Your favorite web hosting company?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by Vishal P. Rao, Feb 6, 2006.

1. BlueIce

BlueIce New Member

It is not on the list above but one of my favourites here in the UK is 123 reg hosting.

However go daddy is the favourite among a lot of people I know.

2. Dreamy

Dreamy New Member

HostGator is the best, by far [​IMG]

3. mavkain

mavkain New Member

I see allot of "cheap" providers here. I deal with register.com and the hosting there is great! It has Cpanel and I can call them 24/7. Sure they ask too many questions but I spose they're taking more of an interest in helping me then any other web company has.

4. glindow

glindow New Member

I have decided to go with dreamhost myself. I got a good deal because they had a special going on when I signed up. Unlimited pages and bandwidth I think. Its around 12 dollars a month and though I just started with the company an online friend of mine has been using dream host for several years and it has been really reliable.

5. missredbud

missredbud New Member

I just recently signed up with Pow Web. They are having a sale - buy six months and get six months free. I received a call from a real person thanking me and offering assistance if needed. I am still working on my site, haven't uploaded it yet, so I don't know if there are or will be any problems, but the price was good, and you can have unlimited domains, bandwidth, etc.

6. businessonapage

businessonapage New Member

I only use free websites. They have all been terrific.

7. dpace

dpace New Member

I am just beginning in this world of owning my own webpage. Any suggestions for the new kid on the block. I have read all the posts under this thread and there are alot of things to consider when choosing a hosting company.

8. businessonapage

dpace: ...there are alot of things to consider when choosing a hosting company.
    As an initial idea, there are alot of things to consider, but I think key factors would be
    o your time-frame
    o how much information will you be showing
    o how many visitors do you expect
    When you have an idea of these amounts you can compare
    o webhosts costs per month/year
    o data storage required
    o bandwidth required
    Once you do this, then webhosting sights can be compared. Free or paid hosting sites.
    Then come other things that I would consider in hindsight...

9. broke no more

broke no more New Member

I chose Global Domains International.For $10 a month, you get to pick your domain name yourself, you get 10 web pages, 10 email address to match your domain name, a site builder to build your site, a great forum where there is a lot of info and help, and the best part...there is an income potential with it. Using this site, I am able to have a few diffent income streams coming in. With the economy the way it is, it is a blessing! Thats my choice.

10. cg4ksu

cg4ksu New Member

Hostgator!

Hostgator is the best. They have the best packages for the least amount of money. Service is great, support is great, unlimited subdomains. It can't be beat.

11. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I used to use Godaddy, but I've changed over to Hostgator. You can host unlimited domains with unlimited bandwidth for $7.95 a month. Its hard to beat that! [​IMG]

12. businessonapage

getagrip: You can host unlimited domains with unlimited bandwidth for $7.95 a month
    Hey, thanks for the heads up with the price. The deal looks like it includes alot.

13. Cash Gifting

Cash Gifting New Member

I use www.Synthasite.com . They have 100% free websites and 100% free hosting. They have all the bells and whistles the big boys have and yes you can use Google Analytics too. The service is first rate.

I also use www.Godaddy.com. and www.DotEasy.com . They're great.

Chuck

14. JARSboy

JARSboy New Member

I use relichost. They start extremely cheap at 6 pounds per year (about $8-9 per year) I have had extremely good luck with them as in virtually no downtime and have been with them for 3 years now.

15. CopynProfit

CopynProfit New Member

What about host9? they are the best I've been with and then I would say hostgater.

16. profitweaver

profitweaver New Member

There are obviously hundreds of good hosts out there, most offering great deals and good value for money.

However, the way to tell a good host, in my opinion, is how they respond to a crisis. How do they react to critical problems?

Hopefully you will never have to find out, but if you do, you will soon find out if your host really cuts the mustard!

17. franktsai1982

franktsai1982 New Member

I currently use Powweb,

It only costs me less than $50 a year,

and it is quite stable,

so I recommend it.

18. ryan80

ryan80 Guest

I use godaddy also because they are cheap and I also use GDI - Global Domains Int. because of the money making opportunity.

19. tryingtolearn

tryingtolearn New Member

I currently use godaddy because that's where I purchased my domains and they came with free hosting. I had some problems in the very beginning but that was my own fault.
    Some day I hope to be able to upgrade[​IMG]

20. bells401

bells401 Member

i use godaddy as well and love it , never had any problems with them and they have 24/7 support[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]