Your favorite web hosting company?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by Vishal P. Rao, Feb 6, 2006.

1. JesseK

JesseK New Member

I use JustHost. Initially I had problems with being able to FTP and there were speed issues. After a couple of emails to their support desk they sorted out all the problems I had and everything seems to be working well now.

One of the things I like about them is that they offer an anytime money back guarantee which is great!

2. biggles

biggles New Member

Always used Doteasy, great prices, great service.

3. kane1976

kane1976 New Member

Hostgator have been great until just recently when they did an upgrade, and now for some reason the auto login to cpanel window no longer pops up. So i have to enter my username and password every time to login, it's abit of a pain really. Other than that they are ok and i probably would say to host with them.

4. taz87

taz87 Member

Hostagator is my choice for hosting, I used justhost before they are decent but had some uptime issues. for premi8m service i would say go hostgator, If your money is a bit tight go with justhost, they are decent too but remember you get what you pay for.

Taz

5. JanHickling

JanHickling New Member

I use the c-panel which is included in my Social Media Marketing Training service. One of the many features I get for $10 per month. Can't beat it with a stick.

I do like go-daddy too. The employees are very helpful and tolerant of stupid questions. [​IMG]

Jan Hickling

6. mary61

mary61 New Member

I like HostGator as well!

7. Yeoch

Yeoch Member

A warrior by the name OscarH has a great offer and I came across that offer on the last day - 31 Mar 2011. Many warriors had taken the offer - annual hosting (with everything that HostGator provides + technical support) costs US$11.68 only for the Enterprise package. Annual cost, mind you, not monthly. Recurring annual cost is US$11.68 as long as your website wanted to be hosted at Host The Name. I bought 2 Enterprise packages - 1 for myself and 1 - in case my friends need hosting.

Bye

8. simpleflair

simpleflair New Member

Seems like godaddy and hostgator are the most popular choices. Does anyone here host at bluehost? what do you think of their servers and customer service?

9. Chris Diamond

Chris Diamond New Member

I heard "horror stories" about GoDaddy, I heard good stories of BlueHost.

I am using JustHost and it works pretty well.

10. ericlenhard

ericlenhard New Member

I use hostgator for 3 years, really nice and stable service. Plus they have a good Wordpress support.

11. webtalk

webtalk New Member

I like ShopaServer.com , all my sites are there , the best host with unbeatable price.

12. Yeoch

Yeoch Member

webtalk: I like ShopaServer.com , all my sites are there , the best host with unbeatable price.
    I took a look at shopaserver.com. It is $3/mth for unmetered disk, unmetered bandwidth, 10 domain names, ... etc. Anything better and at $2.95/mth?

13. webtalk

webtalk New Member

Yeoch: I took a look at shopaserver.com. It is $3/mth for unmetered disk, unmetered bandwidth, 10 domain names, ... etc. Anything better and at $2.95/mth?
    I have tested many hosts from big to smaller one and these guys are winner in features and price.

yes friend, they have perfect performance the only limit in $ 3 plan is number of websites that is 10.

I am happy with them for more than a year and I got many recommendations from bloggers during my hunt for web hosting in past.

good luck!

14. totojerry

totojerry Member

Vishal P. Rao
    I personally recommend 1&1 for the lot of services included in the packages. The best this days is private registration included when you purchase your domain name.

15. Thiya

Thiya New Member

HostGator is always my favorite web hosting company from the beginning. I've not experienced too much of bad experiences out of them and also those bad experiences does not affect me at all. Its all minor problems but recovered in few minutes and i really appreciate their customer support. Once again they've proved as they are topper among many web hosting companies i think. Then next one i can suggest is JustHost whose is providing more professional web hosting plans in professional way. These are the two companies that i've hosted and got good experience. Thanks.

16. JeromeKenyatta

JeromeKenyatta New Member

Wow some of you guys really use free hosting? lol that's crazy. And I can't believe GoDaddy is first for Hosting. I would say they're a better domain name registry than hosting. I have tried their services and their customer service suck. I can honesty say the best hosting to me is Host Gator. Ive been with them for 5 years now, have registered over 10 domains with them and they have amazing customer service!

17. Multimastery

Multimastery New Member

I'd have to say hostgator. They have good pricing and great service, plus you can host unlimited websites all in one! Another thing is that they have a great reputation which is largely why I decided to become a customer with them.

18. totojerry

totojerry Member

Thiya
    Hi,

Recently, I found iPage very cheap for professionnal hosting. You can have a look. But read others advices before apply for their sevices.

Regards

19. Yeoch

Yeoch Member

Hi,

For your information, these are the top 10 web hosts in USA. They are:

WildWestDomains - 39.8% market share - with 30.6 million domains
    Enom.com - 4.3% market share - with 3.3 million domains
    Networksolutions.com - 3.9% market share - with 3 million domains
    OneandDone.com - 2.6% market share - with 2.7 million domains
    Yahoo.com - 2.4% market share - with 1.8 million domains
    Dsredirection.com - 2.4% market share - with 1.8 million domains
    Hostgator.com - 2.2% market share - with 1.7 million domains