You will always be able to make money with this...

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by talfighel, Apr 8, 2011.

1. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Hi everyone,

For those of you who are new to the internet business or have been here a while, there is one thing that you all need to know.

5-20+ years from now, you will always be able to make money from affiliate programs. If you own a business online that gets sales from affiliates, your business will always grow and grow.

The affiliate business (selling other people's products) will always be here.

Some people think that you can not make any money online with affiliate marketing and that it is DEAD. I am here to say that they are DEAD WRONG.

There will be MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS of dollars made from being an affiliate and being a vendor.

Surely vendors who have a large army of affiliates will always make the most money possible, but you can also make a ton of money selling other people's product.

There are still a lot of affiliates and vendors who make HUNDREDS of thousands of dollars per year with selling digital and tangible products and so can you. These guys and gals just know things that you don't.

Never give up and you too can become a success story online.

Tal
  2. onedumbaussie

onedumbaussie New Member

I just want to back up the post above and say that affiliate Marketing is the best way for a newbie with little startup capital to get a few dollars flowing.

If you leverage your first few sales into "scaling up" you will continue to grow.

Don't spend your first commissions on anything except tools to make your business work smarter and automate time consuming tasks.

Thanks Tal for an Inspiring post, you have obvious passion.

ODA
  3. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

onedumbaussie: If you leverage your first few sales into "scaling up" you will continue to grow.
    So so true!
    When I started with RTPR last year the first profits went to Christmas presents.
    While I don't regret having spent the money I would be 10x ahead if I had re-invested it.
    It is so hard to NOT spend your first profits but the best use is to expand your business.
    Thankfully my first profits were not my last but all too often that is the case.
    I have done affiliate marketing for over 20 years and learned some hard lessons.
    Affiliate marketing is one of the best ways to have Multiple Streams of Income.
    Just don't scatter your forces too far and wide, focus focus focus.
    For me it was just a sideline to my main business of web hosting.
    It is a great way to help my clients pay for their websites, and
    earn some money for me as sub-affiliates or let me post my ads.
    I have even done websites for free in exchange for the ad space.
    Affiliate marketing using free ads or PPC (done right) is EZ money.
    Never, ever, give up! If at first you don't succeed, try try again.
    Thanks Tal.
  4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

What a great thread here. It's so sad when I see people on here looking for a way to make money so they can buy groceries the next week.

Fact is that it takes time - sometimes lots of time - until those first sales roll in so you will need some kind of job or income until the internet thing takes off for you.

While I was working and waiting on my affiliate marketing to take off, I built a small janitorial business and I enjoy getting out and doing something physical so I have kept it, and probably will do so for awhile yet.

Besides you can never have TOO much money! [​IMG]
  5. MeganFreed

MeganFreed New Member

I agree. Affiliate marketing is and will continue to be a very lucrative way to make an income. However, it does take time and a lot of hard work and effort to get it going but once you do and you start to make sales, you will see how all that hard work is paying off.
  6. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

MeganFreed: However, it does take time and a lot of hard work and effort to get it going
    Yes, that is very true but once you get it going it is a GRAND SLAM.

If you have your own program and you start getting affiliates promoting for you, your income will just grow and grow because of their efforts. You can also then take each new customer and turn them into affiliates too. This process is what many GURUS use to make a lot of money online.

All those people that make 5-6 figures per month are the ones that have programs of their own and turn each customer into an affiliate. This turn all of their customers into an ARMY of affiliates.
  7. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

talfighel: All those people that make 5-6 figures per month are the ones that have programs of their own and turn each customer into an affiliate. This turn all of their customers into an ARMY of affiliates.
    Sigh... I know this is true but haven't gotten that far yet... I don't want to write an ebook on how to make money online and haven't figured out what else I could do one yet.[​IMG]
  8. happywife

happywife Gold Member

mountainmom5: I don't want to write an ebook on how to make money online and haven't figured out what else I could do one yet
    [​IMG] I hear you! Maybe you could write one on emergency survival preparation. With all the turmoil in the world now with the natural disasters, this is going to become an ever growing market. You already have the foundation built and you can take what you've provided and summarize it all in one place (an ebook) for easy download and action steps.

Just a thought... [​IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie
  9. Rach72

Rach72 New Member

Great thread and advice!

