A quick meditation recipe

Discussion in 'Stress Management' started by broadland, Sep 16, 2007.

1. broadland

broadland New Member

Contrary to belief, there is no need for complicated instructions, nor any need for postural contortions, nor for any special attire.
    Just wear loose clothing, sit in a comfortable chair or comfortably on the phone. It is preferable to avoid noise although after doing meditation for several months you will find that you can detach yourself inspite of noise.
    Then close you eyes, focus in your mind on some part of your body. Gradually let your mind follow a set pattern of looking at yourself and very soon you will find that you are looking at your real inner self and not the body.

2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Quoting: broadlandIt is preferable to avoid noise although after doing meditation for several months you will find that you can detach yourself inspite of noise.

My favorite meditaion technique is just to listen to sounds around me [​IMG] I keep listening to them without trying to interpret anything and it brings enormous peace in me. My favorites are sounds of birds.

According to me, different techniques might appeal to different people. Some may like to watch whereas some may like to listen. The end result should however stop thoughts and bring joy and peace in you.

3. broadland

broadland New Member

Sound while attempting to meditate can be disturbing if it is sheer noise. However, repetititive noise can also be a postitive input for meditation. I once had a house right next to the train tracks and initially the past midnight trains woke me up and disturbed my sleep. Later, I would myself dosing off to sleep during the passage of or never be awakened by the passing train.
    On the other hand, pleasant sound such as favourite music, can have instantaneous positive impact on attempts to meditate and detach.
    The ultimate goal, as Vishal states is
    "The end result should however stop thoughts and bring joy and peace in you."

4. bing

bing New Member

My favorite meditation technique is prayer. I'm not sure if others consider it as a form of meditation. I can even consider it as superior to meditation.

With prayer, my worries and anger just go away. The problems causing the stress won't dissolve in a wink of an eye. It's not magic. But the untoward emotions due to the daily problems are replaced by gratitude and being at peace.

[​IMG]

5. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

bing: My favorite meditation technique is prayer. I'm not sure if others consider it as a form of meditation. I can even consider it as superior to meditation.
    Exactly, if it involves more of surrender attitude.

6. bing

bing New Member

Yes Vishal.

When I haven't discovered the strenght of prayer, I used to 'meditate' in sitting position. I think it didn't fit me well because I was conscious with my posture and proper way of doing it. I bought a book about stuffs that cover mediation and I was like a prisoner of the method. With prayer, I am just I am.

7. katereber

katereber New Member

Hi there, I will try that if it is effective.. Because it doesn't mean it works for you, then also work for other..

Same with you Vishal, listening to music is also my way on how to release my stress..

Good day to all!