7 Steps to Achieving Your Dreams

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by Vanessa Deifel, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Vanessa Deifel

Vanessa Deifel New Member

1. Don' wait until the situation is perfect. No matter how or when you see it, there will always be a something to make you think again.
    2. Don't wait until other people agree with you. There will always be opposition. If you wait for consensus from important people in your life you will never start.
    3. Don't wait until your skill is up to par. You might think that you need to possess good skills before you start doing something. The truth is you will learn much more by doing and honing your skillls than by waiting.
    4. Believe in your dream. This is essential to get the motivation you need to achieve it.. Deep down inside you know whether or not you can and will achieve your dream. Is the dream worth pursuing and worth putting your heart into?
    5. Visualize your drea. Can you imagine - in detail - what your world will look like when you achieve your dream? What does that dream house look like down to the tinest detail? What will you do with your extra time? Visualizing your dream will energize you because you can see how your world and that of your family and friends will change for the better.
    6. Expect a hard way ahead. Achieving your dream is not impossible, but it is defintely not easy. Having the right expectations from the beginning will keep you from being suprised and losing heart when you encounter obstacles along the way.
    7. Take one bite at a time. Dream big!! But don't be overwhelmed. Think about something small you can do today, somethingyou can do within one week. "When eating an elephant take one bite at a time."

CKC, florbags, Vishal P. Rao and 3 others like this.
  2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Welcome to the forum, Vanessa.

Thanks for your insightful, informative and inspiring post.

Every now and then we need to be reminded of the little things that should be at the forefront of our consciousness, to help us redefine our perspective and light the way.

Hermas

Vanessa Deifel likes this.
  3. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Love the post Vanessa. I agree. You have to go after what you want. Chances are the situation will never be perfect and at least some people will tell you that you can't.

4. Erica Martin

Erica Martin New Member

Excellent tips, especially number 7 - even if you don't have a lot of time in your day, it's always possible to find a little time to work on your dreams - get up earlier, or give up something you enjoy doing. For me, that means getting up at 5:00 in the morning so I can work a little bit on my ebook before I start working for the day.

5. florbags

florbags Member

Thanks for sharing this, Vanessa. I totally agree with number 5. Specificity is the key.

These days, practicality defeats dreams. Because of that, a lot of people in our industry have decided to quit and went back to their day jobs and then complain all over again. Some people are just too weak to achieve their dreams. How sad.

6. Donnell Nixon

Donnell Nixon New Member

Vanessa you are awesome. You just nail it every time. I definitely enjoy reading your posts. :)

7. CKC

CKC New Member

Awesome! That is exactly what I needed to read right now - thank you soo much! :)

8. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

The problem is that too many people are waiting for the time to be just right. It will never be that way so you need to get started with what ever your situation is.

If you wait, you will wait forever.

Good stuff Vanessa.

Just2EZ likes this.
  9. closerjim

closerjim Active Member

Great post....

What it boils down to is putting "teeth" into the Law of Attraction.

The "teeth" are work --- belief in yourself and your dream --- refusal to quit
    or "change your mind" because "after thinking about it" you feel the dream
    or goal "isn't that important ... really."

Really?

How about managing your expectations, so that you will KEEP WORKING.

The Universe isn't broke or short on supply.

Don't cheat yourself out of the greatest life you could ever have just because
    you got impatient.

Make it happen ..... don't sit by and hope it will happen.

Great stuff on this forum.... thanks!

payment proof likes this.
  10. Robin Bull

Robin Bull Member

Great steps. It is important to believe in our own success. We can't wait for perfect support or circumstances...those things don't always materialize.