ACN Inc?

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by youngwby, May 2, 2006.

1. firstwildabeast

firstwildabeast New Member

I've seen first hand how ACN can change lives. A friend of mine from church used to work in real estate. He and his wife were on the verge of bankruptcy. Now 18 months later they make 5 figures a month. ACN is Not a "pyramid scheme". The compensation plan works. Anyone who says otherwise was either too scared to invest the time and energy to find out or they let the person that sponsored them determine their success. They don't claim you'll get rich quick. In fact they tell you it will take time to develope your customer base. To be truly successful you have to work hard at it.
    NO GUTS NO GLORY. I've spent more on the boxes that hold my tools at work. My wife and I signed up in December and I expect to replace my $85,000 per year income within the next 18 months.
    Just like anything in life you get out of it what you put into it.
  2. firstwildabeast

Actually you get bonuses based on how many people become qualified. To get qualified they need to buy in and become a customer. The bonuses are quite lucrative. But it takes alot of work.
  3. firstwildabeast

To the gutless go none of the spoils.
  4. molyda

molyda New Member

I signed up with Excel in 2004 or so... then in 2007, I find the same people giving presentations about ACN. Same products, better compensation plan!

My thoughts: Excel was bought by Trump and changed the name to ACN.

I don't think ACN is a scam. If you can't explain the MLM right, then people will think it's a pyramid scheme. We know how people can be skeptical about earning money in a different way than a J-O-B and salary wage!

Just like a business, prepare to put in the time and effort necessary to make it launch. It won't happen within a month but it is possible. MLM is not for everyone.

I also think that telecommunications services are a very competitive market and ACN is not offering the best prices. That's why reps ask their friends and families to join and become their clients.

Just because you don't succeed doesn't mean the business is a scam. Seek help and training elsewhere. Find out about MLM and Network Marketing. Sometimes, the team leader is not much of a leader!

Good luck to present and future ACN reps!
  5. unselfishbuddy

unselfishbuddy New Member

I would simply stay away from any telecommunications mlm program as it is uber competitive. All of these companies, mlm or not, compete keep customers. As a result companies consistently change their plans with the hope to attract new customers. Other companies also offer deals with very nice phones such as iPhone or Blackberry, by making customers sign contracts. Other companies who also happen to provide other services such as cable and internet also offer bundle packages which will then give its customers more discounts. With that said, it is very difficult for a telecommunications independent representative to keep up with the pace of this super competitive market.
  6. Entre_exec

Entre_exec New Member

I just signed up as well. After a horrendous experience at work, I decided I needed an outlet for alternative income, and nothing could be harder than the job I have at present. I am not afraid of work. I would appreciate feedback from Alicia or those presently working with ACN. Any mentoring or support is welcome!
  7. seeyalater72

seeyalater72 New Member

I was ironically approached by an ACN member just yesterday. I don't believe ACN is a scam but it's just not for me. A couple of high school buddies of mine first tried to recruit me into ACN about 10 years ago. They had this ultra pushy guy who wanted me to pawn everything I owned to pay the entry fee. I guess that left a bad taste in my mouth so I automatically tune out anyone promoting ACN.
  8. knight2007

knight2007 New Member

ACN IS A SCAM, THESE GUYS GVING THESE FAKE SUCCESS STORIES OUGHT TO GET A REAL JOB, NO DIFFERENT FROM AMWAY, EXCEL, QUIXTAR, SAME DULL FACTORY DEMO LIKE KIRBY VACCUMS, IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT USUALLY IS, I CHALLENGE ANY OF THEM ON THE VALIDITY OF THE BUSINESS. GO TO COLLEGE GET A PROFESSIONAL CAREER, ALL THIS MONKEY ECONOMICS IS A WASTE OF TIME.
  9. wakeupmoron

wakeupmoron New Member

This board must be filled with Amatuers.
    Do you guys realize the foolishness of paying someone 500 to sell a product that no one buys? Why would I sell home and cell service when that is a saturated, competitive market that is working on such a tight profit margin you will never make any money doing this.
    You can send me 500 and I will send you back 700 in a few weeks.

You guys need to understand, that if they charge you to sell their commoditized products that are being pushed by the billion dollar phone companies, why not just go work for verizon and make a real salary and commission, You will be working just as hard, you just get heath benefits and so on.

People just lost billions of dollars on madoff...whats another 500 for ACN.
    FOOLS!!!!!LOL!!!
  10. LPS5000

LPS5000 New Member

There is so much opinion on ACN on the net, does anybody have any concrete facts and experiences?

I am researching ACN and I would love to hear from ETL, TC, RVP people, how much do you make a month, and what % comes from residual income and what % comes from T-Cabs?
  11. Alnyfl1

Alnyfl1 New Member

This is my first posting to the group, so hello to everyone. I am a 47 old Business Owner/Business Coach...I joined ACN about 2 weeks ago and have 11 people in my group and should have over 100 members in my team within a month. I am an Accountant/QuickBooks Consultant that realized I needed residual income. I reviewed the company for a month and am glad that I joined.

