A Sure Fire Way To Succeed

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by Billee, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Billee Guest

Hi,

I am new to this site and I look forward to networking and learning of your great people also sharing the knowledge that I have within this industry and success in general...

Now when it comes to success in business or anything in life really I have come to understand that a sure fire way to succeed is to "Burn The Bridge Behind You"

When it comes to achieving a goal in life there must be no retreat... No way back! Only forward!!!

Combine no retreat with an undeniable passion and desire to succeed at the goal with a game plan and you really can't fail...

But if you allow yourself an exit strategy a way back then you have the option of quitting and when it comes to chasing your dreams and bettering your life you don't need a path of retreat in case you fail... Failure is not an option!

So the sure fire way to succeed is to burn your bridge of retreat and and create an action plan on what you need to do to achieve your goal and then get to work...

That's right I said work.... No success in life comes without risk and a lot of work...

You have heard it before and I will say it again....

"The only limitations you have in life are the limitations that you put on yourself"

So don't limit yourself.... and understand the absolute possibilities that you have at your finger tips.

In case you don't know you will NOT live for ever and ou could die tomorrow! Heavens forbid you do but you have to understand that you have to make the most out of your life and don't just tip toe quietly to your grave having only regrets on what "Could have happened if only..."

No retreat!

Thanks,
    Billee Brady
  2. treevee Member

Nicely put, Billee.

I have to say that even though I have been unsuccessful in making any real "write home about" profit in the IM biz (over a year now), I've been trudging on without any thoughts in my head of ever quitting. Sure, times I doubt, but quitting is not an option. The only reason I look back is to learn from my mistakes and analyze where I've made bad choices or slacked off, which I think is a must!

To A Prosperous, Gratuitous, Happy And Healthy New Year For All! [IMG]
    treevee
  3. HiAchiever New Member

Hi Billee,

You sure have a gung ho attitude. However, it seems that you have the notion that everything depends on what you do, like burning your bridges, not having an exit strategy, and doing a lot of work.

But, to succeed in business, including Internet marketing, you need to also have both a teachable and a helpful attitude.

You need to be able to learn what works from others and adapt those techniques to your daily habits. This will ensure that you are working "smarter" not just working harder.

And, you need to be helpful. Giving to others enriches the entire community. And, you can never tell when someone you helped will be in a position some day to help you.
  4. FreeCashMan Active Member

Get Rich or Die Trying. That's the way that reads. Well put. Decide to succeed, not have a way to make an excuse.

An develop a plan to make that income you desire. That is one of things people are missing a plan that can create the income they desire.

Most people are making at least a 4-figure monthly income from home home. It's important to set that as an initial hurdle to rise above.

All the best and success
  5. mreese601 Member

Burning Bridges is a good thought but sometime you have to retreat to regroup so you can press forward. Setting goals is the key to get where you want to go.
  6. KarenSmith67 New Member

I have to comment that it is important to set short and long-term goals. Sometimes people will set goals that are not realistic and then get frustrated and quit.

If we do not set goals, what are we doing? Do we have anything to strive for? Settings goals (realistic) are a part of life.

I could not imagine living life without goals!
  7. ThePhoenix New Member

I think it is important to have alternatives in your mind. Because if you fail by measures completely beyond your control, and such is the tragedy of the world, if you have nothing to fall back on then you're screwed. You need to have the persistence and commitment to never quit on your own terms, and not just stay in the game simply because you have nowhere else to go.
  8. talfighel Silver Member

Burning your bridges behind you is a sure way to success but you need to make sure that you take the right actions.

Just like Tony Robbins says:

You can't run east looking for a sunset.

You got to find what works the best for you and you got to take the right actions. Some people try to hard and never give up even they don't see any type of results.

You got to have an effective plan that can actually work.

Being positive and keeping your eye on the goal is as important as taking the right actions.