ACN Inc?

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by youngwby, May 2, 2006.

1. YYSraElP

YYSraElP New Member

Hi..I first learned about ACN a few months ago from my mom who lives in Phoenix. She actually joined back in April and has talked to me about it since. Iv recently joined because someone was able to lend me the 499 to start off (I honestly didnt see any benefit from me investing my OWN money and have to wait so long before I saw anything back). So I thought Id give it a try to see what was in it for me. But since Im in TX..i really dont have anyone to motivate me or push me if its not my mom encourgaging me by phone to try my best because it WILL pay off at the end.
    And now its really upsetting to see all the negative comments of those who havent succeeded and look forward to discouraging all who have hopes in trying to make the best of something totally new to them.
    I have hope in my mom who is trying her best to do something for me by giving me this opportunity, and I want to have hope in this company.
    If there is anyone out there with connections in El Paso TX, I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT if someone took the time to show their team leadership and provide some support for a beginner and maybe prove some of these negative comments otherwise.
    Any orientation is also appreciated.
    tiamo_mami[at]yahoo.com

2. YYSraElP

YYSraElP New Member

kd7vao
    Hi..so hows ACN worked out for you??
    Have you gotten closer to Hawaii?
    I just joined this week and Im anxious to learn and get working!

3. dominicIV

dominicIV New Member

Hi,
    I am not your up-line team member, but this is what I would like to share with you: never mind negative comments. Usually they come from the people who have no skills and focus and who want an instant success. If you'll buy expensive golf classes and golf gear, which will cost you a bundle, but fail to become Tiger Woods, will you scream all over the Net that the golf industry is a scam?
    You need to stay very focused and believe in yourself passionately to survive in this business; you need to have a strong will power; if you have none -- work hard to develop it and start thinking like a businessman.
    If I were your team, I would consider it my duty to motivate you. It is your up-line members' duty to answer to all your questions and help you when you begin to doubt yourself or need some urgent assistance.
    One thing you need to remember is this: all you need to succeed is 3 signups and 20 personal customers IN YOUR LIFETIME. (You can do more, but this is a minimum to succeed).
    3 signups (in your down-line) will become your immediate team members and your personal responsibility; 20 personal customers with at least 2 customer points each = 40 customer points). Once you completed your requirements, you can take attention of yourself and concentrate on helping your down-line team and being a responsible leader.

Hope this will help you. Mind you, some up-line members are not responsible and think that signing up a person is the only thing they need do; and let him/her dangle down there confused on his/her own -- which is a bad news for the both sides i.e. the up-line and down-line members. Just like in any business, success is often predicated on who your partners are ??“ having a bad partner spells a failure in your business, unless you have some will power of you own. I was fortunate to become a member of a great team and learned about responsibility and focus from the start. So as I said, helping you is the responsibility of your up-line members, so I hope that they will assist you, as I and my up-line leadership help to the beginners in my down-line team. Good luck to you!
    P.S. if you get discouraged or influenced easily, then get out of this business a.s.a.p. -- only the strongest survive here, just as in any other business, whether it is a traditional or virtual business -- you need to find strength inside you to fight the odds, or else, go away to work your 9-5pm job, knowing that you are a follower, not a leader...
    cheers, Dom
    dominicIV[at]hotmail.com

4. br22

br22 New Member

Angela, Sounds like a good move for you to join ACN, I am really educating myself by reading all the blogs bad and good about ACN. I know a friend who is making millions right now with ACN and has been with them for 7 years. My skeptism about ACN is that I couldn't quit my current job to do it full time. I would want to start slow and build up enough customers and recruitments so I have enough income to pay my mortgages and other bills.I also know that trying to recruit family and friends to start would be a tough task, because if you are not already successful enough to show them your monthly earnings why would that interest them? So I ask you this: Is it possible to start part-time to be successful?
    By the way you sound like a good team leader.

Thanks
    B

5. Skitzin

Skitzin New Member

The biggest problem with companies like ACN, which is a MLM since they are technically providing a product, is that their recruitment system has significant limits. The reason why Pyramid Schemes don't work is because their business model is unsustainable.

