Accomplish More Each Day With These 6 Strategies

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by Vishal P. Rao, May 15, 2013.

1. hippy

hippy New Member

Hi Vishal, a great post as I'm sure that most of us have wasted a lot of time in unproductive work on our computers. Time can go so quickly.

I'd like to add that to keep on track it can be useful to create a mission statement, much the same as most corporate entities do. I first wrote a mission statement about 20 years ago, it's changed over the years , but it has served me well when difficult decisions have needed to be made.

Creating a mission statement is really quite simple. All you need to do is to write down a list of beliefs and intentions. Arrange them in order of priority, then sign at the bottom of the list. This will require a lot of interesting negotiations for a couple, but will be of terrific value for future decisions.
    Signing formalises the statement and gives it the power it deserves. The statement should then be displayed in a private place, where only you will see it.

Here is an example of a mission statement:

I shall always put my health and safety first.
    I shall only spend 4 hours a day on the computer
    I shall be Honest and sincere in every way
    I will walk for 30 minutes every day.
    I will visit family once a month
    I will take responsibility for my actions and I will not blame others.
    I will stay within my budget
    I shall only eat takeaway once a week.
    I shall treat others with respect.

2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the information regarding mission statements Peter. Just reminded of one which I use to put on my dining table - I'll eat 3/4th of my capacity. They can indeed be very powerful. I guess it's time to post some more now!

3. Eric Verde

Eric Verde New Member

Truer words have never been spoken. I remember doing most of these listed and my life (for a brief period in time) felt more....at peace. Everything was mostly in my control, I never felt bad about myself and my mind felt sooo clear!

Thank you for this post. I really needed to read this =]

4. Aaleeyah

Aaleeyah New Member

Fantastic insights here. Must give a second read.

5. westfam11

westfam11 Member

Thanks for a great post.

The one that keeps me most motivated and on track is the "to do" list. If I don't have that I just go from one thing to another throughout the day without really accomplishing anything. With the to do list I can just go down the list and complete the tasks I need to do and what I do not get done goes on the next day's list and I just start there the next day.

payment proof likes this.
  6. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

The "to do" list keeps me on track too. It's a great way to set daily, weekly, and even monthly goals. It helps to keep me focused.

7. Sam Britton

Sam Britton New Member

I love the mission statement, that's awesome stuff. It does take a while to get into a new routine even when it has everything to do with the success of your business. We really are creatures of habit and I find lots of people struggle to adapt to change. That said, a little encouragement can go a long way.

It all comes down to the size of you WHY I guess.

If I offered you $20 to walk across a plank that was laid across 2 tall buildings, would you do it? Probably not. Now if you had to cross that same plank to rescue a loved one from a fire, would you do it? Of course! If your WHY is big enough, nothing will stand in your way.

Just2EZ and payment proof like this.
  8. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Very well put! :)