Your favorite web hosting company?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by Vishal P. Rao, Feb 6, 2006.

1. JamesZ

JamesZ New Member

I use 1and1.com for my hosting and domains.

They are pretty competitive and have great built in statistics information on traffic etc.

Check out their prices. [​IMG]

2. doublemix

doublemix New Member

I prefer MaximTech.com. I have approximately 10 client sites, there. Very flexible and responsive.

They also just launched a comprehensive multi-locality business directory...free everything. Just substitute your city in place of "atlanta" and press return. http://www.atlantabusinesslist.com

3. Williamjr

Williamjr Guest

I have used "DrupalValueHosting.com" for months and I am pleased with their services. I think they are a great companyn as they are offering high quality, affordable, and reliable web hosting services. Their All-Inclusive plans offer great features, fast and secure servers, multiple free tools, and high quality customer service! Moreover you can check them out here"drupalvaluehosting.com"

4. Homeboy

Homeboy New Member

Currently I'm using Hostsnake. It's free with no ads, and practically unlimited bandwidth. I've had a bit of downtime with them, but nothing too major (free hosts are normally a lot worse, lol)...

5. lakshmi_guru

lakshmi_guru New Member

I host with hostforweb they provide cpanel and telnet option. This gives you full control to your hosting. for $10 they provide huge bandwidth and unlimited sub domains.

6. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Homeboy: Currently I'm using Hostsnake. It's free with no ads, and practically unlimited bandwidth. I've had a bit of downtime with them, but nothing too major (free hosts are normally a lot worse, lol).

For how long have you been using Hostsnake ?

7. freeonlinecash

freeonlinecash New Member

I use yahoo small business. Their support is amazing, and the software gets downloaded to your somputer so you can change your site up whenever you would like in 5 min. It only cost $9 a month!

8. tahtimbo

tahtimbo New Member

Has anyone ever heard of Starlogic? They seem to have good reviews. Also, any avice on other hosting companies?
    Thanks

9. herwindz

herwindz New Member

I choose dracoola for my hosting, they based here in Indonesia, but their server is in USA, the cost is very cheap and until now i am really satisfied with their services.

10. screamalicious

screamalicious New Member

Hands down, GoDaddy. Their products are affordable, hosting and databases are easy to use, and they call to check up on me every now and then and offer me discounts!

11. tahtimbo

tahtimbo New Member

Thanks, I'll check them both out.

12. Meshmore

Meshmore New Member

I use SiteBuildit.

Its a bit expensive at 299.00 per year. They don't have monthly options.

There is so much that one gets; domain registration, web hosting(no need to learn how FTP works).

No HTML, FTP, CGI, graphic or programming skills needed (although its compatible with FrontPage, DreamWeaver, GoLive, CSS, JS, Flash, anything you care to throw at it if you are advanced technically).

The beauty of Sitebuildit(at least for me) is the fact that they teach you what they refer to as; CTPM

Content - Creating keyword content focused web pages which will be SEO optimized.

Traffic - Driving traffic to these pages, targeted traffic

Preselling - Your traffic since its targeted, its presold. They come to your sites with a open mind, ready to buy. The owner Ken Evoy explains this philosophy beautifully.

Monetize - Presold traffic is then easier to monetize. ka-ching.

I have created my online opportunities review site with Sitebuildit. And I easily get organic traffic. I get this traffic because my pages are key word focused.

The disadvantage is that for 299.00 you can only host one domain. If you want another website, you would pop out another 299.00.

But its all worth the investment.

13. PennyWise

PennyWise New Member

Not to be a pompous geek or anything, but Microsoft Office Live now has GoDaddy beat.

Everything (hosting, wysiwyg editor, domain name) all free for a year, with no commitment. And they do that check up every now and then thing. Actually my favorite part of that is there's one person (with a name and everything) who calls.

14. perlette

perlette New Member

Hello, how come no one is using dreamhost? What do you think about dreamhost?

15. screamalicious

screamalicious New Member

16. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Nice Poll script. It looks like you retro-added the poll script itself? I voted for Host Gator in the poll.

I've commented a few times in this post over time. I've used and still use several hosts and I am always looking for new hosts to try. I've particularly enjoyed using Bluehost, Go Daddy, and Host Gator.

Lately I've been registering my domain name at Go Daddy and using Host Gator for the actual hosting.

It really depends what you are looking for and what you plan on doing with your hosting service.

It's good to compare services. Some folks just need a minimal amount of space while some need a lot for a long term project. Some need minimal bandwidth while some need quite a bit. Some are willing to pay less at the expense of additional top level domains under one account.

Some accounts come with many frills included in the price whereas some (like Go Daddy) charge extra for each additional frill. Some have a high up-time and nice server guts whereas some are a bit lacking in these two areas. Some come with PPC credits and some don't. Some have better support than others.

It's good to understand your needs and then find out which hosting packages can best serve those needs without breaking the bank. Take your time when determining a hosting package that is most suitable for you.

Good luck,

~Newbie Shield~

17. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Newbie Shield: Nice Poll script. It looks like you retro-added the poll script itself?

Thanks NS! I couldn't comprehend what you exactly meant.

18. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Sorry for the confusion, never mind :)

~Newbie Shield~

19. Sonni

Sonni New Member

What does unlimited domains mean? That you can have multiple blogs or websites? I'm trying to make a decision on web host and it offers unlimited domains if I sign up for a year (host gator). If I sign up for a month it's 7.95 a month and only get 1 domain for $15 a year. I'm a newbie and wasn't sure if I should sign up for a year not knowing what I'm doing. I'm not sure what the best option is. Can someone advise? Ideas/ suggestions. Thanks.
    Sonni

20. Sonni

Sonni New Member

Does anyone know the answer to the question above and is willing to respond? The question on unlimited domains by Sonni.
    Thanks