Basically you will reach a point where you need numbers of people greater then the Earth's population to produce a sustainable income which in turn leads to the scheme collapsing. Take for example this picture which sums up the matter rather well whilst keeping in mind it is only a basic example of this structure: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:pyramid_scheme.svg
    The same is ACN structure, and other MLMs for that matter, they only can only sustain this model for so long before it becomes too many people required to make decent money from.

And for those whom say its all about hard work and making money that way take this for example. If you get say 14 people and sign them up to $99 home phone plan (yes its on their website) and you get say 10% of that as income off each person, so thats ($99/100)x10= $9.90, you only end up with $138.60 a month. Honestly you'd get more money out of shinning shoes on the street. This means the numbers need to make $1000 a month out of home phone (alone) is ~102 people that alot of work for very little especially considering that on average people change phone service about once every 6 months. This makes you income even harder to maintain.

The other thing about companies like ACN tell people that they can go up wards in the company, when in reality you stay where you are in a corporate structure and the number beneth you increase to give an illusion of promotion. For example being in the second or third tier of the company, the more you recruit the more people you have under you however your actual position does not change within the company. But its this recruiting of more people that is where you get money out of rather then selling the product.

Over all I would not go for them since they not really able to give a decent income:time ratio let alone provide certain income. I'd also advise people to stay away from companies such as ACN since it has been in multiple court procedings in many countries and whilst it might not be illegal yet I would still avoid it since where I live (Australia) you can be come accountable for supporting things like Pyramid Schemes.

6. dougadam

dougadam New Member

It was in their Australian sector that ANC Inc.com became under some heat. The home based business opportunity took intense legal fire by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commissions (ACCC).

The Judge made the ruling that ACN Inc.com's opportunity was a Pyramid Scheme and not an MLM business. The reasoning behind the ruling was that for a person to become a full repetitive the cost of $500 was so high, that there is more incentive to resell the opportunity over the actual products.

Doug [​IMG]

7. LoveMyLife

LoveMyLife New Member

ACN i s amazing. There are real services, real residual income and yes real bonuses from recruiting. AND there is also overriding residual income!
    This is not, nor does it pose itself as a get rich company. It takes commitment and hard work but you are NEVER alone with this company. It is not about them getting your money and then closing the door on you. They are they with you through it thick and thin so long as you reach out and take the initiative to attend the leadership and local meetings. Anyone who has had a bad experience with ACN has created that for themselves! Anyone who is saying it is a scam is projecting their own lack of good work ethic and expected a "get rich quick" system. ACN is the real deal.....you will not get rich quick but you have the best opportunity out there to work for a secure future through ACN as long as you are willing to do the work, make the commitment and are willing to sacrifice some party time now to do what you want when you want later!

8. needafunjob

needafunjob New Member

It's not a scam. It's not a pyramid scheme. It's a job, that you have to work like any other sales job. If you're not a good sales person, don't sign up. I know they say anyone can make money with ACN, but lets face it, some people can sell and some can't. I signed up and I'm not a sales person. I'm trying to sell, but I'm not good at it. It would work if I had a lot of contacts or was popular or good with talking to people but that's not the case. My cousin is and he has a huge downline and makes great money with the company. Oh well, maybe in the future I'll get some sign ups. I love my video phone and service and the Direct TV and Dish Network plans are the cheapest you can find. So, no complaints with the services. Now they are picking up Power Company contracts since power has been de-regulated. I better learn how to sell, eh? You can make a lot of money with this company if you can sell.

9. robin0116

robin0116 New Member

It is a SLOW process with ACN. You can't bank on any movement quickly.... My aunt and uncle are involved, and they put in $500 to start their business, have been in the business for 1 year, and I think have yet to see $500/month. I haven't asked them, but from what they tell me, it is SUPER difficult. I'd look at more opportunities and evaluate them all before jumping on board. Also - look for those that are risk-free, and $ back guarantee, that way you don't get financially hurt!

