Work at Home Forum - An online community of those who work from home.
Network/Multi-level Marketing Work at Home Forum / Network/Multi-level Marketing /

20,000 distributors.... Too early? Too late?

milasports
Forums Member
#1 · Posted: 23 May 2010 06:22

I am an athlete in Hawaii and consume a product called MILA (the World's Healthiest Raw Whole Food.) It has helped my training regime (strength & recovery) as well as noticeable personal health and medical benefits. Product was so powerful I decided to sign up as a distributor although I have never been a fan of mlm, much less signed up w/ one.

By trade my background is in investment finance so I did a little due diligence:
-Company started Oct. 08.
-Product skipped most of USA and landed in Hawaii June '09 from East Coast.
-Product kicks off West Coast Summer '10.
-Product being introduced to Japan starting this Summer then to other countries.
-Herbalife over 2 million distributors.
-Amway over 3 million.

Robert Kyosaki (Rich Dad Poor Dad) author of The Business of the 21st Century which endorses the MLM business model was asked at what level is it best to join a mlm. His answer was "if you can get in the first 100,000 its a no brainer."

As the company reaches the first 20,000 distributor milestone is it safe to assume they have survived the growing pains & should last for the long hau?

Any feedback or past experience on timing of early entrance in MLM would be appreciated.

3x more Iron than spinach
2x more Potassium than bananas
15x more Magnesium than broccoli & more
http://www.betterthanacai.com
Matt Zenittini
Silver Member
#2 · Posted: 23 May 2010 12:42

It is still considered a riskier investment at this point in my mind. Most MLM companies will fail in the first 3 years.

I know the company I joined is a 15 year old company and had 45k distributors. Now it has 70k distributors and is growing.

If you believe in the product and think the company will boom then get in now. Assuming you don't need to invest your life what bad could happen?

Good luck,

Matt

P.S. Growing pains will be around many many years normally.

But you have to prove you want it.

http://www.GBGTopTier.com
RICH4NURICHE
Forums Member
#3 · Posted: 25 May 2010 23:53

After due diligence, the best time to join is as early as possible. If the investment is small, there's really not much to lose. If you are being pressured in any way, for instance to purchase marketing materials, purchasing more than you need for personal use. etc. those should raise red flags immediately. Like any other business, it requires time to build. A good indicator is that you have tried and are still using the product yourself. Your own testimony is a great start for marketing. Wish you the best.

Rich

#4 · Posted: 26 May 2010 06:12

Thanks for the feedback. Yes I can vouch for the product as can a few other pro atheletes. They actually have us buy the product, maybe 24 bags for a total of $1080. So then just hand the product out & it sort of sells itself. Already had 5 distributors sign up under me that I gave bags to. None of us have past newtwork marketing experience.

So far so good, but yes funny thing was i figured "what else am I going to do with $1000, buy more stock?" Which I already have. the market tanked last few weeks & this new venture has returned 75% of my investment in the 1st few weeks.

3x more Iron than spinach
2x more Potassium than bananas
15x more Magnesium than broccoli & more
http://www.betterthanacai.com
carterstory
Forums Member
#5 · Posted: 26 May 2010 17:41

milasports..
One of the best things I could have told you (if I didn't read and say tha tyou joined) is that I would go for it.. you seem to love the product (Required) and you seem to fit the lifestyle / target audiance for the products niche... these are TWO huge Pluses in Network marketing, and you have hit them on the head. You will be a genuine network marketer, and in this world that's huge.

#6 · Posted: 27 May 2010 17:44

RICH4NURICHE:
After due diligence, the best time to join is as early as possible. If the investment is small, there's really not much to lose.

That about sums it up. Nothing can beat great timing and someone has to be first. Seize the moment, and make it work. Hopefully the company will be able to withstand the the "test of time".

I did the same recently and it has worked out well.

#7 · Posted: 29 May 2010 16:24

milasports
My first ever experience with MLM was a start-up. I joined in 1981 and it served me well for about 10 yrs. before the company was sold. Don't get too wrapped up in the number of distributors that a company has. Remember Paretto's Law of 80/20, 20% of the people are responsible for 80% of the production.

That number is even greater in network marketing. Many people join and never do anything for whatever reason. Some join just to get a discount on products that they are personally taking. The more important questions are: Are you comfortable with and do you see value in the products? What kind of management team is there running the company? Are reps getting paid on a timely basis? The most important thing in my opinion is to search out who the leading builders and money makers are and interview your potential Uplines? Why should you join their team as opposed to someone else in the company? Find someone moving in the direction you want to go, and copy yourself to the top. This is perhaps the most important aspect in network marketing. Good Luck!

Forums Member
#8 · Posted: 2 Feb 2011 16:30

I don't think i can even recommend MLM for anyone because it is just Old school

#9 · Posted: 2 Feb 2011 16:56

MLM is old school???

Don't see where getting monthly residual checks from the use of leverage every gets old. Just ask the CEO's of corporate America.

#10 · Posted: 7 Feb 2011 11:02

Now that was funny! "I don't think i can even recommend MLM for anyone because it is just Old school".

What company is NOT MLM? Even corporate America is MLM to a certain degree, for example, you have CEO's, the ones right below them and the list goes on and on.....MLM is the ONLY way to earn monthly residual income...and the only way to truly find and obtain financial freedom. It seems as though someone has soured you on what building a successful business is all about.

Mind sharing what YOU are doing that is NOT MLM? What I mean by this is, are you the only one in your business? No partners, customers? Just curious?

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first.
Messages not conforming to the forum rules will not be approved or, deleted without any explanation.
Please do not post email addresses. If essential, obfuscate them (user [at] domain.com or something like that).
Please do not apply BOLD to entire post.

Page loading time (secs): 0.103

Custom Search
Member Ranking · Terms of Use · Privacy Policy · About Us · Contact Us · Support Us · Friends

© 2004-2011 Work at Home Forum. All rights reserved.