I am on the phone with my upline often and these are strong business people who are committed to my success. This week we are riding together and making this happen. What people need to realize in analyzing ACN is that the product line is very much recession proof... what items do people not give up...cell phones, home phones, TV service, usually not cancelling home security...internet service. You get paid monthly when members in your group pay their services...just like any other company like T-Mobile, Verizon etc. and lets not forget Branch Managers of these retail outlets receive a percentage of the revenue produced by their sales people...not rocket science...same concept. Finally why would Donald Trump waste his time with a non-legit company. Anyone want to build a serious business please contact me.
  12. jeffathome

jeffathome New Member

ACN is a huge worldwide company. Just remember the the telecommunications industry is very competitive. You have to find the company that fuels your fire and if its ACN then go for it.
  13. thinkitandgetit

thinkitandgetit New Member

If I join is there anyone out there to help me? I am the type of person that needs to be shown the "ropes". I have amazing communication and customer service skills and my ability to build rapport with anyone is outstanding. I feel like this could be for me, I just need a bit of a push and nothing will stop me after that...
  14. Anabanana

Anabanana New Member

Hello all, Just joined this forum and had to add my 2 cents worth. More just to verify that people do make money. I am an RN with over 15yrs under my belt. I had absolutely no sales experience and knew jack about the products ACN sold. I signed up with ACN at the end of March 2009. I have not worked ACN full time and can tell you that I am now an ETL receiving pay almost weekly. ACN pays what turns out to be 5 times a month
  15. bagsdl5

bagsdl5 New Member

Hey everyone,

I recently signed up for ACN (2 weeks ago) and got to QTT w/in 4 days. I can't for the life of me get people to see the opportunity I see. My mentors and my team are very optimistic I will do fine and people will start to listen. I know if people would give just give me a little of their time they would see what I see w/ACN. My team is already making great money! One of the members is about to quit her main job and go full time w/ACN. I would love to do that too! Anyone have advice on how to get people to listen??
  16. kjw524

kjw524 New Member

Your language is OUT OF LINE AND TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR!
  17. BobFirestone

BobFirestone New Member

I was signed up for ACN and never did anything with it. Here's why...

1. The $500 kit was 10 pages of order forms. No training materials, no marketing materials, no websites. Nothing I would deem to be of value to help me build a business.
    2. The video phone doesn't get me excited. I don't want people to see me when we are on the phone and it only connects to other ACN video phones, when it connects to other video chat services ex. yahoo IM, msn messenger & Skype then it is worth considering.
    3. The products are all commodities. A customer can get everything you are selling at the cell phone store in the strip mall.
    4. The comp plan is extremely skewed against the new guy. The service residuals take an extremely long time to get to a respectable level. To make $20 on levels 1-3 you need $8000 in group volume!!! To qualify to the 7th level you need 40 customer points, hose are services sold to non-ACN reps.

In my experience interacting with active ACN reps, former reps and potential reps. Very few ACN reps are actually making any money. What I heard a lot was "as a ____ you earn up to". The structure of the comp plan makes it very difficult for the new person to come in and start making a living in the first month or two.

There are so many better opportunities right now that don't require $500 start up fees and competing in businesses that have no uniqueness. Unless the ACN products get you really really really excited look in other places.
  18. workforfreedom

workforfreedom New Member

I have just heard about ACN in the past few weeks and am trying to get more information on them before making any kind of decision about joining.

I am already involved with a work at home company and I love the services they provide. Great company with great support and training. I haven't signed anyone up yet, but this is only to my own fault. I know that in order to make money you have to put the work in. I am not expecting to get rich quick. But, I know if I keep working consistently - not ever hard work - I will get the results I want in time. The problem is, we could really use the extra money now so our financial situation doesn't get so bad we can't get out of it. I have heard you can make some pretty decent money with ACN in a shorter amount of time -with work, of course.

So, my questions are - can someone tell me exactly what I would need to be doing? How do you market ACN? Is is only by word of mouth to family and friends or do you market on the internet also - free advertising sites and such... Do you have to have meetings in your home? How many hours of work should you really be putting into this in order to get some results?

I don't want to give up my other business, but am worried I would not be able to do both at the same time... I also live in a smaller community and am wondering if this will hold me back with ACN?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I just want to know exactly what I have to do before I jump in. The only other problem is - I don't have the extra $500... So, I really want to know everything before taking that leap. We can't afford to spend that $500 if I am not absolutely sure I can get it back.

Thanks!
  19. ppires5501

ppires5501 New Member

It funny how everyone has their own opion about acn but i did spen 500 dollars and im in for about one and a half months i have ten people under me and im making over a 1000 this month. if you join and just sit there and complaint, you will be the person on here writing that acn is no good. i have made my money back everything else is just a bonus. i would be more then happy to help anyone who want to join cause i believe that if i can make it anyone can. i will sign anyone up and make sure your not on here bad mouthing acn cause if you are badmouthing you didnt try, you wanted everyone else to do thing for you
  20. powerchevy

powerchevy New Member

well their seems to be alot of pro replies to this as their are con's so really it seems like no one is for sure about the legality and the profitablility for the basic joe or jane out there that hears about this. is their any concrete proof out there from someone with creditablility not just someone that had a bad experience with this.