A 1st Timer Please get me started

Discussion in 'Wealthy Affiliate' started by Kieran, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Kieran

Kieran New Member

[​IMG]Hi Folks this is my 1st post so be kind!
    Can anyone give the Dummys guide to a few questions.
    (1) How do you find sites that pay for referals.
    (2) How do you find out how much they pay
    (3) How do you get paid(I do not have a paypal account as yet)
    (4) With Adwords is there a good PPC amount to start off with
    (5) Any other Simple Advice you can give me to get started
    I am computer literate but far from expericened.
    I apolige in advance if these are really stupid questions, but I just do not know the answers.
    Thanks
    Kieran

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Welcome Kieran and remember the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. [​IMG]

I am not an affiliate of WA so am not sure what exactly you are asking with a few of your questions, but am sure someone will stop by soon..... so hang tight. [​IMG]

As far as sites that have affiliate programs, Clickbank is my favorite. They have a ton of products that you can promote - they are all eproducts, though and all the details are there as far as what each company pays, etc... they pay by check or once you have been with them long enough they will pay by direct deposit.

Adwords is really tricky - I personally don't mess with it yet, myself! I like to use free methods. But keep studying WA and what they offer and I do believe they have a forum there as well where you can learn specific stuff...

Good luck and glad to have you around.

[​IMG]

3. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

Hi Kieran,

Welcome to the forum, I'll try to answer you.
    1 & 2 : I think you can get it at the site. They would provide that information on the site right?
    3. Check if they can pay by cheque or you can make your paypal account. It's easy.
    4: It had been mention by mountainmom5
    5: why don't you try affiliate marketing? or paid survey by me hehe [​IMG]

4. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

Clickbank, Commission Junction, Paydotcom

All listed in the sites

By Check or you can create a free paypal account.

Not advisable for newbies.

Let me share my experience with you. I started adwords when i bought my first ebook. They only covered a bit of adwords and gave you examples on how to use adwords using the adwords templates they gave to you. Then i tried it out, and found that all the people who bought this particular ebook are using the same adwords templates and keywords given. I started my adwords campaign and spent around $30, and my adwords account wasn't pulling any sales. So i lost my $30.

After that, i realised adwords itself can be a major subject by itself.

Read up more on adwords if you are keen to learn adwords.

Try out no cost business like affiliate marketing if you don't have any budget.

5. gridellas

gridellas New Member

Just remember when you pick a product try to promote something you are interested in. If you don't believe that the product is good then you will have a hard time getting other people to believe it is good. [​IMG]

6. lilmama0500

lilmama0500 New Member

I have purchased a few affiliate marketing ebooks but cannot get the hang of how things work. most of them are vague at best about where you go and what to do. How do you find products? how do you market products and how much extra does it all cost. I know its not just me not understanding, because I am a college graduate and about to finish my BA, so I am far from unintelligent. If someone can tell me the meat and potatos of how one make money with affiliate marketing and what and where to go and do, I would greatly appreciate it, Thank you

Wendy

PS the most recent ebook I purchased was The underground cash system. I also purchased supposidly a product web site and a months worth of advertising but cannot locate my web site anywhere, weird. But any advice you can offer would be wonderful, thanks

7. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Wendy,

There are a lot of ebooks you can purchase that really aren't going to get you very far, as you've already learned.

But, at the same time, it would take far more than a forum post to explain all the ins and outs of how to build an online business with affiliate marketing.

What helped me tremendously when I was getting started was reading the free Affiliate Marketing course available below. I'm a college graduate, too, but internet marketing was an entirely new concept and skill, so I needed step by step instructions also.

When I read that free course, I "got it" about what is involved and then purchased the SiteBuildIt (SBI) package to implement it all in the easiest possible step by step fashion.

Simplified, here's what you do...

1. Chose a niche topic that interests you.
    2. Do keyword research to determine the supply and demand of the topic and the exact words and phrases that people are using to search for information on your topic.
    3. Build a website full of informative content about that topic (but build them to be search engine friendly).
    4. After you start getting some traffic (about 20-30 visitors per day) start adding affiliate links.

- You find affiliate products by searching in the affiliate networks like Commission Junction, Linkshare, etc., or doing a search in Google using a phrase like "barbie dolls + affiliate" (without the quotes) to find available affiliate programs.

5. Continue to build more quality content.
    6. Add Google Adsense ads to your site to bring in additional income.
    7. Continue to build more quality content.
    8. Build some links back to your site by submitting your site to directories, posting in forums, writing articles, etc.
    9. Continue to build more quality content.

Eventually, when you feel that your site is firmly established, you can start on another niche topic and do it all over again.

Yes, it's a lot of work. But it is very rewarding and challenging. I actually find it "fun." [​IMG]

It's not fast money, though. The sooner you learn that there isn't much that is "fast money" online the better off you'll be. The only way that I've heard of that can make money fast online is to get involved in PPC, but you have to have a good bit of money to start with and then you have to be VERY good at it - most people aren't.

Hope that helps.
    Blessings,
    Angie

8. samda

samda Member

Kieran: Hi Folks this is my 1st post so be kind!
    Can anyone give the Dummys guide to a few questions.
    I am computer literate but far from expericened.
    I apolige in advance if these are really stupid questions, but I just do not know the answers.
    Thanks
    Kieran
    1) Search for affiliate link in the website.
    2) They must have this in their affiliate members page.
    3) Same answer as 2
    4) I would recommend $20. But again there are lot of factors. Niche, your returns, ability etc.,
    5) Read, read and apply.

All the best !
    Sam

9. katemash

katemash New Member

In addition to Clickbank, Paydotcome and JC, you also use a lot of other websites to promote their products, for example, 7dollarsoffers.com , their products cost at most $7 so there may be more chance people would buy them. Ebay and Amazon affiliate program are also good.
    The easy way is that you only go to a product website and look for the affiliate link.
    Adwords may be a bit expensive for beginners, I still consider it expensive even for myself, because all the related keywords are mostly taken and bidded for a very high price.
    And easy and simple advice to start with is to start up your own blog, get a cheap domain name and try to find a low competition keywords. You can put affiliate link or Google Adsense on it.

Good luck! [​IMG]

10. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

You can become an affiliate of any online dating site, just type in the name of the company followed by the word affiliate into google and ta da, there you have it. Single people will always be in the world and they usually don't want to stay single.