A key reason people don't succeed in their home business

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by FreeCashMan, Jul 21, 2011.

1. mreese601

mreese601 Member

That's what it really is about! Numbers! You need to know you numbers and it will make your marketing easy! Test, tweak, test, tweak until you find that winning combo that you can when with.
  2. CoastalProfit

CoastalProfit New Member

Ina, You seem to have what it takes! I love your involvement in here! Keep up the great work! Don't ever give up!
  3. tkyles1009

tkyles1009 Member

Nicely said! I can relate personally I know at first I was thinking driving traffic is impossible and I was just wishing I could click my heels together three times and have sign ups and sales:)

If only I knew how wrong I could be. It takes time, hard work, and dedication to become successful
  4. Ina Stanley

Ina Stanley Member

Thanks Claudette! And I completely agree tkyles, it takes a LOT of hard work and dedication. I have a little story to share which I hope can inspire others to keep at it.

It has been just about a month since I started this new venture, though I was working on the web presence for it long before I joined. I have had some completely dead days where NOTHING is happening and felt very tempted to just laze around and not work because no one was visiting the website or responding to my advertising anyway.

What a trap that is! Instead of giving in to the laziness, I forced myself to use those days to get as much content & SEO work done as possible (writing up and scheduling blog posts and tweets, tweaking content, commenting on forums and related blogs etc.). I've used a tool called Marketing Grader (created by an awesome company called Hubspot) that scored my website and web presence based on several different factors. It's not the grade I want, but now I have something visual I can see to guide my actions every day and keep me focused on the goal of improving my website and web presence. Now I can use these dead days more effectively and efficiently. After all, I've got an open window where I'm not being interrupted by the phone or emails or live chat. Logically, dead days should be our most productive days!

I am now starting to see the fruits of my labor from some of the dead days I've had so far. I've been receiving the kind of traffic that is leading to phone calls and even some sign-ups. It's still not where I want it to be, but it's on its way and I couldn't be happier about that!

So, when you're not busy with customers is when you should be busiest with your marketing and improvement efforts. It may not feel at the time like it'll pay off, but it truly does if you're doing the right things while you have the time. If anyone feels like they have failed or are failing at getting their home businesses up and running, consider this....what have you done to create a targeted improvement plan for yourself? How have you chosen the tasks you're doing each day for your business? If you don't know or don't have a plan, I encourage you to check out that Marketing Grader tool from Hubspot (you can just do a Google search for "marketing grader Hubspot" and it'll come up). I takes you through all 3 funnels of your marketing and shows you where you stand and what you can improve on. That can give you a list of the tasks you should be working on each day. You can also compare your own site to 2 other competitors to get more ideas and see where you stand in the market. If you're going to do the comparison, I suggest choosing the top 2 according to Google's search results. After all, you should focus on learning from those who are in the positions you want to be in, right?

Try it, it's enlightening and very helpful. Even if you think you've gotten everything figured out and covered for your web presence there is ALWAYS something you can do to improve, therefore improving your chances for success!
  5. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

I love what I do! I don't recruit, although I did recently join something that requires me to, it's not what I do all the time and is just incidental, I only joined because it only cost $1.00 and has a $5,000.00 per month potential. Most of my time is spent training people and running my website. Working on the blog and things like that. It's very enjoyable and we make money. There's nothing to complain about!
  6. miller111

miller111 New Member

I think that Ina summed up all things clearly:)
  7. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

It's easy to make things complicated, the key so success is to find something that works and then do it over and over again. If you're trying to make a website successful then you need to learn every way there is to drive traffic to your site and keep doing it. Never stop.