Your favorite web hosting company?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by Vishal P. Rao, Feb 6, 2006.

1. lovetthosting

lovetthosting New Member

I use hostgator.com for my hosting. I love their support and great uptime. My site is super fast and always works.

2. pcwork

pcwork New Member

westhost - they offer a good price for multiple domains

3. computershy

computershy New Member

I use GoDaddy for my and my clients' Web sites. Their customer service is excellent and I've never had any downtime in the three years that I have been with them.

They're are not as cheap as some of the other Web hosting providers but this is one area where you should definitely be willing to pay a bit more for quality.

GoDaddy doesn't have a toll-free tech support number but I have never had to wait more than a couple of minutes when I was on hold.

4. cyberchick

cyberchick New Member

I use godaddy.com simply for their reliability. Over the years I have hosted all my domains with them and never had a problem. The low cost is also a great advantage. Recently I have taken the next step and gone to develop my own website. I choose to use their free templates from "today tonight" and then upgraded. Currently I'm using their 5 page design it costs around $ 49/year incl hosting and comes with many great templates. I am really impressed by the professional look of the site and how its turned out. Anyone please feel free to give me some feedback.
    Successpreneurdotbiz [​IMG]

5. Jade

Jade New Member

I've been using Aplus for many years now and never had any problems. I'm yet to have any problems with downtime, and their Control Panel is constantly upgrading with a ton of features for marketing and design. Auto-responders, Adsense generator (puts the code right into your pages if you don't understand coding), Google Sitemap submitter, Ranking Checkers, and SEO tools are just a few of their offerings.

Wow, I sound like an infomercial. [​IMG]

Jade

6. Robert Willson

Robert Willson New Member

I'm with hostgator. The prices are great and they have one of the best reputaions around. They have grown quite abit over the years and have never had any "growing pains"

Very professional, real time 24/7 help and unlimited domains and best of all, they don't allow over selling.

That means no resourse hoggs crashing your site.

7. RichTheJerk

RichTheJerk New Member

My two Cents: I too am among the "GoDaddy" fans. I started off with the "Free" hosting while I set my site up, then just today (even though it is still not fully completed) I upgraded to the Economy ($3.99 per month) just to test out the full functionality of the full site.

My Problem was that I set it up on a Winders Server and my Forum (vBulletin) did not want to install on GoDaddy's Host with the Windows Server. So, Switched it over to the Linux Server, and it seems to be working fine, at least from my computers.

I was a little naive, using "FrontP*ge" as my Main site Builder, I thought that in order to use "FrontP*ge" Extensions, I HAD to have it on a Windows Server, which I later learned was incorrect.

Godaddy so far has proved to be a nice price, reliable host, and good domain registration for me as well.

Rich, The Jerk

8. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Does anyone have a dedicated, semi-dedicated server or a VPS

9. shezz

shezz New Member

I use godaddy also, they are cheap but so far I've never had a problem with them and their support has been fantastic. Although I'm Australian I don't use Aussie webhosts as they are so much more expensive than US hosts.

10. Bob Turner

Bob Turner New Member

If you're just starting out - and want to feel your way slowly, without paying anything then try www.freeola.com
    It's free to get webspace that you can load your own files in to.
    They also support PHP and PERL CGI for anybody who wants to start programming.
    I've been using them for a while - and all seems fine so far.
    No need to register and pay for a new domain - just use their free ones. It's great for trying out new ideas.
    As far as I know they are based in the UK - not sure whether you can use them if you live outside the UK

11. cyberchick

cyberchick New Member

I suppose another way to get a free hosting is by creating a website on a blog server like wordpress. They have good templates and with a bit of html knowledge added you could set up a site for free. Not sure about the bandwith space though. A good toe weting idea [​IMG]

12. DavidHooper5

DavidHooper5 New Member

I use myriad networks. They are super fast (they are in the same data centre as Google) and they are only $19.95 for unlimited domains.

Excellent customer service also.

David

13. noboss

noboss New Member

For years I've used a small web hosting company out of illinois, a guy name Ken runs it. Real nice guy, awesome support, and I've very rarely had downtime in all my years of hosting with him.
    http://www.kobweb.net

[email protected]

14. innominds

innominds New Member

I've been with hostmonster. Its good and cheap. $5.95/month. Even you can host unlimited domains.

15. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Quoting: innomindsI've been with hostmonster. Its good and cheap. $5.95/month. Even you can host unlimited domains

For Hostmonster, they update Awstats only once a day. Do you know how to update it more often?

16. spartanmr

spartanmr New Member

I wonder if there are any free hosting companies?[​IMG]

17. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

I like

Hostmonster (best deal at a super low price with bells and whistles)
    Blue Host
    Go Daddy
    Globat

Newbie Shield

18. bwh1

bwh1 New Member

I am with Hostmonster, same owner as Bluehost. Both under the best providers in business. Nothing to complain, but like with all companies there will never be a Host who has 100% satisfied customers.

What a future client has to do is analyzing his needs. Someone here post the correct point. If you need reliability and your Website need 99,9% Uptime, don't risk anything with a 'free or cheap Host' as you can loose much more money with a bad service as a good Host will charge you. I say "cheap" as I think a price below U$ 10,- for a Top Host is really not expensive (less 1 BigM meal per month will compensate this). I offer on my Website [Link removed - Admin] several Top quality Hosts who are among the best you can get.

I personally would NOT sign up at a Reseller Host, as such a company can be out of the business in a short time, and you face a huge problem to switch your account if this would happen. Check out if the Data Center is owned by the Host himself to know about this or ask him over support.
    I personally would sign up a 12 month contract as I think a 3 month sign up cost you almost the same. But if you like to test a Host, go witha short period and then if you like extend it.

19. stacy

stacy New Member

I like GoDaddy, but have nothing else to compare to. They have always been helpful when I have questions, even general questions about how my site looks. They seem to really have an interest when helping me. It's pretty cheap when you pay in advance or set up for auto debit.

20. stacy

stacy New Member

Do any of hte above mentioned webhosting companies offer Retail website templates? I am very new at building websites and my software does not have the best tool for e-commerce. I was hoping to find a website that already had all the shopping cart tools and such, so I could just load pictures and go. I found a free retail website that is really easy to use, but it's very simplistic. I can only load 25 products and I can't change the look of it, becasue it's free, of course.
    My mom is going to start making doggie coats, doggie beds, and some other crafty items so I want a way to market them and sell them easily. I was going to list a few thing son eBay, but also have a nice looking website with all her products and eventually try to get traffic to the website and pull out of eBay completely.

So, any suggestions on a good e-commerce web hosting company?