Work at Home Forum - An online community of those who work from home.
Casual Chat Work at Home Forum / Casual Chat /

(3) Online Business related Questions

greenion
Forums Member

#1 · Posted: 18 Feb 2010 14:59

I have always wanted to ask these questions from any entrepreneurial community. Just so I can get some feedback and contrast it with my way of thinking. So here they are:

1) Is it better to be respected or loved for what you do?

2) What is the meaning of success to you? As in what does it look like visually.

3) What are the cliches' you often see/hear in online business?
- ex. This is not a get-rich-scheme.
This one I'm tired of hearing/seeing from the successful folks and I'm tired of the newbies thinking in that way about online income opportunities.

The fact is, one can make a lot of money online in a relatively reasonable amount time, given the right vehicle and support; but, just not the obscene amount of money that newbies think that they can make.
The fact is, it will take learning the SKILLS necessary to be able to make a reasonable full-time living online. A fact that so often escapes those folks who are so desperate and/or greedy to make money online.

As always, I am looking forward to the perspectives of others. Most of I what I have posted falls into the, 'what is good for the goose is good for the gander' category. So, it is all about growth myself and everybody else here and elsewhere.

mountainmom5
Gold Member

#2 · Posted: 19 Feb 2010 10:23

greenion:
What are the cliches' you often see/hear in online business?

Here's a few of my pet peeves...

1) You are not SELLING - just TELLING...

2)We are not selling ANYONE, we are simply HELPING people....

3) Fake it till you make it

talfighel
Forums Member

#3 · Posted: 19 Feb 2010 10:40

Leon,

1) I would like to be respected by others for what I do or how many people I have helped over the past few years directly and in-directly.

2) Success means not only being able to make enough money to pay for your everyday lifestyle from your internet business, but to also help others who are looking for a way to get out of the rat race.

3) I see too many people promoting "Make $500 a day online with only a computer and internet connection".

If these people and programs would tell people that it can take them 1-3 years to make a very decent income online then a whole lot more people would succeed.

A8ch
Gold Member

#4 · Posted: 19 Feb 2010 20:35 · Edited by: A8ch

greenion:
1) Is it better to be respected or loved for what you do?.

To be respected AND loved would be ideal. But to be respected for what you do is an acknowledgment that people truly value what you do, and that's the least you can ask for.

greenion:
2) What is the meaning of success to you? As in what does it look like visually.

Success, for me, is more internal than external. It's more of an attitude that derives from my level of happiness, contentment, comfort and the degree of freedom I have to pursue my interests.

greenion:
3) What are the cliches' you often see/hear in online business?

cutting edge...
it's a no-brainer...
low hanging fruit...
bring to the table...
push the envelope...
think outside the box...
leaving money on the table...

Hermas

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first.
Messages not conforming to the forum rules will not be approved or, deleted without any explanation.
Please do not post email addresses. If essential, obfuscate them (user [at] domain.com or something like that).
Please do not apply BOLD to entire post.

Page loading time (secs): 0.042

Member Ranking · Terms of Use · Privacy Policy · About Us · Contact Us · Support Us · Friends

© 2004-2010 Work at Home Forum. All rights reserved.