Your First Website - Was It About Making Money Online?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by gobala, Sep 1, 2006.

1. tidbits

tidbits New Member

No, I made my first website because I liked to eat out and back in the stone ages of the internet, there weren't any restaurant guides in my area that had more than 1 or 2 restaurants.

I still keep the site, but it doesn't make much money at all. It was my first so it will always have a special place in my heart.
  2. BillyPilgrim

BillyPilgrim New Member

I've only just recently got my first paid-for website. I've made all my profits using free online tools.

BP
  3. dmitch31

dmitch31 New Member

Yes. My first marketing type website is about making money online. I've done well with it. I'm sure by now you all know that I promote Wealthy Affiliate. To be honest with you, I found promoting Wealthy Affiliate to be one of the easiest things for a newbie to do.

Competition? Yeah, there's competition, but 90% of your competition is lame. You have to make a quality choice to be one that stands out.

Let me tell you something, this last month (April) I totally and I mean TOTALLY sloughed off marketing Wealthy Affiliate. This was after promoting it for only two months. And yet today, my Paypal account was credited with $504 from sales in the month of April.

Mind you, I didn't do anything in April...
  4. lakshmi_guru

lakshmi_guru New Member

Yes - My first website was about making money online. But there were lot more to learn before I started making money. [​IMG]
  5. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

No - My first website wasn't on the topic of making money online.

It is still up and profitable. It's been up since the late 1990's.

It's in version 3 and I have no plans of changing it in any way. Normally I would add fresh content, but this site has been at number one in Google for an in demand search phrase since the first month.

It's old, it is perfectly SEOd, it still gets new quality link backs every month, and it's as close to auto-pilot as a site can be.

I don't recommend fire and forget, but in this rare case, no one is savvy enough to knock me down a notch in the SERPs. Many still try. I wasn't the very first one in the niche, but I was one of the first five.

My product is the least expensive yet it is the best. My customer service is very good and my return rate is almost non-existent. I created the product from scratch. My traffic is highly targeted. By the time these folks reach my site it is because they want to buy today.

~Newbie Shield~
  6. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Newbie Shield,
    You know you are making us all jealous!!! [​IMG]
    Angie
  7. opendomain

opendomain New Member

Your First Website - Was It About Making Money Online?
  8. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

You two are too kind [​IMG]

You have nice success stories as well. The two of you are an inspiration to me.

Lots of good news in this thread!

~Newbie Shield~
  9. GavinStephenson

GavinStephenson New Member

I use to market money.. .. and my business

Now i market myself