Angie - Darn - you stole my Emergency Pack idea - now everyone will be doing it, not that we have those sorts of people on this forum [​IMG]

One of the great points that has been bought up is the need to reinvest in your business for continued long term success.

Yes you do need to work darn hard to get going, but by outsourcing you can scale up so much faster. I use a 50:50 rule with my earnings. 50% goes towards paying the bills, 50% goes towards a tool, course or service that will directly help my business.

This is an evergreen career, but the rules are also constantly changing so anyone coming in also needs to be incredibly adaptable [​IMG]
  10. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Rach72: Angie - Darn - you stole my Emergency Pack idea - now everyone will be doing it, not that we have those sorts of people on this forum
    Ha ha! No, I doubt the idea will be snapped up by lots of people, mainly because implementing a good idea takes a lot of work. If they don't already have a nice groundwork laid, it takes even more work.

Viola already has a nice established website targeting emergency survival, so it would be well worth her efforts to add her own "product" on the niche. She already has targeted traffic who would be interested in such a product - half the battle is won. [​IMG]

Do you also have a survival website?

Blessings,
    Angie
  11. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

mountainmom5: Sigh... I know this is true but haven't gotten that far yet... I don't want to write an ebook on how to make money online and haven't figured out what else I could do one yet.

You can actually write about any niche that you are familiar with and then turn each customer into an affiliate.

Many are doing it and I found this strategy to make me more money because not only do affiliates are promoting for me, I can take each and every customer and invite them to join my affiliate program.

It is a cycle that grows and grows my list of many affiliates.
  12. Rach72

Rach72 New Member

happywife: Viola already has a nice established website targeting emergency survival, so it would be well worth her efforts to add her own "product" on the niche. She already has targeted traffic who would be interested in such a product - half the battle is won.

Do you also have a survival website?
    No...but I live in Earthquake country NZ and after all the shakin' that's going on here I have plenty of experience with building disaster kits (and eating the food in them two days later! [​IMG])

I'll leave it up to Viola - sounds like her product will be a winner!

Rach
  13. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Well Rach, I think there's plenty of room for you both! [​IMG] Hope you didn't lose much in the recent NZ quakes. I'm in AU and we followed it pretty closely on TV. Our hearts and prayers went out to all of you. Glad you are safe! [​IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie
  14. Shane476

Shane476 New Member

talfighel
    Well said but affiliate marketing takes skill. If you don't have marketing skills you won't succeed. Too many fail because they don't have the basic marketing skills.
  15. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Shane476: If you don't have marketing skills you won't succeed. Too many fail because they don't have the basic marketing skills.
    True, but all marketing isn't skill. More are suffering from lack of advertising funds. It doesn't take skill to mail a postcard or place an ad in a home business magazine or other, but it take money.

Affiliate marketing it nothing but Direct Sales, except they took out the office building and supervisor and place it in your home with your own supervision. So no question there's always something to be sold and others looking to sell something that others have.
  16. catgirl

catgirl New Member

talfighel
    Hello , again. I am so inspired by you and your success. I have tried to figure out "Affiliate Marketing" and just can not get it.
    I would be thankful if you could try and explain it to me.
    Thank you,
    Catgirl
  17. DonaldGreen

DonaldGreen New Member

talfighel
    there might always be work for somebody who is promoting other people's products. questions is how easy is going to be in the future when more and more people are aware of the opportunities this market is bringing.

it might get more difficult to bring the product on page one on google when everybody is trying that. so probably you have to be more creative [​IMG]

i am new in affiliate marketing so i am still trying to get a living out of it [​IMG]
  18. katereber

katereber New Member

onedumbaussie: I just want to back up the post above and say that affiliate Marketing is the best way for a newbie with little startup capital to get a few dollars flowing.
    Very true, Affiliate marketing is one of the best way to earn money..
    We just have to learn the techniques of this business..
  19. ldyshkspr68

ldyshkspr68 New Member

I am working on doing affiliates, but as of yet, sites will not accept my ads. where am I supposed to advertise these affilates so ai can make money? I have posted on facebook, but no hits there. i think its sad too, MOuntainmom, because that is where I am. I get food stamps but they refused me medicaid. i havent been able to find a job and i am living with my parents right now (i am 43 and my 19 year old daughter just got a job at walmart) I have tried so many things and so far nothing has worked except Triond where i have 33 cents after 2 years lol

tracy