10 ways to promote your website

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by sarpras, May 3, 2006.

1. sarpras

sarpras New Member

10 ways to promote your website
    1. Post newsgroups
    2. Press releases
    3. Email to VIPs
    4. Article submission
    5. Reciprocal Links
    6. Forum Posting
    7. Directory submission
    8. Tell everyone with whom you communicate
    9. Post ads to free advertising website
    10. Blogging
  2. jobinfoway

jobinfoway Guest

this is all promoting any new websites. do u hav eany other way to promoting any sites except this 10 ways. then pls share with me

thanking yoy

regards
    Ricky
  3. WhitePhoenix

WhitePhoenix New Member

Offer a contest... they will come...

Business cards in every bit of mail you send out, including bills.

Post flyers on cars in parking lots

Make your site Interactive, if possible. People like to play...
  4. jobinfoway

jobinfoway Guest

Can u give any example in favour your suggestion, i think thats will help me for promoting my websites.

Thanking u
    Ricky
  5. WhitePhoenix

WhitePhoenix New Member

Offer a 'prize' on your site - many people have something like 'Every 20th visitor on my site gets a free... something'. Or design a contest or poll that relates to your work or your product, and then offer a sample or a free product for their input or by just joining in.

I used to run monthly contests on my website, haven't for a while now, but I enjoyed the challenge of coming up with interesting trivia questions and it got to the point where 50 + people were playing each and every month - and I would offer a free item, or special prizes around holiday time, to thank them for visiting and playing.

Or create your own fliers advertising your website or product and tuck them under the windshild wipers in parking lots. Sure, a lot of them will get tossed, but a lot won't.

Offer polls and input/suggestions boxes on your website and make your visitors feel as if they truly have your ears when they comment or suggest something...
  6. ek309

ek309 New Member

That's a very, very good list! The prize idea is really clever as well! In addition to those ideas, I've heard that a direct mailing campaign can be fairly effective. I believe there are services on the web that can serve your needs in a number of ways in order to head your campaign. They vary in price range and of course they take a little bit of work (depending on what you pay), but they have advantages including getting your advertisement physically in the customers' hands.

Eric
  7. WhitePhoenix

WhitePhoenix New Member

ek309 is also correct, but you might want to research your intended target or audience before you do that. And, if you can print up the materials, or at least create the templates from your own home computer, you'll save oodles of money.

It's a shot in the dark though, and may not be worth the time and effort and money you put in to creating brochures or fliers or sell sheets. You might want to start small, like maybe only 100 at first, and see what happens.
  8. ahdsan

ahdsan New Member

I think I want to start a business but do not know how to start. I have a site but no idea how to promote it. This forum has helped me a lot. I think I can start now.
  9. netvalar

netvalar New Member

I like the contest idea, however rather then placing the contest on your website mention it along with anything else you plan to have regularly then put those into a newsletter. Set-up an opt-in newsletter this will give you emails of people who are interested in you and your web-site. Each newsletter make a call to action for them to forward to thier friends. This then will take your newsletter into viral marketing mode. After all who knows people interested in your site better then those who are already interested. Through your newsletter you can run articles of pertinent information within your niche. Big advise is to set-up an autoresponder for the introduction of your newsletter for people who first sign up. Through this process you can start to get ideas from your readers on things they would be interested in thus getting them to help build your interactive community and building a great networking web presence. Just don't get lost in this newsletter area keep yourself moving forward with your primary business focus.
  10. manager2006

manager2006 New Member

- social networking websites,
    - comments others blogs,
    - ezine marketing,
  11. marytoad

marytoad New Member

Thank you...this thread is very interesting!
  12. LifeofEgypt

LifeofEgypt New Member

PPC is the best way to promote your website to atargeted audience.
  13. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

sarpras ten promotion list are great examples of free ways to promote your site but if you must not forget that there are other methods like ppc which do cost some money but can be really effective in getting targeting traffic, however you must do you research before you do step into this field as many lose money because they are just to eager you need to step back and think first.
  14. hnjrivera

hnjrivera New Member

A friend did something one day at work she took about 50 business cards and put them on her car windshield around the edges of the window and when she came back that night she had only 3 left. She also had a message from one man that he was happy to see a new business opp. that way.

So now when I go anyplace in town I think about that and all the potential customers I may lose by not doing that. Its a great way to get people to visit your site and you may get some calls

Hilda
  15. rowley

rowley New Member

You could also try to come up with an interesting 'chain email'. I know some people don't like them and won't forward them, but if it is interesting enough, others will feel compelled to forward it to all their friends, etc. All you need then is a link to your site at the bottom of the chain mail, and see how far around the world it gets.
  16. madnawat

madnawat New Member

I think submitting articles to web ezine is the most effective way of driving direct and indirect traffic to your website. Couple good articles can make hundreds of back links for your website, besides driving visitors on you site.
  17. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

That pertty much sums it up in 10 steps.

If you can master this and do it on a daily and weekely basis, success will be there for you.

Tal
  18. freetesthost

freetesthost New Member

good domain is the best way to promote your website
  19. innominds

innominds New Member

submission of articles is the best way to drive traffic to your website. PPC also works. Social bookmarking sites also can help. I liked the idea of chain mailing rowley!Quoting: rowleyYou could also try to come up with an interesting 'chain email'
  20. sarpras

sarpras New Member

Write unique articles and submit it to blog (guest posting).