10. hvn57

hvn57 New Member

[​IMG]youngwby
    Whitney I'm not an employee but a pastor. I have had nothing but trouble with acn. They even Identify while I was on the phone with themthat I was kicked of and three times lost communication. Even while on the phone the line was dropped twice. we have dealt with this for a year,our son was to be a rep and doesnt make a dime form the our account. we tried to get them because of 1 year of fault to release us and they said it would cost 200.00 for us to leave. I guarantee that qwest or any other would release us no question asked but they argued for1 hour plus and still will not release us. Is Trump that broke? Or typical ethics of a man who just got fired[​IMG]

11. becareful2011

becareful2011 New Member

youngwby
    Hi- would not I repeat would not be or refer any of my friends or family to this company. I recently joined and had a very very bad experience as well as 2 of the reps I bought on. I am trying to get my $$ back but they are giving me a very hard time, so I would not suggest getting a part of this in any way.

12. beemerman

beemerman New Member

I have been very successful with my ACN business. It has not been easy; ACN is definitely not a sure thing. There is risk involved. Like any new business endeavor, there are pitfalls along the way and not everyone will make money. ACN takes hard work, patience, dedication and even a little luck, but success is certainly attainable. If you have the right personality, ACN can be the perfect work at home opportunity.

13. workfrhome

workfrhome New Member

I wanted to know how is the rep or thier risiduals affected when customers they have sold cell services to break their contract? I spoke to the cell provider (sprint) directly and they said that ACN reps don't make any comission or risiduals off of their customers bills. They only sell the equipment. I am confused. Can anyone who understand this break it down for me. Thanks.

14. Niris

Niris New Member

I have been an ACN Rep for less than a month. I got hooked through my stepsis, who was Oh! so excited about this great opportunity... and being that I'm in NYC and ACN recently began supplying energy in NY, everyone was very excited to work with me. If I would have known then what I know now I would not have joined. This is not due to lack of effort or enthusiasm on my part.
    It's due to the fact that in NYC, most people live in apartment buildings which don't allow satellite dishes, nor do renters really care for ADT security, there are 0 saving for customers if they sign up with wireless, many NYers have either Time Warner (cable, internet, digital home phone) or with Verizon (Fios, wireless, home phone and DSL) and have very convenient bundle packages that I'm sure they won't want to break from just to give you their local/long distance or digital phone svc,. As for wireless: The only one who benefits from wireless customers is the rep who gets the customer point through their relation to the cust. Basically, u're asking ur friend to do u a favor and renew their wireless contract thru ACN so u can get ur 2 cust point. 0 savings! DId I mention that ACN does not provide WiMAX DSL svc in NYC yet? The Mobile App that they offer is a common service with no real incentive. I asked my Dominican friends who make intl. calls often. As it stands right now, I can only really offer U.S. Energy in NYC where there is an obvious saving that I can present to customers.
    As for commercial services: once again, only the energy plan is worth selling. THis is where u have the best chance to offer the Video phone, ADT, Digi Phone svc, not WiMax of course, until it becomes available in NYC. Oh & if I understand correctly, in order to get the 10% commission on commercial customers, you must have 40 customer points already. If I can only really offer energy, i must have 40 energy customers, since u only get 1 cust. point per account.
    TO sum this up: I'm not saying it's a scam, but since this is done through "warm marketing", there are only so much fam, or so many friends, or friends-of-friends u can invite to your home meetings and sign up. AND knowing what I know, I would not risk my relationships and sign up other reps with the same limitations I have in NYC. Oh & each training u attend every tuesday in the New Yorker Hotel, u have to pay $10 (?!) And, naturally, u have to pay for attending your natl. trainings & related expenses. I suggest u do this if u know people who can benefit from most of the ACN svcs. I am in a limited market in NYC!? If u know many business & property owners, have an active social life, and yes, put in the work then consider it. Obviously fam & friends will help u succeed. I don't know many business owners, everyone I know rents their apartment & can't have dish svc. nor would they want ADT, there's no ACN internet in NYC so I can't sell that, TWC & Verizon bundles win over ACN because apartment rented can get all their svcs.
    So please don't say that it's because lack of work or motivation that some ACN reps are failing. ACN = LIMITED INCOME IN NYC!

