A newbie to work-at-home overwhelmed

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by SouthernGent, Feb 25, 2010.

1. wahgo

wahgo New Member

From what I've read on the posts that YOU have left, it appears to me you are looking for a work at home job. Some of the quickest ways to make money is by taking surveys and finding the legitimate sites that list jobs that are available. Not everything out there is a "business opportunity".
  2. bosco

bosco New Member

As far as doing work for someone else, there are sites like elance .com
    but you tend not to make much at all, because people get in bidding wars the opposite of ebay.

They fight for how little they will do the job for; and it's tough to compete if you are not in a third world country where the cost of living is a lot less.

I think bum marketing is the best thing for newbies to learn, especially if they have no money to spend, since it can be done for free (other than your internet access, of course.)

Be prepared to spend a couple months building a foundation, while seeing very little or no cash. It's the nature of the beast.

Just keep at it every day and it will pay off if you don't give up and keep learning.
  3. bosco

bosco New Member

mountainmom5: I do have a friend that does the KGB (you can find it by googling kgb.com) - he makes about 3 bucks an hour.
    Your friend seems to be at the top of the KGB heap.

I was just checking out what people had posted about how much
    they were making, and it wasn't uncommon to make less than a dollar
    an hour.

[​IMG]
  4. trish777

trish777 New Member

Hello southerngent, I have been searching for about 5 years and have been a part of many memberships both MLM and Affiliate Marketing. It has been my experience that there are many out there that are to happy to take your money and teach you very little with allot of missing parts.
    I am now finally very satisfied with Chris Farrells membership. Google him, you will see that his reputation is spotless. Plus you can view video's, articles, ect. at his site for free while you decide.
    I would be happy to share more if you want to private email me.
    researching your options is most definitely important.
    There are allot of scams, but you can find that out by Googling anything you may be interested in by typing in scam with what ever or who ever it is.
    That is where I went wrong a time or two by forgetting to research first. Could have saved myself quit allot of money if I had.
    I wish you well,
    Trish
  5. melanow

melanow New Member

SouthernGent
    Hi,
    Did you check out Melaleuca. We have been using the products for 4 years, and we have had great success. We got into the products because we had a serious set of symptoms with our daughter as published in My Story. Two doctors told us after a 2 year battle to try these products because they are very good and it would be good if everybody would detoxify their homes. All 400 products are toxin free. We started

4 Months ago I decided to build a business and have had a lot of fun doing it. Things start slow and the they start to take off.

I think everywhere is a tough sell right now, but I am having some success here in Minnesota. If you want any info you can e-mail me.

Thanks,
    George
  6. wealth10k

wealth10k New Member

Hi Darren,

Lots of good and sound advice up there to confuse you. Confused me! lol Anyway, My personal opinion is any online or offline network marketing business is going to take a long time to build, like say 12 months maybe.

You need cashflow! Start a service! Cleaning or mowing or handy man work, whatever, but do your homework and have a professional, ie an accountant or someone look over your plans before you begin.

Hope this helps!

Mark
  7. hummingbird81

hummingbird81 New Member

SouthernGent

Great amount of online scams scare me too.
    This is why I decided to make money with Clicbank.
    I think affiliate marketing is the safest way to earn online.

It's good to join a program based on affiliate marketing.
    Something what will automate your income.
    You won't need own website, hosting, autoresponder service and follow-up messages etc. Many of this programs provide and maintain all the stuff for you, when you pay small monthly fee.

Search Clikbank marketplace for those programs and look for opinions on this forum. I'm pretty sure you will find something for you [​IMG]

I joined one program based on Clickbank and I really enjoy it[​IMG]
  8. daymo

daymo New Member

Hey southern gent

i understand you dont want a job that involved telephoning people. I think you should try your hand at affiliate marketing. There a re thousands of products to advertise and you will be providing information to people about the products you promote.

Promoting products is FREE with no initial investment needed. Most affiliate marketers use clickbank to find products to promote and they use sites like
    squidoo
    usfreeads
    blogger

to advertise the products for free. It wont happen overnight and you would have to spend time everyday on it, but if your still out of work you have the time

hope this helps
  9. Teddy

Teddy New Member

Hi All, I am also looking for an internet business and been stung by a few. I am now considering My Online Income System and have done a little research. It looks good and I feel it could help me with affiliate marketing. Anybody have thoughts or experince with it?
  10. Teddy

Teddy New Member

Hi All, I am also a newbie looking for an internet business and been stung by a few. I am now considering My Online Income System and have done a little research. It looks good and I feel it could help me with affiliate marketing. Anybody have thoughts or experince with it?
  11. paperkool

paperkool New Member

SouthernGent
    Lean to be direct. Seriously, what you wrote is what almost everyone wants. Look inside of yourself, for your skills and make the most of them. Here's my formula:

study, test and profit then scale up

Do those things over and over. Even if your into garbage disposal :

Persistance is key in success.
  12. daymo

daymo New Member

hey southern gent

in noticed form the post aboe that you decided to go with clickbank. Thats how most people start out.

hows that working out for you ????
  13. ryanbiddulph

ryanbiddulph New Member

My top piece of advice? Research, research, and research some more. I saw a fellow work at home'er mention persistence. I couldn't agree any more. To get good at this you want to find a legit opportunity right off the bat.

Take enough notes on working at home to write a few short ebooks. I would suggest 1-2 months of due diligence minimum.

