3 basic things you should know to start profitable home based business

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by alexishost, May 6, 2010.

1. alexishost New Member

1. Register domain name
    Take a look your ideas and do some reasearch on keyword. use word tracker to get you started on this. then register you domain name

2. Hosting
    Pick your reliable hosting provider that provide you enough room to grow and supportive at the same time

3. Design
    There are 3 option to design your site
    1. do it your self. Learn html and desing
    2. Hire web designer to do the work for you
    Make sure you know have cretera and ideas how your sites look like
    3. Use themes with many adds on.
  2. FreeCashMan Active Member

Are these actually basic things to know? I think there may be several other things to start with such as:

Establishing a mind set for success, by reading self improvement books, etc.

Knowing that commitment and consistency is what pays off and you have to have to understand it's not an overnight get rich formula.

Understanding marketing techniques and strategies for success.
  3. ryanbiddulph New Member

I'd agree with both of your comments.

Think personal development and practical. Enter the game of entrepreneurship with the proper mindset and it becomes easier to use the practical tools. Place yourself above the competition by thinking creatively.

It takes the proper mix of planning and mental preparation but with time you can run a thriving home based business.
  4. ericsquest New Member

Well put Ryan. I didn't start seeing the success I am seeing now, until I changed my mindset and starting setting some goals. Once I had a plan of action to focus on, everything started to fall into place.
  5. BRobins New Member

Yeah a lot of it is mindset. And the most important thing to remember is that it isn't easy to make money from home. There are no get rich quick schemes, however if you find something legitimate and you put in a little effort it can become quite easy.
  6. enspyrdinc Guest

My list for starting a profitable home based business would be quite different. And it wouldn't necessarily require a domain name, hosting, or a web design.

Lot's of companies would supply you with a website, but even that wouldn't necessarily be required.

My top three might include a business plan, some marketing education, and a good mentor who has experience in the business field you have chosen.
  7. Flipper New Member

I don't think they are the 3 basic things to start a business. You have to know what type of business you want to do first (so why need a domain name).

Most people are looking to make extra money to pay the bills (so why would they want to pay for hosting) 99% of people starting out would not have even thought about hosting or probanly know what it is.

Design what most people don't even know what they are going to be selling never mind how there website is going to look like.

I am sorry but these things are way down the list of things to do first my advice to people would check round the forums of the things they might be interested in first to see if it is for them.

As making money online is not for everyone and if anyone or product tells you that you will be a millionaire overnight for doing very little work they are having a laugh or the product is a scam.
  8. A8ch Gold Member

This is quite an interesting discussion offering divergent but valid points of view.

In my opinion, if there were 3 absolute basic things to starting a profitable home based business, it assumes that everyone is beginning from the same place, with the same resources, mindset, objectives, abilities and expectations. That's never the case.

For that reason, the 3 basics would be different for different people; would be determined by their particular set of circumstances, and would include all of the points made so far in this thread.

Hermas