week ahead
    -Anytime you think of something new you have to do, write it down so you don't forget about it later.
  6. cherie27 New Member

Quoting: ginasandsWhatever your action is to be, it is evident that you must act NOW, You cannot act in the past and it is essential to the clearness of your mental vision that you dismiss the past.

I agree with you.

I used to join programs whenever i think it is very profitable.
    But i didn't do the marketing of the programs well.

I lost some money.

Now i have set a daily plan for myself. To prevent myself to sidetrack again.
  7. jlyn12 New Member

The tip of writing something down whenever you think of it is a good one. I find that while I am working in my full-time job as a medical transcriptionist, I can often get an idea. I don't have time to do anything with it at that moment. I jot the idea down real quick so I can go back and look into it later when I do have the time. Bombarded with so many thoughts and tasks, not jotting it down could mean even a brilliant inspiration could be lost!
  8. Tybask New Member

I agree. Writing down your tasks everyday, and making sure every task is comleted before the day is over is very effective.
  9. A8ch Gold Member

While having a written plan is critical to any worthwhile venture,
    for it to be truly useful, it must be accompanied by commitment,
    discipline and action.

A plan on its own means nothing, until it is executed. And since
    getting started is usually the hardest part for most people, there
    needs to be commitment to help them get things rolling.

Next comes the need for discipline to follow the plan as
    outlined, and then, to accomplish your objectives you've got to
    put it into action.

Hermas
  10. tiagal New Member

I get side tracked easily. I make a list each morning and stick to that. Once I am done with my list, I can lighten up and it will be okay if I happen to get side tracked.

Valerie
  11. dmitch31 New Member

Just writing it down is the key. I wouldn't forgo putting it on your computer because I think that is a great idea. Another idea would be to put it on your bathroom mirror.

But getting back to the writing down part. Writing down your tasks makes you think and focus - something you might not do at all if you don't write things down.

We live in a word that tries to get us all to have attention deficit. There are so many things competing for our attention all the time. It definitely takes some practice to prevent from being distracted by all of these various things.
  12. knslms New Member

This is very true. This used to be a requirement at a former job I had as a district manager. It was called a business plan and you should do this daily or atleast weekly and stick to it, unless of an emergency in which case you should emmediatly rewrite your plan.
  13. arcade New Member

I just type out what my plans are and my goals, I'll even put a little picture next to it and set it as my backround. I find it kind of keeps you on the right track, when ever you minimize your window, you see your plans and goals. Constantly seeing your goals will make you strive 10x harder for them.

Arcade~
  14. scshuman New Member

arcade: I just type out what my plans are and my goals, I'll even put a little picture next to it and set it as my backround. I find it kind of keeps you on the right track, when ever you minimize your window, you see your plans and goals. Constantly seeing your goals will make you strive 10x harder for them.

I like the background idea.

So far, I just made a calendar and designated each day a task so I don't forget to do anything and also so I can utilize my time wisely. I just got started with my online business and there are a lot of little things you have to keep on top of. For example, chatting in forums.

I'm sure my schedule will change as I progress, but I needed a starting point.
  15. sheryll New Member

I have a check list next to my computer, when I complete something I check it off. It gives me a sense of accomplishment when I see all those checks [IMG]
  16. Phil Stones New Member

Yes checklists work for me too - and I too do emails and planning first thing - get calls out of the way and then list what is the most important and work down. Nice to spend 30 mins on the forums while I eat lunch and then it kind of makes you feel you're not alone!
  17. jpaman New Member

Checklists are great, but are you sure what is on your checklist is the most relevant to the success of your business? I wrote a list of the activities I do in my business that make me the most money. Then I make sure to do those things first thing in the morning before I do anything else.. Even before I check my email!!

If you do this your business will continue to grow each and
    every day.
  18. jschuman New Member

A daily to do list is good. But John Wooden once said, "don't mistake activity for achievement" and this is so true when it comes to making money online.

I like to think in terms of spending most of my time making offers and promoting my business. That seems to pay off for me.
  19. pincpassion New Member

It might be also useful to start off with simple plans or goals. Some put a lot of things to do in a day and never accomplishing half of it. That ruins momentum.