Your routine and it's time consumption

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by dustincarabello, Jun 17, 2016.

1. dustincarabello

dustincarabello New Member

How long does it generally take everybody to go through their daily web routine? I am fairly new to this all so it definitely takes me a while. I've been doing this every day for a few weeks now and to research a few keywords, write a relevant article, check it, promote it, build backlinks, and search through forums and blogs for useful info... it takes me around 8 hours. What's your routine and how fast can you do it? I'm very curious as to how I can be more productive and better utilize my time.

payment proof likes this.
  2. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

For me, it really depends on how motivated and energetic I am feeling. Also, my goals/tasks may change somewhat from one day to another so that has an affect on how much time I spend as well.

Generally I'd say I spend 2 to 5 hours, some days more.

dustincarabello likes this.
  3. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

It varies according to what I am working on that day, but the routine stuff usually takes a few hours. If I'm launching a product --building a website, creating content, writing sales copy, designing graphics and so on -- that process could take days. Weeks sometimes.

However, I always put more focus on the quality of the work, rather than on how long it takes to complete. Once it's done, it's done, and it can continue to generate revenue or serve its purpose for a long time after that. It's about doing the work once and getting paid for it over and over and over. That makes the time investment worth the effort for me.

You can also significantly reduce your working time by using digital tools to simplify your tasks and improve efficiency.

Hermas

4. dustincarabello

dustincarabello New Member

What tools do you use to lighten your load through the day?

5. chd07

chd07 New Member

It varies a lot for me because a decent amount of my work is through phone calls or meetings that can vary . But, I atleast spend 3hrs online promoting. I also spend time making ads. At least 5hrs a day total

6. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

Great point Hermas! Quality is more important than rushing through something. It's important to always do your best, no matter what you do.

Don't feel guilty if a 1 hour job takes 2 hours and you are happy with the results. :)

7. Claire93

Claire93 Member

I can 't manage my time. I don't like to do it, though I usually set the goals and try to achieve success.
    Don't afraid to try something new and if something goes wrong, be patient and you'll see that with practice you'll spend less time on work and at the same time you'll get great results. Time zips along.

8. feigner

feigner New Member

you need to come into this business with the right attitude. you need to focus on filling a need which people have, otherwise you may not make any money.
    as for how long does it take per day, make a plan - plan the work and work the plan.
    create a calendar of what you want to do - at the start this may change with what you are able to do, want to do, can do.
    At the beginning it will take a while to get into a routine, but it does get easier. It also depends on what you are trying to achieve, how quick, how easy, what are your markets, so unfortunately there is no one reply.
    Remember it takes a while to start a business online or offline. You may get lucky and fall into a hungry niche but don't bank on it. You may be in it for the long haul. Also remember that google likes consistency, so plan on doing work every week/day. But the main thing is to plan the business.
    Your time of 8 hours to create and market the posts is about right - dependant on the length of the content. You may find that it will take 80% of your time to carry out the marketing and only 20% on the content.
    have fun
    phil