You Guys Are Losing Money...

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by talfighel, Apr 11, 2010.

1. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Just wanted to make a quick post and let you guys and ladies who are in affiliate marketing that if you are only promoting a merchant's product without you collecting your visitors name and email for follow up, then you are losing money and probably lots of it.

if you are currently doing this, change it.

Make sure that you collect your visitors name and email address for follow up. Don't lose anymore money. Just do it and you will see your income grow.

That was my quick tip of the day.

Tal
  2. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Tal

If a visitor is being directed to an affiliate site to enter information, how are you you collecting the visitors name and email address?

Are you asking them to enter it twice? Once on your site and then again when they are directed to the affiliate's site?
  3. carterstory

carterstory New Member

Tal
    I agree this buisness is built on lists.. but how it'd be hard to have people opt in to a lead capture page then buy the product after the opt-in redicrct don't you think .. what about getting your affiliate program to share with you would that work better?
  4. mtran2000

mtran2000 New Member

Some people might consider it spam.

Mark
  5. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

payment proof: Tal

If a visitor is being directed to an affiliate site to enter information, how are you you collecting the visitors name and email address?

Are you asking them to enter it twice? Once on your site and then again when they are directed to the affiliate's site?
    You must develop your own optin page where you are able to follow up with your list. You want to be the first person, before sending your visitors to the merchant website, that collects the email and name.

Hope this helps.

Tal
  6. Matt Zenittini

Matt Zenittini Silver Member

The way I like to do this is provide useful information in the form of a blog.

From your blog you can review and link to affiliate programs.. Or make a blog specific to one program.

On your blog have lead captures but do not require it..

This does a few things:

Begins the relationship building process.
    Allows you to continue the relationship building process.
    Nobody gets mad or spammed.
    People who opt in truly want to read your emails.
    You will get more affiliate sales.
    You will get more interested subscribers.

Good Luck !.

Matt
  7. NewRich23

NewRich23 New Member

Will do...thanks for the tip
  8. pinoybloggers

pinoybloggers New Member

thanks for this tips tal..i agree with you. you need to build a list first.. [​IMG]
  9. wealthbuilders

wealthbuilders New Member

GetResponse is a great autoresponder to collect your prospects name phone email etc. You can set up auto email campaigns on a daily weekly or monthly basis...
  10. Julsy

Julsy New Member

I agree with Matt, a good percentage of people will go no further if they are required to give their name and e-mail, although it should definately be an option!
  11. RhondaHampton

RhondaHampton New Member

I\'ve read this thread and I think the posts numbers 2 and 3 ask some great questions that haven\'t been answered yet. What would be the best way to go about this exactly when you are trying to get someone to purchase a product?

Thanks,
    Rhonda
  12. I use Getrespone and have it as an option for people to sign up for my newsletter.

I know list building should be a number 1 priority, but I can't seem to get into that frame of mind.
  13. Matt Zenittini

Matt Zenittini Silver Member

RhondaHampton: I\'ve read this thread and I think the posts numbers 2 and 3 ask some great questions that haven\'t been answered yet. What would be the best way to go about this exactly when you are trying to get someone to purchase a product?

Thanks,
    Rhonda
    Did you read mine?

Matt Zenittini: The way I like to do this is provide useful information in the form of a blog.

From your blog you can review and link to affiliate programs.. Or make a blog specific to one program.

On your blog have lead captures but do not require it..

This does a few things:

Begins the relationship building process.
    Allows you to continue the relationship building process.
    Nobody gets mad or spammed.
    People who opt in truly want to read your emails.
    You will get more affiliate sales.
    You will get more interested subscribers.

Good Luck !.

Matt