2 Most Important Books You'll Ever Read

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by Margo Tuul, Jun 23, 2010.

1. lisafox

lisafox Guest

Thanks for sharing the names and links for all the books to be read. Read one till now 'Think & grow rich'. Will read all one by one.

2. weebitty

weebitty Member

Just thought I would put this excerpt from Steve Seibold here on his new book: Maybe it will help someone with their mindset?
    I haven't read the book myself I guess it just came out. But since we were talking about books and if anyone is familiar with him? Maybe this is another good one. [​IMG]

"After studying millionaires for 26 years, I can state with authority that their biggest advantage is their focus, dedication and hard work. While on the surface this seems self evident, the hard work I'm referencing is not back breaking toil. Hard work to the rich is applying relentless thought day after day to solve seemingly unsolvable problems. The rich know their most valuable asset is their ability to think, and because they use their mental powers so often, they become very good at it."
    --Steve Siebold, author, How Rich People Think

3. Justine

Justine New Member

Thanks for starting this topic. I love reading books, especially inspirational ones and Napoleon Hill is one of my favorite[​IMG]
    I have just downloaded the Roger Hamilton one and I'm curious about it.

Here are two more books which I position in the top 5 I have ever read:
    Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Ran and Influence by Robert Cialdini.

Incredible books about people, their reactions and reason why they do certain things[​IMG]

4. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Multiple Streams of Income by Robert Allen
    Just remember the title and you'll always have a money source.
    The book is full of marketing ideas but the focus is to have multiple sources of income.
    That way if one business goes sour you still have a dozen more income sources.

Think and Grow Rich was one of my early favorites I sold audio books of.

Last year on my blog I posted a page titled:
    "Think and Grow Poor, Act and Grow Rich"
    It got tweeted by a reader which gave me tons of free traffic.

5. IMBusinessGuide

IMBusinessGuide New Member

margo24: Anyway, 2 books:

Think and Grow Rich, by Napoleon Hill.

http://www.soilandhealth.org/03sov/0304spiritpsych/030413.Hill.Think.and.Grow.Rich.pdf This is more complicated book but really really good.

Wink and Grow Rich by Roger Hamilton. This book is a MUST. You need to read it, to understand who you are, and what you are doing. I was thinking that i know what im doing, im focused etc. Until i got this book, spent 7 hours reading it. Drawing pictures and making notes. And when it hit me...i realized, i did so many things wrong. Wasted my time, money, not even knowing who i am. Or where i want to be.

It will help you to be wealthy in all areas.
    Link is here: http://www.ziddu.com/download/3298760/Roger_Hamilton_Wink_and_Grow_Rich.pdf.html

Just enter CAPTCHA and you have it. Please read it.

Let me know what do you think. I recommend reading second book Wink and Grow first, otherwise Think and Grow will sound like a big mess.

This is short overview what kind of man Roger Hamilton is.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgIrow7OoYI&feature=related

this will help too, if you are too lazy to read a book.
    Great choices! I think a great companion to these books and any other books where any form of success is the end result is "The Slight Edge" by Jeff Olson. Another good read is Stephen Covey's "The 7 Habits of Highly Successful People".

Thanks for sharing!

6. mreese601

mreese601 Member

The book that change my life if Rich dad poor dad by Robert Kiyosaki
    I'm reading Awaken the Giant Within by Anthony Robbins it's pretty good..

7. bhuff85

bhuff85 New Member

Think and Grow Rich is great. It's good for reference when you need a refresher every now and then.

Another MUST read book that I highly recommend (I just finished this up the other day) is "Write It Down - Make It Happen". It's an excellent book for those who have trouble meeting various goals, both short and long term. If you need a boost, get that book. Well worth it [​IMG]

8. paulb1

paulb1 New Member

I am in the process of reading "Think and Grow Rich for the second time. It really resonates with me, and I highly recommend this awesome book to anyone seeking a better way of living. I will keep reading this book until I have read it a minimum of 20 times. Another awesome book is "As a Man Thinketh" by James Allen, it is a must read.
    Thanks for Sharing

9. McNicholas

McNicholas New Member

chris: How to Have Power and Confidence in Dealing With People"(Leslie Giblin
    The technique how to get 100% cooperation alone is worth the price of this book. In fact, I feel that it would be impossible to read any part of this great book without benefiting.This is a great book. Highly recommended.

