A newbie Need advice

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Bryan1995, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Bryan1995

Bryan1995 New Member

Hi everyone
    My name is Bryan I'm 19 years old and I'm new in this forum and the world of working from home.

Since a couple of month ago i begin to think about making extra income so I decided to search online for a good job that i can do and make me gain some money
    So my questions are
    1/Is there really jobs that make you earn more then 500$ per month and what's the best jobs online that make you earn this amount.
    2/I have experience with helping people with technical issue (like a Windows error or games that doesn't function correctly or cell phones) is there any work like that (technical assistant or something )
    3/And what's you guys proposing me to do.

payment proof likes this.
  2. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

It really depends what your skills are and what exactly you are looking for...

There is however definitely no quick way to make money online.

3. Bryan1995

Bryan1995 New Member

Hi and thanks for the replay
    well I like helping people with there technical problem (windows issue,cell phones..etc) .
    and I'm open minded at any suggestion

4. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

If you go to Elance.com, you can find jobs that you can do for others for a fee.

If you come across survey or data entry jobs, just know that they are both a scam.

You can also, if you want to start some sort of a business online, get into affiliate marketing.

5. recruiter1

recruiter1 Banned

Their are so many options and the work from home business market is expanding rapidly with most businesses now online.
    I would advise you to find that job doing something you enjoy doing, its so much easier.

Good Luck on your job search..

6. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

I'd advise starting with free ways to make money. Affiliate marketing may be one option. I started out trying a number of different things and fell into the free money making niche. That was over 8 years ago. :)

It is possible to make good money online. It just takes some work and dedication.

Good luck. :)

7. Robin Bull

Robin Bull Member

1. Yes. Depends on what you want to do and how many hours you wish to devote. I don't ever discuss my income here, but yes...it is possible.

2. Why not Convergys or Apple or the other places that hire IT from home? Lots of call centers hire for home workers.

3. We don't. That's your decision. I have a boy with your same name who is almost your age. We can advise you, but we can't make that decision because we aren't you. If you love computers and like tech support, why not check out the work at home jobs for that?

8. yahia

yahia Member

Totally agree with Tal and Robin above. One suggestion is to use freelnace websites like Tal suggested Elance.com, rentacoder.com if you can write a code, edesk.com, freelancer.com, and a also fiverr.com. Use those to get "jobs" to do from home and get paid via paypal mostly.

My advice is work you way up to owning your own business, like an ecommerce store that sells your products or services, where you hire employees to do the job and you get your money to make you money, instead of trading your time for money (quoted from Jeff Walker).

9. JODAD

JODAD New Member

Lots of great information for what to do on the internet! What do you like. find something that you enjoy!

10. Bryan1995

Bryan1995 New Member

Thank you all for your help, you gave me a lots of information and ideas
    Thanks (y)

John_Moore and payment proof like this.
  11. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

I would definitely recommend affiliate marketing if you are first starting out.
    Look for affiliate programs that are free then you have nothing to loose.

You can also try selling things on eBay. Importing from Asia and selling them in your country.

If you have any questions about either feel free to contact me.

12. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

So true. If you like (or better yet love) what you do, it will help keep you motivated for the long term. :)

13. JODAD

JODAD New Member

sometimes it hard though to work alone at home and need a little motivation to keep you going. I was talking with a relative who does construction work and he was checking up on me getting ideas how I was doing in the work I chose. Got any more tips to help you keep motivated during the day and create more leads?

John_Moore likes this.
  14. PrivateMufasa

PrivateMufasa New Member

Every work from home system requires a certain amount of time and dedication to achieve some real monthly income, there are no 'quick' ways to earn. Like suggested above, goto Elance.com and start there, there are always people who need help there that pay good.

Good luck!

15. JStandridge

JStandridge New Member

Bryan, make sure that what you get started with is something that you feel passionate about, or you will likely lose steam before you even get started. I recommend you take a moment to write down you goals and values, then compare the opportunities you see to those lists. If something doesn't line up with your goals or your values, then it isn't going to work for you because unconsciously you won't allow it to work for you. This is the reason people sabotage themselves!

16. Lorraine Pierce

Lorraine Pierce New Member

Sounds like you have computer skills? So that opens the door to a lot of opportunity.
    Definitely look for something where you can use your skills. That is if you LIKE what you know! LoL
    Otherwise...some introspect is called for.
    What are you passionate about?
    What drives you to want to make more money?
    What is your "Why"?
    Then once you know that...decide what type of business would suite you...
    Do you like helping people?
    Do you want to talk on the phone? Meet people face to face?
    One on One?
    Online Marketing?
    Once you have this down...then you can narrow down your selection.

John_Moore likes this.
  17. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Many successful entrepreneurs started out in the field of expertise, which is how I started my first business after leaving corporate America. Just like yourself, I liked to help people, and offered my services and expertise for a fraction of cost my former company offered for same service.

In your case, start a blog offering free advice which many of the more popular do it yourself sites have done, and then they monetized their sites with affiliate offers which is where you can get paid for the traffic you generate to your site. I learned long ago you have to give to receive, and free advice is a good place to start.

Also, get a URL domain name focusing on your services, post your business on Google and start to focus on local business as millions have done to get found on local search key words most people use these days to find services they are looking for locally. Joining MerchantCircle is another great way to list your business services for free and get indexted in search engines. It all starts with traffic to your business.

Success to all,

18. hugservant

hugservant New Member

Since you're kind of a tech support guy, you can find jobs on elance. Do you know programming? its one of the highest paid job on elance.

19. KB24

KB24 Active Member

If you like helping people with their cell phones and computers I'm sure they have affiliate programs for cell phones and computer problems. Build a site around this.

20. tanya_edmunds

tanya_edmunds New Member

If you have technical skills you can get started as a freelancer. You can sign up with oDesk, Elance and other similar sites and apply for jobs. In a matter of time you can build your credibility by getting good feedback - and you will get quite busy. If I am not mistaken technical support is expensive and you can charge per hour.