Writing articles drives traffic to your website!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by twnuck, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Dave B

Dave B New Member

Hi Noreen,

Certainly with Ezine, each article is approved by a human reviewer. It can take a while at first (several days) but you can get expert status with the first one. Once you have done 10 expert articles you can 'graduate' to platinum status and they are approved in hours.

There are some articles on article writing on my blog if you want to check those out.

Your journalism degree will stand you in good stead... so good luck!

Dave B
  2. Gap2007

Gap2007 New Member

I personnally fell that articles are the number one way to get free traffic.
  3. Dave B

Dave B New Member

Hi guys,

Here's the deal on Ezine articles and traffic.

You write your article and submit it to Ezine. (You'll need to read their TOS for the restrictions.) For example you can't put links in your article but you can put them in your bio. But even than it cannot be a link to a merchants sales page. It must link back to a website or blog you own.

A human editor reviews your article. Is he/she an expert on your topic? Who knows? They first look for breaches of their TOS. Then they 'review' the article itself.

I have always been given expert status. I'm sure you can.

Next, traffic. Your article links back to your website or blog (from the bio) so anyone reading your article might like what they see and click the link in the bio to your blog. (Tip: Give them a compelling reason to do so)

OK, so who is gonna see the article?

Well the users of Ezine will. Ezine also send articles out to people who subscribe for that service. So that's one source of traffic.

But the most important one comes from Google itself. See, Google love Ezine. Type some phrases in to Google and you'll see Ezines on the front page. So, that's where your traffic comes from.

How do you get on the front page?

You have to write a properly optimised article. I can't explain the technique here. There's stuff on my blog that will help more.

Dave B
  4. magnetize

magnetize New Member

Just to add to this discussion. I have just launched a site that is aimed to help those wanting to write to earn. The site has many tips and ideas of where you can get paid to write and is aimed at the newbie as well as the intermediate marketer. Check it out below. Any questions, drop me a bell.
    Monika [​IMG]
  5. WebFreak

WebFreak New Member

Ive always had great success with articles, but the time involved with writing them (especially when your focusing tightly on a specific niche and start running out of ideas) became a real pain in the backside!

My tip is to outsource! Ive found an excellent article writer who writes 10ish articles a week for me for about $80. Then I get them distributed.

The traffic generated is fantastic and pretty targeted!
  6. myspacefortunes

myspacefortunes New Member

Quoting: WebFreakIve always had great success with articles, but the time involved with writing them (especially when your focusing tightly on a specific niche and start running out of ideas) became a real pain in the backside!

My tip is to outsource! Ive found an excellent article writer who writes 10ish articles a week for me for about $80. Then I get them distributed.

How can i get in touch with your article writer??
  7. SunnyDuckDotCom

SunnyDuckDotCom New Member

I like the idea of article marketing with back links. One good article is a good way to generate traffic for sure.

If you outsource to a writer for 10 articles for $80, who retains all the rights to the article? Can the article writer sell those articles to other sites. That'd be a conflict of interest for you as the site owner.
  8. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Writing articles and submitting them to article directories is a great way to get free traffic. As long as you keep writing and distributing those article, you will get more and more free traffic.

To be honest, you won't get 1000's of hits a day but you will get a good amount.

I have written over 30 of them in the course of 3 years and getting an OK amount of traffic from this.

If you do a search from my name, Tal Fighel, you will see that it is true.

Tal
  9. Dave B

Dave B New Member

Something else you can try is a Squidoo Lens...

If you set them up correctly they can out rank an Ezine article in Google

Dave B
  10. justinack

justinack New Member

I have found the best way to use articles with directories is to submit them to only a few high traffic, high pr article directories and submit in bulk, more than one article at a time.

I also change the title and the resource box for each directory I submit too. I used to use article robot to post to hundreds of directories and google would slam my site back in the serps for a few days as a result so I stopped using it.
  11. headhuntersinc

headhuntersinc New Member

So no matter what you're selling post your articles in different catagories can help or will it hurt your site.

[Link removed - Admin]
  12. lindaj12

lindaj12 New Member

Quoting: WebFreakMy tip is to outsource! Ive found an excellent article writer who writes 10ish articles a week for me for about $80. Then I get them distributed.

Where would one go about finding such an article writer? I am working with a coach who wants me to write articles for my website (www.glinters.com). She is a professional blogger, so it's not a big deal for her. It is for me. I've never blogged, only just started posting to forums, and never got wordy answering essay questions in school. [​IMG]

Thanks for any info you can give me.
  13. jameszz

jameszz New Member

Articles are a great way to drive traffic, I have personally written about 80 articles on ezinearticles and got a lot of leads through that.
  14. Sean Byrne

Sean Byrne New Member

Without doubt! article marketing it the best free method for traffic generation and fantastic for gaining backlinks.. As someone said early... Its viral and a good article can spread like wild fire!
  15. Eddie58R

Eddie58R New Member

I just learned a few new article techniques that are getting me tons of traffic. Articles rock!
  16. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Quoting: Eddie58RI just learned a few new article techniques that are getting me tons of traffic. Articles rock!

How much traffic do you get daily from articles?
  17. hect1771

hect1771 New Member

I currently submit one good article weekly but i use the best article submitting program on the internet, the program is called "Unique Article Wizard" and it's awesome. If you want to be one of the very few people online who submits really good articles that get attention then look for that site.
  18. jschuman

jschuman New Member

Writing or hiring a writer to write is a great way to market. Article marketing via Submit Your Article and OnlyWire gives a great combination of article directories and social directories.
  19. agelbuzz

agelbuzz New Member

A bonus tip here for you:

You can consider twisting popular words in your title with a fun and compelling name using movie titles:

http://www.imdb.com

you will see a huge difference in generating article traffic...
  20. PeterB

PeterB New Member

Writing articles is a great and easy way to promote your message, and it cost you nothing (besides time of course).

Our favorite article sites are Ezinearticles.com and Goarticles.com

Easy and efficient!

Regards, Peter