Work at Home Forum - An online community of those who work from home.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Work at Home Forum / Search Engine Optimization (SEO) /

1 PR7 Link take your website PR from 0 to 5. Is it true ?

samda
Forums Member
#1 · Posted: 7 Apr 2009 13:11

Theory says that getting one PR 7 link from a relevant website with not more than 20 outbound link will boost the linked website to PR 5 from PR 0

Is this true. Has any one achieved it. Please let us know and let's kick start the discussion.

Thanks
Sam

getagrip
Gold Member
#2 · Posted: 7 Apr 2009 16:53

I'd highly doubt it. I know that Ezinearticles has a PR of 6, but your PR doesn't automatically jump - at least not that high - when they link into you.

#3 · Posted: 7 Apr 2009 17:43

That would be great if it was true but it sounds a little extreme. I think a little more would be needed to see a jump like that.

#4 · Posted: 7 Apr 2009 21:00

I don't think it's true. Yes. It will help to boost your PR but not that much.

#5 · Posted: 8 Apr 2009 09:58

Hi Sam,

Though less outbound links on a page leading to your site will be more effective, I know that a single link from a PR 7 will not boost your PR from a zero to a 5.

It'll help - especially if it's a follow - but not quite as much as the rumor suggests.

~Newbie Shield~

samda
Forums Member
#6 · Posted: 11 Apr 2009 09:04

getagrip:
I'd highly doubt it. I know that Ezinearticles has a PR of 6, but your PR doesn't automatically jump - at least not that high - when they link into you.

Ezinearticles is PR6, but the link that you get from the articles doesn't carry that much PR.. So you wouldn't consider in this case...

VictoriaNTC
Silver Member
#7 · Posted: 11 Apr 2009 14:25

I agree also.

I do not think it would help that much.

Gov and Edu Links are very helpful, and it many be better to have a handful of high PR links as opposed to many PR0 links.

Happy Easter!
Victoria

rubsync
Forums Member
#8 · Posted: 18 May 2009 22:50

Its not true .. I did get a PR 7 back link but my PR is still the same.

Willprospector
#9 · Posted: 10 Nov 2009 23:31

Absolutely not. I know because I have put over 40 PR6-9 one-way backlinks pointing towards my site and my PR went from PR2 to PR0.
I think that happened because I signed up with GO2IT.net and then
had backlink texts that were too diverse and not similar enough to my primary Title that is on my website. GO2IT.net sells monthly links from 10,000 sites but every time I use them my page rank goes down.
The time before this my page rank went down from PR3 to PR0. I cancelled 6 days ago. I will have to see if making small variations in my title bring my page rank back if I subscribe again.

mountainmom5
Gold Member
#10 · Posted: 10 Nov 2009 23:58

Thanks guys - I wondered about this as well and got the answer before I asked. Splendid.

#11 · Posted: 29 May 2010 18:32

I have a page rank 7 link for my site but it isn't that good of one, My PR is still 2 which I am trying to improve.

#12 · Posted: 5 Aug 2010 10:10

samueldarwin:
Theory says that getting one PR 7 link from a relevant website with not more than 20 outbound link will boost the linked website to PR 5 from PR 0

I wish it was that easy. But then everyone could do it, eh?

Where did you come across this theory? I'd like to read that mess. It sounds as if whoever wrote it is quart low... or a quart high depending on what they are drinking.

#13 · Posted: 3 Feb 2011 08:19

A single direct link from a PR7 site may get you to PR3-4. Google is constantly increasing the percentage buffer on links so it is consistently taking more and more links to reach a higher PR. In either case, PR does not really indicate much anymore, you need to look for quality over PR.

#14 · Posted: 4 Feb 2011 06:41

Willprospector

Will, it sounds like your site got penalized, while this is not particularly normal, it can happen if you start using black hat techniques.

#15 · Posted: 4 Feb 2011 12:29

getagrip:

Keep in mind that the pages you get links from are actually PR0, and will most likely stay that way for awhile. Getting a link from a PR7 page with few other outbound links is sure to increase your PR, but probably would not take a PR0 to a PR5 alone.

#16 · Posted: 15 Feb 2011 11:03

I have some quite high ranking links but I'm just a PR3 so I don't think that can be the case.

#17 · Posted: 16 Feb 2011 11:30

If you wish to increase your pagerank massively in the least possible time, then you need one way .edu backlinks. 1 .edu backlink is the equivalent to 20 .com backlinks. Bare in mind though that you need to build the backlinks slowly over the 3 month period, which is how long google takes to do their main pagerank update. Rushing it and getting too many .edu backlinks in a short period of time will without a doubt have negative affects on your seo.

#18 · Posted: 12 Mar 2011 12:22

well i haven't heard about this before but i don't think this is true, and with the way things are now - it is even more untrue.

Something like that will take a long time to achieve if its a brand new domain.

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first.
Messages not conforming to the forum rules will not be approved or, deleted without any explanation.
Please do not post email addresses. If essential, obfuscate them (user [at] domain.com or something like that).
Please do not apply BOLD to entire post.
Please do not post Titles in all CAPS.

Page loading time (secs): 0.041

Custom Search
Member Ranking · Terms of Use · Privacy Policy · About Us · Contact Us · Support Us · Friends

© 2004-2011 Work at Home Forum. All rights reserved.