A newbie to work-at-home overwhelmed

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by SouthernGent, Feb 25, 2010.

1. happywife

happywife Gold Member

I thought that may have been the case. Don't worry. As you progress, the murky becomes more clear. [​IMG]

If it's any comfort, you were on the first page of Google search results for the phrase "rc universe" the other day when I checked. I don't know what the demand is on that search phrase, but at least it's a start.

I'm glad you are getting at least some clicks on your Adsense. The idea is that once you are able to build a site that gets a lot of targeted traffic, you'll get more clicks and make more money.

The amount you get per click is going to be determined by the keywords of the particular page. It boils down to what advertisers are willing to pay per click in relation to those keywords.

To get an idea of what phrases are paying the best per click, you can use Googles Adword keyword tool and do a search for your main topics and it will bring back the related phrases and their search volume, competition and even estimated CPC that advertisers are paying.

Of course, you won't get that CPC (cost per click). You'll just get a portion of it from Google, but at least you'll have an idea of the higher paying phrases.

I'd definitely advise you to stick with reading the Affiliate Master's Course and consider following through with it. That's where you'll learn to build a successful site.

Blessings,
    Angie
  2. Teddy

Teddy New Member

Thanks for all that Angie. I am continuing to read and do intent to finish the Affiliate Master's Course.
    Sorry another question... Is there a "tool" you use to find out what my phrase was and on what page it was on Google?

Thanks very much
    [​IMG]
  3. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Teddy,

I don't have a tool for that specifically. I can tell on my own sites if any of my pages are ranked on the top 3 pages of the search results for the major search engines for their specific keyword because there's a ranking tool in my SBI user control panel (called Site Central).

I don't know if the program you are using to build your site has such a tool/stat indicator in your control panel.

The way I found that you were on the first page of Google serps for rc universe is because I Googled rc universe and there you were near the bottom of the page. [​IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie