A newbie Need advice

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Bryan1995, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Drsavings

Drsavings New Member

If you can trouble shoot windows problems you should be able to find work, and not just strictly from home. If you are comfortable with getting out and meeting the business community in your area, you should be able to find people with computer issues. I would recommend finding your local chamber of commerce, then get out and market yourself! : )

2. SandraGJ

SandraGJ Member

Completely agree here. But just keep in mind that you won't be able to earn 500$ a month in the beginning. It takes time till you get familiar with the market and client base, especially if you start as a freelancer on Elance or Odesk or wherever.

payment proof likes this.
  3. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

That's true. It does take time. I think the biggest mistake I see is people giving up when they don't make money immediately.

SandraGJ and YAGOOFT like this.
  4. WorkAtHome_Pam

WorkAtHome_Pam New Member

You may want to consider starting a business in your computer if you are more "the go to guy" when it comes to troubleshooting. You can make up business cards, postcard flyers to mail out, and use the internet (website and social media) to begin networking with people as well.

This avenue will take a lot of effort, some investing, and of course patience. However, the potential can and will far exceed 500 a month and will become a long term career path for you.

Just something to think about if this is your passion and you are well skilled, a great computer tech will always have work!

Hope you find all you're looking for in life. :)

payment proof and Just2EZ like this.
  5. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

LOL, that's more of a curse than a blessing some times!
    I always tell my clients I hope I don't see them again too soon.
    Then again, some techs are dishonest and create new problems.
    Word of mouth brings me more business than I want.

6. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

Too much work is better than no work though, right? :)

Word of mouth is a great way to get work!

7. CoffeyMan

CoffeyMan New Member

I understand how you feel Jodad, sometimes you just need a little push to keep you motivated no matter who you are. I personally listen to a lot of Podcasts. There are tons of professionals sharing their information and if you're looking for inspiration or motivation this works for me. I hope this is a good option for you.

8. whisper

whisper New Member

Hi Bryan.
    Just as you said, you like helping people with their technical problem. I think that's great and your wanting to learn how you can earn some money from doing what you like doing is wow! I said so because that's the first thing you will need if you will make money-passion!

Making money on the internet depends on what you want.

First, I will suggest you visit sites like elance.com or guru.com. These are two great sites where you can sign up to be hired so you can start earning money doing what you like or are skilled at.

Second, if you really want to make money online, the big catch is in you running a niche site on your area of skills or passion and then begin to market your services through your site. You could be marketing your own product or affiliate products or even both. This is what I will advice you to do. Starting out is not that difficult. You just have to learn how to.

9. Garrett Barry

Garrett Barry New Member

You have a great skill and can provide a great service to people. I would suggest searching for people who are having the problems, your service can solve. At your age, social media sites such as Facebook would be a great bet! Also, you can really make as much money as you want. There isn't a written rule. The more people you serve, the more money you'll ultimately make. Hope this helps! - Garrett

John_Moore likes this.
  10. Lucky2603

Lucky2603 New Member

@PeterMFL I'm interested in affiliate marketing with clickbank. But now, i do not want to build a website, i want to promote Hoplink clickbank, after that i'll build niche site when i have money from affiliate program. Have you any advice for me? Thank you.

John_Moore likes this.
  11. John_Moore

John_Moore Member

There are some different ways to make money online. Either you sell your own service like, design, writing, and other stuff like that (check fiver) or you take the affiliate marketing road. if you ask me I do both!

12. JamieP

JamieP New Member

I found that working as a freelance outsourcer with Fiverr and elance worked well for me when first earning money online. I offered my skills out for a fee and they drove all the traffic to my gigs and I made hundreds of sales. I then scaled up with other income streams using that money to back it. I have now gone from working online to letting the internet work for me.

13. adamv

adamv New Member

Good Suggestions. I would recommend setting some small goals and achieving them and then increasing your goals. Example:

Say your first goal is to make $1 online. How could you do that? Maybe joining Yazing, finding a friend who is pregnant and getting them to signup for BabiesOnline. Bingo, $1 made.

Next goal, maybe make $5. Signup for Fiverr and see if there are any posted jobs you are skilled to do for $5. Bingo, you just picked up $5.

I wouldn't get too caught up in "How do I make $500 per month from home", I would recommend following your passions, think about your areas of expertice, and then decide how you would like to monetize those.

With experience on technical issues, you probably have people coming to you with advice on how to solve a problem or how what products to buy. If this is the case, learn about the commissions that are available for the services and products that you are recommending and start making some money. Then expand those suggestions to others online via Blogs and Social Media. The more you make yourself the expert, the more opportunities you will have to turn that expertice into cash via sites like Yazing, Fiverr, and others.

14. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Interesting,

Would have been nice to get an update from last years post asking for advice. Many good ideas and advice was offered, but POOF, gone, so hopefully these posts have helped other newbies looking to earn an extra income online. I follow many of these types of posts from newbies looking to find their niche and then hope they succeed and what the chose, always interesting to see the success stories of others, expecially newbies.

Success to all,

15. Popche

Popche Member

Start learning, it is not that simple, you must learn and then implement for success.

16. Max Jensen

Max Jensen New Member

There are a lot of people out there who make lots of money online, but there is also people who never earn a dime.
    You really need the right mindset if you want to succeed. It takes a lot of hard work and you have to decide how much time or/and money you are willing to put into it.

If your niche is technical assistant you can make your own website or blog where you give solutions to technical problems.

If you have doubts on how to make money from you niche, there is a lot of information on the internet there will get you going.

Good luck to you :)

17. TniComRec

TniComRec New Member

My company has entry level tech support positions available for people who want to work at home. If you live in any of the following states, apply! www.telenetwork.com/apply

Alabama
    Arizona
    Colorado
    Florida
    Georgia
    Kansas
    Mississippi
    Missouri
    Nevada
    New Mexico
    North Carolina
    South Carolina
    Tennessee
    Texas
    Utah
    Wyoming

18. Kyla Swann

Kyla Swann New Member

Hey Bryan1995!! Welcome!!

There are so many different work from home opportunities you can get your hands on!

For me I am a GO getter, love being on my own, working hard and seeing results, and absolutely LOVE working from home. There is an opportunity to make your own hours or to work on a more relaxed schedule - whichever works best for you. Working from home has been SUCH A BLESSING for me because I have had the opportunity to grow my business at my pace and not have someone always looking over my shoulder.

I am a health & fitness coach that gets to focus on bettering myself through personal development, work on my own health & fitness, cook yummy meals, and then just share about my journey and how it's changed my life through social media outlets.

Starting off my first month I made $600 and now 9 months in I'm making around $2500-$3k a month. Like others said nothing comes without work and being dedicated, but if it's something you love, you'll not see it as work a day in your life!

Whatever you do make sure it's something you love. I read something the other day that went into detail on how much time we spend at our "job". That it's more than even family time so if you're doing something you don't love it's such a sad thing. Life is short & we will never get a chance to live out our dreams so make the best out of it!! Hope this advice helps!!

YAGOOFT and payment proof like this.