A key reason people don't succeed in their home business

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by FreeCashMan, Jul 21, 2011.

1. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Have you ever heard the saying "it's a numbers game?" Well that's the bottom line when it comes to succeeding in your home business. I heard a millionaire home business person say yesterday the reason a person doesn't succeed is that they don't do the numbers.

It's a simple process to succeeding in your home business. You must be doing enough marketing to have a person become a prospect and then a referral/sale. Marketing requires you to have a lot of people see your message, then a certain percentage of them request more information and take a full review of what you offer, and then a certain percentage of them decide to join you or make a purchase. That's the process, and it's simply a numbers game to get results.

Get your marketing going and going, like the Energize Bunny, and you will do your numbers and should have no problem seeing success and profits in your home businses. Spend time learning effective marketing techniques and strategies and then get about the business of marketing to masses to get your numbers done and your business cashflowing.

You can succeed in working from home but you must work your numbers and that just means you must put in the marketing to get the results you desire.

To your success.
  2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

FreeCashMan: You can succeed in working from home but you must work your numbers and that just means you must put in the marketing to get the results you desire.

Great advice! And as you proceed to "work your numbers" you should also keep in mind another saying, "quality over quantity." This way you maximize your efforts and accelerate your results.

Hermas
  3. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

That makes so much sense. The numbers are very important.

If you take one guy who is spending let's say $200 on Google Adwords per day (Average $0.20+- per click) and is making $500 in gross income for that day then these are good numbers.

Take another guy who is only spending $10 on adwords and is promoting the same product and the same ad that person number one uses, you know that it is all about the numbers.

People don't understand that it takes money to make money and when you spend the most each day with the right bids, then you will make more money then others who are probably are struggling.

OK, am I making any sense?
  4. mreese601

mreese601 Member

Great Post their freecashman! If you running any type of business it's all a numbers game. Some will, some want, some is waiting. Know your numbers and you can scale it up to how much money you want to make.
  5. FreeCashMan

True many that are new need to just get 1-2 marketing things going consistency. Too many people quit just as the moment is starting.
    We are all in a rush for success, but you can't rush goodness.

We stand in front of a microwave trying to make it heat food faster, and it doesn't. Same with marketing one's biz for success. Apply the marketing methods that produce results and the prosperity shall arrive.
  6. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

I think of it like posting signs for a garage sale, the more signs you have on more corners, the more people will come by to your location. [​IMG]
  7. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Quality over quantity is definitely the priority, but quantity is important too as a secondary boost to your income earning potential. Getting the right balance out of my marketing hours is my current challenge, keeping both in mind.

Blessings,
    Angie
  8. FreeCashMan

Some times quality has to be squeezed out of quantity. One has to test marketing sources and methods to see what can work from being consistent. Too often home biz people, particularly new ones or those that have long struggled, seek a one hit marketing wonder. Even the best of marketing or lead sources can have dips, ebbs and flows. That's why it important to understand consistency is the driving force for results.
  9. trishpartyka

trishpartyka New Member

FreeCashMan
    I think that we should all keep in mind that making money online can be more of a marathon than a sprint. I believe in consistency with working 1-2 different marketing strategies and patience.
  10. FreeCashMan

trishpartyka: can be
    ...is the operative word.

A combination of online and offline-direct response marketing such as postcards and have people making money in weeks with a good list, good leads, and simple process of directing people to the presentation.

I refer no less than 3 people a month to my biz just from forum marketing and have been doing so for 5 years straight. I've shown others key ways to do it for success but I can't make them apply it.

Bottom line is people need to go to work on their biz and get that money they want to make, the same way they would if they worked at McDonalds earning "pennies" for their time and effort.

Investing money in the proven marketing methods and doing so
  11. options247

options247 New Member

What a great post. It doesn't take long for any prospective marketer to realize it's not as easy as it sounds.
  12. printisnotdead

printisnotdead New Member

You bring up some very valid points FreeCashMan. I don't think a lot of people fully understand just how much work you have to put into a home business. A lot of people I've met think it's easy and stress-free, which is simply not the case.
  13. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

It is a numbers game and it takes a commitment. Sort of like the advice I give to online daters. Join the site for a year. Commit to the process and start dating. It's a numbers game and it's likely to take a year to find your match. Same with internet marketing, you won't find your match or your path to success with your first attempt. Don't give up if the first date bombs, don't give up if you don't see large amounts of money from the beginning.
  14. Kyle_K

Kyle_K Member

I am new to this, and I can see right from the start that this is a marathon and not a sprint. You have to always keep your eye on the prize.
  15. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

It's taken me 3 years! It has so been worth it so any newbies reading this, don't give up. If I can do it, anyone can do it. I didn't know anything but how to operate my email when I started this.
  16. esmconcepts

esmconcepts New Member

There are many good points brought up concerning the main topic of this post.

I'm sure the reason's individuals fail at a home business venture number in the thousands. The reasons for success can be narrowed down to just a few.

??? Not choosing a business market you are truly committed to for the long run.
    ??? It's a marathon, not a sprint.
    ??? It's taken me 3 years!
    ??? Quality over quantity.
    ??? It takes money (and time) to make money.
    ??? It's a numbers game.

There was a time when the idea of: if it's in print, it must be true.
    Today, the concepts of; make a $1000 your first week, no work involved! Are cleverly marketed and do get the hits by newbie marketers.

These get rich quick schemes can be found in local papers and flyers, as well as the internet. Many startup business plans go awry by perceiving this to be true or only requiring little effort.

I guess this is part of the learning experience for any business venture. It is a numbers game, but some are negative numbers. You pay for college and you pay for experience.

Steve
  17. robledo1

robledo1 New Member

Great stuff.

Reminds me of that old saying: "The road to success is always under construction."

You just can't give up.
  18. MlmDm

MlmDm New Member

Hi,
    I would like to set some goals. What I want to achieve results in this job? Things are simple: if you have goals, and if you're willing to do whatever it takes, you must succeed. Of course, you can not stop [​IMG]
  19. Greatwoman

Greatwoman New Member

I agree with all the contributors. In my opinion, I think a good reason people fail is because they don't believe enough in the company. Before you join any opportunity, make sure you believe both in the products and the opportunity. If you can market your opportunity or products to your family members or those you love without a guilty conscience, then the opportunity is a good one. If you feel a twinge of guilty conscience when marketing to family,because you know the products or opportunity is overhyped, and you feel bad for deceiving them, then you're in the wrong company.
  20. miller111

miller111 New Member

They think it's too easy to earn staggering sum of money. Ppl expect to acquire money without any efforts. To my mind this is the main mistake.