Most don't treat working at home as a job. They spend months job hunting for a brick and mortar gig but sign up for a work at home opp after researching for 2-3 days. Stopping by this forum and posing this question was a solid first step. Look for free mentors. Most work at home vets will be happy to share their insight with you.

Hit work at home blogs. I would google "make money online", blogs to get into a decent network. It takes a while to sift through the hype-filled blogs while finding the ones of substance but it's worth it. Most importantly look at the comments section. When visiting a well-read blog you'll be able visit a number of informative work at home blogs by reading the comments. Birds of a feather flock together.

As an aside it's nice to find a solid work at home forum. I just became a member and appreciate the opportunity to meet such a knowledgeable network of like-minded people.
  14. Teddy

Teddy New Member

Hi All, I am also new to making money from the internet and really want to get into doing it, but for some reason I am finding it difficult to break into affiiate maketing. I have been scamed a few times and am slowly learning my way. I read somewhere that eBay is also a good place to earn money for affilites. Is ClickBank the best or should I be looking at others as well.
    I must say I am new to this forum as well and I find everybody so helful and warm. Great on you experienced guys and girls that spend your time helping others.
  15. hummingbird81

hummingbird81 New Member

Hi Teddy.

I see you have some bad experience with online marketing.

Affiliate marketing can be difficult at the beginning. I know it, I had the same problem. It's all about finding good product and getting traffic. It sounds easy but it involves a lot of work.

There is a few plug&play systems based on Clickbank products,
    which you can join. They are not free but they give you long-term benefits. For example they give you ready squeeze page with your affiliate link (where they offer for ex. free report) and every person who signs up will receive follow-up emails with your affiliate links to other Clickbank products as long as you are involved in program. The biggest advantage is that you don't need to buy own auto-responder, search for good products and write follow-up emails. So you may focus only on sending traffic.

TIP: AVOID PlugIntoGreenProfits.com- I have tried this>>it's not as good as they say.

Before you join any program check opinions about it. Be careful because there is a lot of fake opinions and press releases submitted by affiliates, who didn't join the program and only want to get commissions.

You asked about eBay... I didn't sell anything there.
    But like everywhere you have to KNOW HOW TO MAKE MONEY there to get results.

Remember, there is no "one the best way" to earn online. There are many different ways and strategies. A lot of them works. You have to choose one and work with it for longer time. Don't do 5 at the time, you will not get results. Just focus on one.

I'm sure you will find more helpful answers on this forum[​IMG]
    Keep searching and asking[​IMG]
  16. Teddy

Teddy New Member

Hi hummingbird81

Thanks for that, I am determined to get this right and earn money online. I will continue to work at it [​IMG]
  17. hickshorn

hickshorn New Member

southern gent.
    I am also looking for a legit home business opportunity, I have been burnt a few times so you are right to take your time and be careful. I have learnt slowly but surely Research is good advice. I am trying a few new things and checking them out. Im going to find something legit that is right for me. So dont give up your niche in home business is out there. You just have to find it.
  18. Michael Merry

Michael Merry New Member

bosco

I agree, bosco. For people with little or no money, 'bum marketing' may be THE ticket to making money on the internet.
    It is always wise to keep options open. Several affiliate marketing and adwords courses are available, at little cost, and highly recommended for beginners.
    For those interested in bum marketing, I suggest going to 'BumMarketingMethod.com'. I believe 'Travis' offers a subscription to his free newsletters.
  19. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Teddy: Hi All, I am also new to making money from the internet and really want to get into doing it, but for some reason I am finding it difficult to break into affiiate maketing. I have been scamed a few times and am slowly learning my way. I read somewhere that eBay is also a good place to earn money for affilites. Is ClickBank the best or should I be looking at others as well.
    Hi Teddy,

There are two ways of approaching affiliate marketing. You can start by finding a product to promote and then look for ways to market it, or you can start with a concept (niche topic) to build a site around and then find products relating to that particular niche.

I started out with the first option, trying to find a product to promote on Clickbank. It was very difficult because I really had no idea whether the products were really worthwhile, good value, and genuine quality. My conscience wouldn't allow me to promote things that I wasn't sure were legit.

The other issue was that most of the CB products I encountered to promote were actually about how you can make money online. [​IMG] I hadn't done that yet, so it was really strange trying to promote them, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I made a valiant effort with what little knowledge I had, but got absolutely nowhere for my troubles.

Then one day I came across a free ebook on affiliate marketing that explained the other side of the coin - creating a website based on a topic of interest that I DID know something about (on any subject I chose).

It explained the process of building content based on keyword research relating to that topic to draw in free targeted traffic from the search engines. Then how to find affiliate products (hard or digital) relating to that topic to recommend on the site as well as earn income from Adsense and other sources of monetization.

Honestly, it was like a light bulb went on in my head. It just made sense! And the rest, as they say, is history.

I chose chocolate as my first site concept because I'm a terrible chocoholic. [​IMG] I used SBI to learn to research and build the site correctly. I've since gone on to build a few more sites and I'm still pinching myself at how my monthly income has just grown and grown.

I'm not saying that one way is better than another way, necessarily. I just wanted to share my experience with you to give you hope and an alternative solution to consider.

It breaks my heart to hear the stories of so many people who have been scammed and feel disillusioned when there really are proven business building methods if people just knew about them.

Wishing you all the best as you discover what is right for you!
    Blessings,
    Angie
  20. AOxford

AOxford New Member

Hi my names Andrea and I'm new at this. I already have my website but still trying to get traffic to it. Anyone