10. WAH Mom

WAH Mom New Member

I love these 2 books and many of the others that people wrote about. Great thread.

11. SocialMediaWAHM

SocialMediaWAHM New Member

I am downloading Wink now... thanks for the info.

12. itzjoe85

itzjoe85 New Member

Great advice, I was recently recommended Magic of thinking big by dr. schwartz, anyone read it? reviews?

13. capitalj

capitalj New Member

All these books are good but the best book you can read to help you is the Bible, (i never hear nobody mention the Bible) it has all the elements that you need and in most cases it's a lot cheaper... to be honest a lot of these guys have gotten their information from this source (or some other source like it) and just put their own spin on it. It's always good to get someone else opinion as well but the Bible works for me, you get a lot more than just a few topics with the Bible, you get relationship help, finances, how to treat people and yourself, it's not just about being a christian, it has a lot of great elements that you can apply to your business, personal, everyday life... just thought i will mention this good post.

14. aniket

aniket New Member

odlanor9: I'd also recommend reading Psycho Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz - Amazing book on improving your self-image
    I have read most of the books mentioned in this thread but Psycho Cybernatics by Maxwell Maltz has significantly changed my life.The concepts in this are very practical and easy to digest.

Rich Dad Poor Dad changed the way I thought about money.

I would like to add one more book to the list "The monk who sold his ferrari" by Robin Sharma.I stumbled across this book accidently but it fired in me the interest to read self help book..

To your success

Kind Regards
    Aniket

15. nickv_uk

nickv_uk New Member

Thank you for all these useful suggestions.

In the course of searching for these titles I came across:

learnoutloud & thereamikegriffen both sites have classic self help texts available for free, some as mp3s.

Nickv

16. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Just2EZ: Think and Grow Rich was one of my early favorites I sold audio books of.

That was on cassette tapes by the way, long before CDs came out.[​IMG]

Had the pleasure of watching Greg Reid live today at CEO Space.
    For those who don't know, he wrote 3 Feet From Gold
    It is the modern day Think and Grow Rich sequel from the Napoleon Hill Foundation.
    Greg interviewed some of the most successful business creators living today.
    Today I got a glimpse of the coming sequel called "Stickability"
    What a treat to learn from some of the greatest who share so freely.
    If you liked Think and Grow Rich you should enjoy both of Greg Reid's new books.
    I almost forgot the earlier class with Bob Circosta (HSN founder) after Greg's presentation.

Friday morning I get to be inspired by Berny Dohrmann then David Stanley.
    You can watch it free on LiveStream if you can't be there in person (Vegas).
    What a great week of LEarning to Earn it has been, still is.
    It's all about co-operation instead of competition.
    Blessings to all.
    jimmy

17. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Just2EZ: Friday morning I get to be inspired by Berny Dohrmann then David Stanley.
    Inspired is an understatement!
    Funny I posted this last night on "2 Most Important Books" thread,
    David said the 2 books most important to Elvis (his step-brother) were:
    The Bible and "The Impersonal Life", both of which have shaped my life and attitude.
    Tomorrow is the pre-release of David's new book "Conversations with the King".
    Official release is on Elvis' birthday, Jan. 8th.
    It is about Elvis' personal religious struggle.
    A powerful and moving story to be sure.
    No one was closer to Elvis than David.

18. I like your blog post title: Think and Grow Poor, Act and Grow Rich! Really true. [​IMG]

I read that book a long time ago. I also used to read Tony Robbins, I liked Awaken the Giant Within. I haven't heard anything about him any more.

19. tmvmediaworks

tmvmediaworks New Member

"Science of getting rich" by wallace d. wattles

and "Richest man in babylon" by George Samuel Clason

are absolute classics!!!

Easy, fast reads but VERY good simple and easy to understand information.

Oh and "who moved my cheese" Spencer Johnson is another great one.

20. BabyStepsMama

BabyStepsMama New Member

Wow, great shares everyone!

Thank you.

I have found some great downloads in the Android market, my local library has audiobooks online too, your should too.

My Fav are Dale Carnagies Lifetime Plan for Success.