5 ways to generate lead from a blog

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by vivek mehrotra, Aug 6, 2015 at 1:55 PM.

1. vivek mehrotra

vivek mehrotra New Member

Hey Guys, just listened to an audio tape, and I learned something which I want to share with you :)

These are 5 ways to generate leads using your blog/website

1. Call to action- at the end of the article, just tell people what to do. Put your capture page, or opt-in page and tell them to click. Offer some free stuff, anything of value to the reader- free ebook, training bootcamp, video series.

2. Sidebar opt-in form- on the right/left side- you can actually put a form, with a very short ad-copy, and space for the person to put their name and email. In the article, you can actually tell them to opt in.

3. Top header- at the very top, some bloggers put buttons like “home” “contact me” “make money online” – here you can also put a button which leads to your capture page. eg- “free XYS training” – the person would click this and this button would take them to the capture page.

4. Banner ads- banners are like the monsters in the world of marketing and advertising. Put attractive and compelling banners, inside the article, outside the article, everywhere you can think of. (Caution- don’t make your blog look spammy by putting the banner everywhere, 1-2 places is ok. )

5. Exit Gate- when the viewer leaves your blog, this exit gate can popup and say something like- “7 foods to avoid because they are too toxic” or something, depending on your niche/market.
    This is really effective. If your content is good, people are more likely to opt in.

A8ch and payment proof like this.
  2. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Great advice. Blogs are a great way to get the word out, make calls to action, and they are so easy to monetize. :)

3. jeffreysloe

jeffreysloe Member

Thanks for posting these tips. However, I can't stand the "exit gate". It may be an effective marketing technique, but to me it's annoying. Whenever I encounter a site/blog with a popup like that, I make a mental note to never go back. When I'm leaving a site, it's because I'm not interested in what they are selling.

Those popups (exit gates) remind me of a pushy salesperson following me to the front door, and maybe even out of the store, to give one last sales pitch. If I was interested in their product and/or price, I would have made a purchase. When I visit a store (online or offline) it's because I'm looking to buy something if the price is right and it's what I'm looking for. I DO NOT need to be sold.

A8ch and Just2EZ like this.
  4. vivek mehrotra

vivek mehrotra New Member

I cannot disagree with it. Great opinion, I sometimes feel it too!
    I just feel its WAY better than "Welcome Gates" which some blogs have.
    They irritate me :)

Just2EZ likes this.