15. kailo

kailo New Member

Disclosure: I am part of 5LINX and not ACN

ACN is definitely not a scam. Your first few months would be the roughest in the beginning of this MLM business. If your upline signs you up, and leaves you alone with no help, then you are more than likely to quit. This is when people complain that something doesn't work.

16. shaun

shaun New Member

Niris

I read your post and am astonished.
    Who the hell does network marketing through their warm market only these days....not many.
    Firstly there are other states in your country & secondly there are these things out there called......wait for it....other countries !! Its amazing!
    To top it all off there is an incredible tool out there called the internet. Through this thing called the internet you can reach millions of people all over the world in these other countries, marketing the very thing they are using ...the internet!
    ACN supplies internet you know!

You could use the angle that most internet marketers & affilliate marketers are leaving money on the table because they are not marketing the most obvious product....an internet connection.

Niris....just using Facebook alone you can reach a global market place and recruit people into your ACN business. its easy and i can show you how...let me know if you want to see and ill private message you a tutorial we have put together.

p.s. Bollocks to NY ...you have the whole world out there mate !

Regards
    Shaun

17. raymair

raymair New Member

Hey hang in there because energy will be deregulating soon in selected areas of west texas. I live in Central Texas and we are moving slowly but we are definately moving. We are anticipating many new product and service arival as well. So stay postive because its about to get crazy!!!!!!

18. raymair

raymair New Member

Pyramid schemes are when companies pay recruiter to recruit recruit recruit. An ACN Independent Rep earns residual income based soley upon Customer Acquisition by providing services that people use and pay for every day, every month, out of every year. Now an ACN Rep does receive BONUSES if they bring in a said number of reps. The idea is simply using a warm marketing strategy to acquire customers and every now and a Rep will run into someone who is interested in doing the same thing as the Rep which is Make People Money & Save People Money. I LOVE ACN!!!!! WOO HOO! The fact is you either get it or you DONT!

19. raymair

raymair New Member

BUT thats not what has made ACN a proven duplicatable home based company for the past 19 years. These founders worked in those SCAM marketing co. and when they sat down together to build ACN they wrote a list of everything that worked and didnt work and based ACN on those working factors AND they knew they also needed a good product. Now they offer verizon and at&t and satellite, energy and security. I mean is your mom really not ging to pay her electric bill or her phone bill? or what about your friends or even you. Are you not going to pay your bills? Why not get some money back on them while you are at it? My inlaws own a Retailer company providing some of these same services but they have OVERHEAD as well to deal with such as: hourly wage for installers, truck gas and insurance, and then you have to purchase all the equipment to be installed and you have to wait until the equipment is installed to get repaid on it and so on and on, but through ACN they dont install bc the corporate co. comes out and does it which gets rid of wages gas and insurace, equipment costs paperwork and service of the equipment and the get a slightly larger residual... with no overhead too. Cant get better than that especiall when you live in a rural are that relies on some of these services.

20. danielson54321

danielson54321 New Member

Acn is a great company! Now in over 23 countries around the world, announcing it's own cell phone network for less monthly rates then ATT, Verizon etc. in June of this year, no credit checks, no long term contracts

Offering a way for consumers to control their enegy costs with Planet Energy is a huge service.

Marketing on celebrity apprentice and endorsements by Donald Trump is huge for name recognition.

We all use the services anyway

Any business has its bad apples, does not make an entire company bad, get over it.

ACN owners are the same owners since the inception

The company is virtually debt free

When they started, they had only 2 services.

Stop wining about ACN, where else can you be your own CEO for $499.00 and have the potential for unlimited growth, yet be responsible for none of the thousand of dollars associated with ownership of running a similar business enterprise.

Many who comment here could use alot of personel growth to go along with their distorted opinions.

It's great, part-time or full time for those who dont have the get rich quick mentality