2 Affiliates- Same actions- Different results

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by talfighel, May 13, 2010.

1. talfighel Silver Member

Let's see if this makes a whole lot of sense to you.....

So I was watching a website that was just launched and the owner of this website was showing his clickbank account and how much he has been earning there. Now I know for a fact that he has not used any fake screen shots or used photo shop to lie about his earning.

I was looking closely at his daily stats where you can see who made the purchase and their info and I was amazed to see that most of the income that they are earning are re-bills.

The people who show and make at least $1000 per day on clickbank are the same people who promote products that have a monthly recurring fees and that is their main core of income.

Now, if you take the same person or affiliate. Let him promote a ONE time payment products on clickbank, their income would go down a lot because again, it is a ONE time payment and they are not earning any residual income from that.

This is a big mistake that too many affiliates ( My hand is raised) have been making. It is far more effective to promote products on clickbank that have recurring fees attached to them.

So if you take 2 affiliates. They do the same marketing but affiliate #1 offers a ONE time payment product and affiliate #2 offer a recurring monthly payment product, who do you think will benefit the most in the future?

Of course it is affiliate #2 that you want to be.

While affiliate #1 still makes money, he is not using the huge income potential that he has with offering a recurring fee products.

Does this make any sense?

Hope this helps.

Tal
  2. CarrieLyn Guest

Hey Tal,

Yes, this makes perfect sense. You would also want to look at the conversions on the 2 products.

Most people are more willing to purchase a product that has a one time charge than a recurring charge so with that in mind, as an internet marketer, you should have a mix of products available for your customers.

This way you're not losing out on your prospects who are more comfortable with a one time purchase and you're still able to capitalize on the ones that like the products with the reoccurring charge.

Great advice on choosing products to promote that offer you (the marketer) income on an ongoing basis! That can definitely improve your cash flow. [IMG]
  3. ericsquest New Member

It makes perfect sense!

One thing I like to do is to try and get the potential customer on my list prior to sending them over to the Clickbank "one time sale" page.

This way I can continue to suggest other products that might help them out and improve my chances for getting multiple sales from a buyer even though I initially sent them to a non recurring offer. [IMG]
  4. vinnyqua New Member

I would just continue to build relationships with your list. They will trust you even years down the road.
  5. A8ch Gold Member

talfighel: Does this make any sense?
    It makes perfect sense!

CarrieLyn: Most people are more willing to purchase a product that has a one time charge than a recurring charge so with that in mind, as an internet marketer, you should have a mix of products available for your customers.
    That makes perfect sense too!

ericsquest: One thing I like to do is to try and get the potential customer on my list prior to sending them over to the Clickbank "one time sale" page.

This way I can continue to suggest other products that might help them out and improve my chances for getting multiple sales from a buyer even though I initially sent them to a non recurring offer.
    That's a smart move!

vinnyqua: I would just continue to build relationships with your list. They will trust you even years down the road.
    That's critical to generating income over the long term.

Put them all together and you've got a formula for perpetual success!

Hermas
  6. Is there anyone here making more money with re-bills on clickbank?

I am not a Clickbank lover but would like to find out more about the re-bill programs.
  7. Ringerdad New Member

So much to learn here. Thank You Everyone.
    Off to Clickbank to find some re-bills.
    Jamie
  8. Teddy New Member

Would a mix of re-bills and once off payments also not make sense. There are some good percentage once off payments that can earned on ClickBank while the re-bills work in the backround. Best of both worlds?
    Teddy.
  9. chucks New Member

talfighel: It is far more effective to promote products on clickbank that have recurring fees attached to them.
    I'm definitely with you on that one!

Thanks for sharing,

To your success,
    Chucks
  10. yasser New Member

pretty nice concept [IMG]
  11. cjmo75 Guest

I think fluctuations are going to occur simply because each affiliate may be using different techniques to drive traffic, meaning one affiliate might have more targeted traffic than the other. Even thought they are promoting the same way, the results would vary.
  12. happywife Gold Member

Very good observations here. I came to that conclusion myself in a rather round about way.

I wanted to try and find a way to create a reoccurring payment for one of my existing established sites. I didn't find a clickbank product to promote that related to my niche, so I decided to create something myself.

For my candy site I'm developing kind of like a membership program for home based candy sellers to sell their products on my site for a monthly fee.

I already have the targeted traffic, but I don't have time to make and ship products myself. I thought this would be a win-win situation.

If everything goes as planned, I'll be launching this new service in a matter of weeks - fingers crossed. I'm really excited about the possibilities.

I completely agree that reoccurring income has a lot to commend it.

Blessings,
    Angie
  13. talfighel Silver Member

Teddy: Would a mix of re-bills and once off payments also not make sense. There are some good percentage once off payments that can earned on ClickBank while the re-bills work in the backround. Best of both worlds?
    Teddy.
    Teddy,

If you promote both ways then that is also a very good idea.

I have a few re-bills on clickbank and it is great. Would like to have more of course.

Tal
  14. Dennis Anthony New Member

talfighel
    Tal,

Have you been promoting the 're-bills' long enough to get an idea for the 'longevity' -or 'lifespan' of your customers?

That would be interesting data...
    To see how long the customer allows the re-bill -and what that product or service is.

The latter being confidential of course. But I would be fascinated to learn the lifespan of your re-bill customers in general.

Best
    ~Dennis